PSP HACKS!

Xakep

HEY EVERYONE!

I realized that no one posted a topic on PSP hacks YET! So im here to help. I will post TUTs on how to downgrade and such, but I will also post homebrew apps that ARE quite usefull. If you have any questions or requests then JUST POST THEM! I don't if I can do this or not so I wont untill some one tells me I can, but I would like to post links to my upcoming youtube videos on PSP hacks. If I can some one please tell me! That is all, but I will post my tut on creating the Pandora's Battery under this!

You can also reach @ my blogsite crazydrake96.blogspot.com.

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[GUIDE] Installing Despertar del Cementrio v5 + Time Machine [GUIDE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guide written by CrazyDrake96 AKA Xakep

This guide will guide you through the process of installing Despertar del Cementrio v5

*This guide will work with both a PSP Slim and Classic!*

-----------

Disclaimer

-----------

*I am not responsible for any thing that happens to you or your PSP during installation.*

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

-------------

Introduction!

-------------

In this guide I will explain the installation of Desperater del Cementerio v5.

This will allow you to install 3.90 M33-3 directly on any PSP. [You [MUST] have a homebrew-enabled PSP to make it!]

It will also allow you to unbrick any PSP

If you've already got TimeMachine installed, it will integrate seemlessly, if you don't and want it, we suggest installing it before installing DDCv5

If you want to add TimeMachine to DDCv5 later, look at the TimeMachine guide at the end of the page! [if I were You I would I install it!]

If you have a PTF custom theme set, quit it before running the program!

Make sure you run this application under the 3.xx Kernal!

--------------------

0.]What will I need?

--------------------

1. PSP Slim or Classic.

[Must be on either 1.50 or any custom firmware.]

2. USB Cable or memory card reader.

3. One PSP battery [slim or Classic]

I Perfer You Buy A Extra PSP Battery + Memory Stick.

[Your battery will be able to be converted back to normal.]

4. These files:

1) Despertar del Cementrio v5

2) Hellcat's Pandora Installer Revision 3

3) 3.90 EBOOT.PBP

4) 3.40 EBOOT.PBP

5) 1.50 EBOOT.PBP

--------------------------------

1.] Formating the Memory stick

Connect your USB cable

Copy the 'pan3xx' folder to 'X:/PSP/GAME/'.

Disable USB [press O]

Then go to your PSP's XMB and select the GAME folder (under your gamesaves).

You should see a program called pan3xx. click on it. run it and then it will come to a blue screen.

To format push these buttons [in this order]. R + X, L + R + X, and Finaly press X to Shut down your PSP!

After you shut down MANULYs reboot your PSP [flick the POWER switch!]

*CONGRATS YOU FORMATED YOUR MEMORY STICK!*

------------------

2.] Install DDCv5

------------------

Connect your USB cable

Copy the 'dc5' folder to 'X:/PSP/GAME/'.

Rename your 3 downloaded EBOOT.PBP's to:

1.50 EBOOT -> 150.PBP

1.50 EBOOT -> UPDATE.PBP

3.40 EBOOT -> 340.PBP

3.90 EBOOT -> 390.PBP

Copy the renamed EBOOT's to the root of your memory stick.

Disable USB [press O]

[DO NOT PUT pan3xx BACK IN WITH dc5!]

[ONLY HAVE dc5 IN THE GAME FOLDER AT THIS TIME]

You should see a program called Despertar del Cementrio v5. Click on it. Run it and then it will come to a black screen.

Press X to begin installation.

*You Just Created Your Own Pandora' Memory Stick!*

----------------------

3.] Converting battery

----------------------

Connect your USB cable.

copy 'pan3xx' to X:/PSP/GAME on your memory stick.

Disable USB [press O]

Launch it via GAME > Memory stick.

Press R + O to back up your battery's serial in case you want to change it back to normal.

Press O to convert your battery to Pandora's Battery.

Press L + X to install the ipl.

When done, press triangle to exit.

*You Have Now Made Yourself a Pandora's Battery!*

-----------------------

4.] Using Your Battery

-----------------------

Turn off your PSP fully.

