Hak5 Wallet

neokun

I just built my own and it turned out great. I'm trying to think of some further modifications for it ;).

Still Learning: I can see you lack the mind frame of a true hacker. Why settle for something which was designed in a sweatshop when you can create something on your own. First of all there are methods, as the original poster pointed out, that will allow the paper to withstand water. Also, leather is not entirely waterproof you know. I don't know many people who allow their wallets to soak in water, regardless of the material.

I suggest trying it. Spending 5 minutes to do something creative is hardly a waste of time.

I asked a simple question about the foil. Not having an ugly home made wallet does not mean i dont have the mind set of a true hacker.

Wanting to know the details about the foil IS true hacker mindset, it doesnt matter what the wallet is made of their is a reason why the foil is in there to block signals from the chip. Thats what i was intrested in knowing, I dont need an article to read on how to make a wallet i am creative enough to think of a million wallet ideas and dont need some random dude to tell me i dont have the hacker mentallity because i would rather just buy one from macys, allthough i would consider adding foil to it if i was more informed.

I asked a simple question about the foil. Not having an ugly home made wallet does not mean i dont have the mind set of a true hacker.

Wanting to know the details about the foil IS true hacker mindset, it doesnt matter what the wallet is made of their is a reason why the foil is in there to block signals from the chip. Thats what i was intrested in knowing, I dont need an article to read on how to make a wallet i am creative enough to think of a million wallet ideas and dont need some random dude to tell me i dont have the hacker mentallity because i would rather just buy one from macys, allthough i would consider adding foil to it if i was more informed.

i agree that jest because you can do something one way doesn't mean its the best way, and really im sure no one cares where you buy your stuff at. the foil blocks rfid readers from scanning your credit cards/anything with a rfid chip. here and here for more info on the topic. i used foil because its cheap and easy to work with but if you want to buy a secure wallet there are some on the market here is one i like (and only $20):lol:

<tip>and moonlit i dont think calling people names helps much</tip>

i agree that jest because you can do something one way doesn't mean its the best way, and really im sure no one cares where you buy your stuff at. the foil blocks rfid readers from scanning your credit cards/anything with a rfid chip. here and here for more info on the topic. i used foil because its cheap and easy to work with but if you want to buy a secure wallet there are some on the market here is one i like (and only $20):lol:

<tip>and moonlit i dont think calling people names helps much</tip>

Neokun, thank you! That is exactly the info i was looking for. That wallet on thinkgeek is pretty nice also, good deal for 20$

pretty scarry stuff, i beleive one of my credit cards has a chip in it, so i will be foiling my wallet or buying that 20$ one lol thanks again!

• 1 month later...

interesting idea. perhaps i could do it with card stock for a stronger build. then laminate that with some packaging tape or something. and i'd have a new wallet

Where can you get RFID readers?

Google shop gives a few places, the best price there is £50.

Don't you have to find a reader for your chip though? There are a few different standards around. Then there's also the issue of finding out what kinda chip it is (though social engineering/google could help here). And just to top it off, the data may be encrypted.

Ive looked up about RFID readers and decided a easier way to get free bus rides could be to find a direct thermal printer similar to the one that prints the tickets...which is hard to find too.

made a wallet. skipped the diamond cut though so it came out without inside card pockets haha

Stick a switchblade in your wallet, let it be reverse pick pocketed and *bam* steal the thief's identity.

reverse pick pocketing is when someone puts money in your pocket. hence the "reverse" before pickpocket

Any thing below this

↓

↓

↓

↑

↑

↑

And Above this is the most fail ive ever seen in my life

this coming from someone named after the tiny crusted peices of crap that hang from your butt hairs. ;)

Seriously I love the pic... I used to love capt. crunch.

lol glad people still like the wallet Ive had it now for about 2 months now, paper is still good and its been through two bad rain storms and me marching every day in my school band so its pretty tough.

Super opus sounds like a good idea about leather, maybe if u make a brand and stamp the leather with the logo post pics plz xD

And i think Burger King beat u guys to the reverse pick pocketing idea.