Hak5 Wallet

neokun

hello guys i wanted to show you my new paper wallet! i got the idea from theRIAA on Instructables.com .

once i made one out of plain paper i used gimp to add some of my favorite podcasts like Hak5, Pure Pwnage, and CommandN.

wallet1_0005.jpg

The wallet is bi-fold with one money slot and two credit card slots inside, but on the out side there are two more slots witch can be used as extra credit card slots.

wallet002_0004.jpg

Fore added protection from water (papers natural enemy) i added a coat of clear packing tape to the out side of the paper (the tape also stops the ink from rubbing off on your hands)

wallet001_0002.jpg

in total it only took me about 30 min. to print and assemble the wallet so its fast easy and the final product is very kool.

@sparda - Unless you carry RF cards of some sort in your wallet, what are you going to be able to scan for in a normal wallet? My credit cards don't have RF chips in them - or is that how they all are where you are from?

@sparda - Unless you carry RF cards of some sort in your wallet, what are you going to be able to scan for in a normal wallet? My credit cards don't have RF chips in them - or is that how they all are where your from?

My student ID that my University insist I carry, and my module leader complained about the use of RFID several times.

The wallet of the security paranoid. Is it big enough to fit a pass port in? All newly issues passports have RFID chips with huge antennas on them (just to make it that bit easier for some one to steal your identity).

The wallet i made was printed from standard 8" x 11" copy paper witch makes a 7.5" X 3.75" wallet (unfolded) idk if a passport will fit in mine, but if u used a larger paper it certainly could.

@sparda - Unless you carry RF cards of some sort in your wallet, what are you going to be able to scan for in a normal wallet? My credit cards don't have RF chips in them - or is that how they all are where you are from?

Your credit cards are chipped.

Your credit cards are chipped.

While there are some like that here in the US, mine are old magnetic striped without the speed pay/chip type deal in the card. In fact, I have cut a few in small pieces when they expire, nothing in them except the magnetic strip and plastic. I have seen the rfid type cards, and we have them at work(I work for a bank) but I don't have any personally.

While there are some like that here in the US, mine are old magnetic striped without the speed pay/chip type deal in the card. In fact, I have cut a few in small pieces when they expire, nothing in them except the magnetic strip and plastic. I have seen the rfid type cards, and we have them at work(I work for a bank) but I don't have any personally.

RFID chiping CC's is part of the NWO's control over your $$$ and the movement towards a extremely controllable electronic currency.

Where can you get RFID readers?

Google shop gives a few places, the best price there is £50.

i know ebay is sells RFID readers/writers from $8 - $400 (USA) idk what that translates into euros.

also all the readers i found had to be connected to a computer of some sort to send/receive data,

a portable reader with flash memory would probably be more expensive.

The only time you have to worry about someone stealing your identity is if you go to a Security Conference of some kind. Seriously...

• 3 weeks later...
The only time you have to worry about someone stealing your identity is if you go to a Security Conference of some kind. Seriously...

So naive.

Great idea for the wallet. I've seen duct tape wallets but these are by far cooler. Foil lining is also a great idea to strengthen the wallet physically, and the secure aspect of the wallet.

I think I'll attempt one, I'll post back later.

Sorry, but what exactly does the wallet do that is special. Blocks RFIDsignals with foil in it? that is mostly for passports and creditcards im guessing that have the new paypass express feature? can I just line my current leather wallet in foil or is this one special because it is customized with whatever graphics you want and paper... so like fbi and fraudsters with special scanners can see how much money is in my account by scanning my creidt card in my wallet wirelessly or something? i know chips can be pretty small now a days

It's special because he custom designed and made the thing himself, you douche.

Jesus, what the hell happened to DIY culture?

*groan*

Douche? Why are you being an asshole for asking a simple question. There are certain things i will do myself but i prefer my leather kenneth cole wallet instead of some crappy paper wallet that will melt in the rain fucktard. If there is a good reason to build one in such a way then i would understand building one and prob build one myself. Thanks for the answer about the foil

I just built my own and it turned out great. I'm trying to think of some further modifications for it ;).

Still Learning: I can see you lack the mind frame of a true hacker. Why settle for something which was designed in a sweatshop when you can create something on your own. First of all there are methods, as the original poster pointed out, that will allow the paper to withstand water. Also, leather is not entirely waterproof you know. I don't know many people who allow their wallets to soak in water, regardless of the material.

I suggest trying it. Spending 5 minutes to do something creative is hardly a waste of time.