Remove your memory stick.

Insert your memory stick.

POWER on your PSP [if Time Machine Is Installed Then Hold down your chosen button for Pandor's Battery!]

Select one of the options!

----------------------

AND YOUR DONE!

----------------------

-------------------------------------------------

[GUIDE]How To Install Time Machine[GUIDE]

-------------------------------------------------

This guide will guide you through the process of installing Time Machine

*This guide will work with both a PSP Slim and Classic!*

-------------

Introduction!

-------------

In this guide I will explain the installation of Time Machine.

This will allow you to use your newly created Pandora's Battery as a normal battery!

[For it to work you *MUST* have BOTH your Pandora's Battery and Memorystick inserted in your PSP!]

You also have to have a custom firmware or 1.50 PSP to install this APP!

--------------------

0.]What will I need?

--------------------

1. PSP Slim or Classic.

[Must be on either 1.50 or any custom firmware.]

3. Pandora's Battery + Memorystick

4. These files:

1.)TIMEMACHINE

[if you want to emulate other older Custom Firmwares then also get these]

Rename the EBOOTS

2.)3.40 EBOOT -> 340.PBP[you should allready have!]

3.)3.60.PSAR

1.]Install Time Machine [LITE]

In this part of my guide I will show you how to install the "lite" version of Time Machine.

This means you wont need the 3.60.PSAR.

Connect your USB cable

Copy the 'TIMEMACHINE' folder to 'X:/PSP/GAME/'.

Disable USB [press O]

Run Time Machine.

It will come up with a black menu with six options.

You only need the FIRST TWO options.

Click on "Install iplloader on PSP MS boot sector"

Let it install

Click on "Convert Pandora/DC1-DC4 ipl into TM format"

Let it install

Click EXIT

----------------------

AND YOUR DONE!

----------------------

1.]Install Time Machine [FULL]

In this part of my guide I will show you how to install the "full" version of Time Machine.

This means you need the 3.60.PSAR.

Connect your USB cable

Copy the 3.60.PSAR in the root of the memorystick.

Disable USB [press O]

Run Time Machine.

It will come up with a black menu with six options.

Now you can choose the other options.

They are marked to show you which firmware will work on which PSP [slim or Classic]

When your done Click EXIT

----------------------

AND YOUR DONE!

----------------------

If You Need MORE Help Or If You Have Quesions You Can Ask Me As A Comment On My Blog @ crazydrake96.blogspot.com

Also There Are Readmes In The Files I Gave You If You Need Them : )

Hoped You Liked My [GUIDE]!

*I will post a link to MediaFire containing all the files you need I am uploading them RIGHT NOW!*

[You guys are the first to look @ my GUIDE I am posting this exact GUIDE AND FILES on my upcoming youtube vid PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON IT!]

• 1 month later...

Hey thanks for starting this great topic! A friend of mine has a bigger (original) PSP, with firmware version 4.05. I really would like to learn how to downgrade to a firmware version so I can do some homebrewing. I've watched a couple vids on youtube and in one it said that it's a little harder to do with Windows Vista, which is what I'm running on my laptop. I'm pretty much a noob at modding things like this, however I'm more knowledgeable at this sort of thing than the owner of the PSP. I just want to help out a friend, and gain some know how for the future. Thank you for any help you can bring me.

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't replied in so long, I think? Sorry, but I didn't think many people on Hak5.org cared about PSP hacking, but man was I shocked when today I decided to go to check up on this post and I had 5 responses! Thanks a lot guys this means a lot to me. I mean besides PC/Other stuff I hack PSPs are what I'm best at. So I will try to answer any of your need to know Questions and I just might have some BIG FAT ANSWERS! Also when I get my youtube vids up and running I will make a GIANT post about it both here and on my blog. By the way if you haven't visited my blog yet its crazydrake96.blogspot.com!

[Thanks again everyone!]

