If you go to Rev3 you won't be able to...

cubenvy

I thought it kinda funny to figure out things that Hak5 wouldn't be able to do when it joins Rev3...

Here's one of them probably.. Adam Savage relates (from the cast of MythBusters) on Credit Card RFID hacking :

"Texas Instruments comes on along with chief legal counsel for American Express, Visa, Discover, and everybody else... They were way, way outgunned and they absolutely made it really clear to Discovery that they were not going to air this episode talking about how hackable this stuff was, and Discovery backed way down being a large corporation that depends upon the revenue of the advertisers. Now it's on Discovery's radar and they won't let us go near it."

http://blog.wired.com/sterling/2008/08/arphid-watch-my.html

From my recollection I don't remember the guys busting out one of these tests.

Not going to be a problem. That's one of the things we specifically looked at before signing with Rev3. They want our show to stay the same. While they're helping us with production and advertising they're intent is not to change the show. Why change something that's already successful?

For example, later this season I plan to do a segment on hacking the Roku Netflix box. Oh, and guess who's sponsoring this season premiere episode? Netflix. :)

I know it's a little black hat-ish, but I would also like to see a segment about good fast data destruction. Like a Sean Kennedy-esque dump and run situation. He touched on the basics, but how about something more related to the data end of it?

Not that we would NEED this... But in case of a raid by big brother you know...

What about the exploit of IE giving out creds to any site that asks and caching those? Or DNS exploits through spoofing?

Sure they both sound interesting. Now on the DNS side of things how would you figure we approach the topic? I mean what do you think everyone would be interested in seeing? A demo of the recent DNS exploit from metasploit on an unpatched DNS server in house?

Dude, this thread pwns! Great segment ideas, omg!

Sure they both sound interesting. Now on the DNS side of things how would you figure we approach the topic? I mean what do you think everyone would be interested in seeing? A demo of the recent DNS exploit from metasploit on an unpatched DNS server in house?

Well, probably both, right? :)

Oh, and have you seen Untangle?

http://www.untangle.com/ - Perhaps something on this too?

Yeah, IDS software and even strengthenign stuff like PHP would be cool segments. A noobs guide to installing and configuring suhosin or a hardening project of some type for your server.

maybe you could get back into stuff like the rss alarm clock from the first season. random lil program setups like that. simple cool stuff like the wall