Blixzit,

About your friends PSP. Is there anyone that you know that has a 1.50 PSP or custom firmware? I say this because in order to make a Pandora's Battery YOU NEED A 1.50 OR Custom Firmware PSP. [The Pandora's Battery is what you need to give your friend custom firmware!] Also you probably don't want to use Vista [Vista = Epic Fail] because these apps I will educate you about do not work well with Vista that I know of because I have XP. [and loving IT!]

benjamin1254,

Let me ask you a question are you trying to hack YOU FRIENDS PSP? Because your comment was a little confusing to me. I am just trying to get this strait. So what you said in you comment was:

also my friend has a classic as well with the 3.90 M33-3 firmware n i want to use his psp n hack it so it can use homebrew any ideas would help alot man!

So by what you are saying you want to run hombrew on his 3.90 M33-3[by the way this version custom firmware is a great one!]PSP. Well if that's the case your in luck you can run homebrew on his PSP RIGHT NOW! All you have to do is ether go to by blog which I posted a link for above this post and I have a link for a website called pspupdates.qj.net[or you can use this link!] So if you have any future questions on which homebrew apps I recommend or whatever just post a comment at any time!

I'm planning on getting my own PSP, eventually. I doubt I'll be able to buy a used PSP at GameStop that already has it's own custom firmware, although it'd be pretty freakin' sweet. And the only reason I have Vista is because last September when I bought my laptop, I didn't have the time, or money, to custom order it. I needed a computer that I could take with me, so I got a Toshiba Satellite from Office Depot. It's a great computer, haven't had any major problems with Vista yet (knock on wood), but I do plan on building a desktop pc with XP. Thanks for your response, btw. Looking forward to your YouTube vids! ;)

Blixzit,

Hey thanks for REREPLYING to my REPLY!

You might actualy get lucky and find a custom firmware PSP in Game stop but if not at least look for one that is ether 1.50 or 3.50 or less. 1.50 would be the best find for you because you can run an app called KXPLOIT and exploit your 1.50 PSP to run homebrew and then you can make a Pandora's Battery & Memory Stick! And if you can find a 3.50 or below PHAT not Slim PSP [slim only goes down to 3.60. I think?] reply ASAP and I will try to help you downgrade it with a different exploit!

Also as soon as I get a live screen capture app on my PC [that doesn't have a virus TEE-HEE! Long story!] I will get my Pandora Battery/Other Downgrading your PSP video up on youtube. Also I just made a trailer/intro to my youtube vids and will get that up ASAP! Be looking for a post about that vid being add soon! And if you have any more Qs on PSP hacks reply whenever.

Xakep

Awesome! Yeah I'm still looking around on eBay and Craigslist for used PSPs (non-slim) with 1.50 firmware. Haven't been to my local GameStop in a while, I'll try to remember to call and ask about one today. This is all well and good, except for the fact of my empty wallet, haha. I should start working in the fall, so it's still a while before I'll actually be able to get my hands on a PSP, but I see that as more time to learn what the hell to do, with your great help! Thanks again.

Blixzit,

Hey I hope you find a 1.50 Phat PSP an eBay/Where ever and if you do just say the word and I will upload a SPECIAL .7z file to probably Rapidshare and it will contain all the files you need to exploit and upgrade your PSP to a custom firmware [if you find a 1.50 PSP you don't have to use this tutorial to make a Pandora's Battery you can skip strait to upgrading to custom firmware!] Also I can't include the 3.51 and 3.52 M33 custom firmware in the .7z file in its update form because I think I can get in trouble for it [sorry]! So you will [just like I did] have to wait 4-8 hours on both of the M33update installer apps to make the updates for you. Yes I know it SUCKS. So I will just include the 3.51 and 3.52 installers in there for you, but the good news every thing else I CAN give you in update form!

So, if you have any more Qs or if you got that awesome 1.50 Phat PSP just post another reply and I will get back with you ASAP!

Also even if you didn't get that 1.50 PSP I will still post both the files and a Full Tutorial on which order you have to run the updates, how to create the updates from the installers, and which folders you have to place those updates in.

So until then keep on checking backing for updates!

Xakep

• 3 weeks later...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[GUIDE]HOW TO DOWNGRADE OFFICIAL SONY v3.50 PSP WITH LUMINES[GUIDE]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guide will walk you through the process of downgrading your 3.50 PSP[sony Original] with the Lumines Exploit By Team Noobz.

*This guide will only work with PSP Classic!*

-----------

Disclaimer

-----------

*I am not responsible for any thing that happens to you or your PSP during installation.*

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

--------------------

0.]What will I need?

--------------------

1.] PSP Classic.

[Must be on 3.50 SONY official firmware!]

2.] USB Cable or memory card reader.

4.] These files/game:

1.]A unpatched copy of Lumines

3.]3.50 UPDATE [EBOOT.PBP]

2.]Universal 3.50 HEN / Downgrader

3.]SONY 1.50 [EBOOT.PBP]

[You Can get Universal 3.50 HEN / Downgrader in a zip file at this URL! http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/component/optio...fileinfo/id,20/ ]

[You can get the 1.50 EBOOT.PBP from this URL! http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4]

BEFORE YOU START THE "Install" PART OF THIS GUIDE MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT 3.50 BEFORE YOU RUN THIS EXPLOIT

[so if you have a PSP with a lower firmware upgrade to 3.50 with the offical SONY Upgrader found at this URL! http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1164 ]

---------

1.]Install

---------

1.]Make sure you have a Unpatched version of Lumines.

[To do this pop in you game and when the UMD Icon shows up you should not see the "PSP Update ver 3.51" below it!]

[iF YOUR PSP IS AT v3.50 ALREADY GO TO STEP 5!]

2.]Create a folder in your ms0:/PSP/GAME called "UPDATE"[ALL CAPS] and place your downloaded SONY EBOOT.PBP in it.

3.]Go to you GAME section of your XMB [Main menu on your PSP] and run the 3.50 Update!

4.]Once it finishes DELETE THE 3.50 UPDATE YOU JUST RAN!

5.]Connect your USB cable.

6.]Unzip the "Downgrader350_All_Unpatched.zip" you downloaded from team Noobz!

7.]Click on the "MS_ROOT" folder and paste the PSP folder in you memory stick.

[DO NO PLACE THE MS_ROOT FOLDER IN YOUR MS_ROOT FOLDER!]

9.]Rename your 1.50 EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP.

10.]Go to ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE and place the renamed 1.50 UPDATE.PBP in it.

11.]Disable USB [press O]

-----------------------

2.]Running The Exploit!

-----------------------

1.]Pop in your Unpatched copy on Lumines.

2.]Wait for the game to load to the main menu. [it should say "Press Start"]

3.]Press Start.

4.]Your screen will turn black, blue then black again then it will go back to your XMB.

5.]Check to see that you are running the 3.50 HEN.

6.]Go to the settings section of the XMB.

7.]Go down to System Settings [push X].

8.]Then look for System Information[push X].

9.]The it should say "System Software 3.50 HEN".

10.]If it says this then congrats you can now run the Downgrader "PSP Update ver X.YZ" under the GAME section on your memory card.

[sIDE NOTE: There is other apps in your GAME section these are just Demos/Other I don't mess with these much, but like I stated all you need to run is the "PSP Update ver X.YZ" program!]

---------------------------

2.]PSP Update ver X.YZ

1.]Once you run the "PSP Update ver X.YZ" app it will take you to a black screen with red words.

2.]PUSH X TO DOWNGRADE!

3.]Let it run it may take a little bit, but not that long.

4.]Once its ALL done it will have on the screen a BIG "OK" at the bottom it says "Press X to restart the PSP" so press X!

5.]Once it restarts it will take you to a blue screen that says ".Setting information is corrupted. Press the O Button to repair and restore default settings."

6.]Make sure you popped out your copy of Lumines BEFORE YOU PRESS O!

[The reason why i say this is because it will start the game again because it enables the dumb auto run UMD setting again!]

7.]Then you PSP will reset again and this time it will bring you to a screen asking what language you want and so forth just answer those questions.

[it actually should be the settings you had before you downgraded!]

8.]Then to check that you have a 1.50 PSP go to the settings section of the XMB again.

9.]Go to the settings section of the XMB.

10.]Go down to System Settings [push X].

9.]The it should say "System Software Version 1.50" [if you did it correctly!].

You Now Have 1.50 PSP!

----------------------

AND YOUR DONE!

----------------------

---------------------------------

URLS AGAIN JUST IN CASE

---------------------------------

Universal 3.50 HEN / Downgrader

1.50 EBOOT.PBP

3.50 offical SONY Upgrader

If You Need MORE Help Or If You Have Questions You Can Ask Me As A Comment On My Blog @ crazydrake96.blogspot.com : )

Check out mine :) I love the psp

http://youtube.com/user/pspheaven

http://pspheaven.net

EDIT

btw if you don't know sony is stopping production of the psp slim and creating the PSP-3000 which has a brighter screen, firmware wish so called better features, and one other thing... Anyway its purely to stop the use of hacking it with the pandora battery. Currently the TA-88 motherboard cannot be hacked as of yet. (TA-85v2 and higher cannot create pandora but can use them except TA-88)

acer5050,

Hey thanks for replying to my recent post!

Yes I did hear about the PSP-3000, and yes I DO KNOW that the TA-88 motherboard can not be hacked yet.

Thanks any way for posting the comment though because i'm sure other people DID NOT KNOW THAT!

Any thanks for your comment.

Xakep

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[GUIDE]HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PSP FROM 1.50 TO M33 [GUIDE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guide will guide you through the process of upgrading your newly downgraded PSP to a M33 Custom Firmware

-----------

Disclaimer

-----------

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

--------------------

0.]What will I need?

--------------------

1. PSP Classic.

[Must be on 1.50 SONY offical firmware or M33 Custom Firmware!]

These files:

1.]H E L L C A T s R e c o v e r y F l a s h e r v1.32

2.]Sony 3.71 and 4.01 Update EBOOT

---------------

1.]Installation

---------------

1.]Connect your USB to your PSP

2.]Extract 23692_rflash132

3.]Copy the RECOVERY folder and the contence of the 1.50 folder [%__SCE__rflash and __SCE__rflash] to ms0:/PSP/GAME/

4.]Rename the EBOOTs you downloaded to 371.PBP and 401.PBP

5.]Copy them to ms0:/ [The root of your memory stick NOT the MS_ROOT folder!]

6.]Disable USB [press O]

--------------

2.]Running It

--------------

1.]Go to the GAME section of the XMB [PSP's main Menu!]

2.]Run HELLCAT's Recovery Flasher [The one with the GREEN MICRO CHIP not the black one!]

3.]It may ask you to accept some terms just accept them and move on.

4.]Let it load to the main menu

5.]Ok here is the part where YOU decide!

6.]On the main menu there are to top options "Flash new 3.71-M33-4 " and "Flash new 4.01-M33-2" Pick one!

7.]Once you choose one it will bring you to a screen that says "CFW Installation".

8.]Choose ether reset or do not reset (format) settings!

9.]Then it will install the Custom Firmware you chose!

[it may take a while!]

11.]Then it will shut off.

12.]turn it back on.

13.]Select your settings.

10.]Then your all done!

-------------------------

3.]1.50 Kernal AddOn

YOU NEED THE 1.50 Kernal Add On [4.01 M33] TO RUN YOUR 150 HOMEBREW! [PSP Classic ONLY!]

1.50 Kernal AddOn

2.]Create a folder in ms0:/PSP Called "GAME4XX"!

3.]Copy the 150k_installer folder to ms0:/PSP/GAME4XX

4.]Make a copy of the SONY 1.50 update you downloaded and copy it to ms0:/ and rename it “150.PBP”

5.]Disable USB [press O]

6.]RUN IT AND PRESS X

--------------

+EXTRAS+

--------------

Since you have that sweet new hombrew app why not check out it's other features!

*This time you are going to launch the version with the *BLACK MICRO CHIP*

1.]Backing up your flash

1.] "Go to the Backup Flash content"

Make sure you have the original SONY update PBP of the firmware you are backing up! This can be either in the RECOVERY folder itself, or in the memstick root [NOT MS_ROOT], and it HAS TO BE RENAMED TO THAT FIRMWARE YOU BACKED UP!

EXAMPLE:

1.]I back up 3.90 M33-3

2.]Then I go to http://www.psp-hacks.com/psp-downloads.php and download from their firmware section the SONY 390 UPDATE EBOOT.PBP

3.]Rename it to 390.PBP [NOT "3.90.PBP"]

4.]Then I place it in either the RECOVERY folder ,or in the memstick root [NOT MS_ROOT]!

NOTE: For restoring 3.60-M33 on the Slim, use the 3.52 updater (352.PBP)

When creating a new Backup the folders will be named like "Backup_001", "Backup_002" and so forth.

You can rename the folders to whatever you want LIKE "390M33-3BACKUP" or whatever! Recovery Flasher will show the renamed folders with no problems and you can then use them to restore or save new backups in there.

You can also create folders before you back up the flash with whatever name you want,and then it will dump your flash in to your folder you created!

The backup folders are located in ms0:/flash_backup/

*-D O N E-*

-----------------------------------------

2.]UNBRICK A "SIMIBRICKED PSP"

-----------------------------------------

OK say you bricked you PSP but you can still get to the M33 RECOVERY MENU [sIMIBRICKED]

[TO GET TO RECOVERY MENU:]

[HOLD THE POWER SWITCH UNTIL IT COMPLETELY SHUTS OFF THEN HOLD THE R TRIGGER AND TURN IT ON!]

Well you can launch this app from your recovery menu! That means you can eather install ether a fresh copy of 401 or 371,or you can restore a back up of your flash!

NO PANDORA'S BATTERY REQUIRED unless its fully bricked! [Can't get to recovery menu!]

1.]Go to recovery menu

2.]Go to "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP"

3.]RUN IT!

*-D O N E-*

----------------------

AND YOUR DONE!

----------------------

If You Need MORE Help Or If You Have Quesions You Can Ask Me As A Comment On My Blog @ crazydrake96.blogspot.com : )

[There is also a README that comes with this app if you have any concerns!]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[GUIDE]HOW TO DOWNGRADE YOUR 2.80 PSP TO 1.50 WITH TIF EXPLOIT![GUIDE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guide will guide you through the process of downgrading your 2.80 PSP to 1.50 [NO UMD REQUIRED]!

-----------

Disclaimer

-----------

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

--------------------

0.]What will I need?

--------------------

1.] PSP Classic.

[Must be on 2.80 SONY offical firmware!]

2.] USB Cable or memory card reader.

These files:

1.]280dg.zip

2.]SONY 1.50 [EBOOT.PBP]

3.]Sony 2.80 Update [EBOOT.PBP]

BEFORE YOU START THE "Installation" PART OF THIS GUIDE MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT 2.80 BEFORE YOU RUN THIS EXPLOIT

---------------

1.]Installation

---------------

2.]Create a folder in your ms0:/PSP/GAME called "UPDATE"[ALL CAPS] and place your downloaded 2.80 SONY EBOOT.PBP in it.

3.]Go to you GAME section of your XMB [Main menu on your PSP] and run the 2.80 Update!

4.]Once it finishes DELETE THE 2.80 UPDATE YOU JUST RAN!

5.]Extract 280dg

6.]Copy the psp folder to the root of your memory stick [NOT THE MS_ROOT FOLDER!!!!]

7.]Rename the 1.50 EBOOT you downloaded to UPDATE.PBP

8.]Copy it to your UPDATE folder [Location: ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE]

9.]Disable USB [press O]

--------------

2.]Running It

--------------

1.]Go to the PHOTO section of the XMB [PSP's main Menu!]

2.]Find the HEN_280 Folder and Push X!

3.]The screen should turn black then BLUE [if the files were written successfully] or RED [if the files could not write to the flash. If this happens try again].

4.]It may take a few times to get this right but when you do always check to see if you are running the 2.80 HEN

5.]Go to the settings section of the XMB

6.]Go down to System Settings [push X]

7.]Then look for System Information[push X]

8.]The it should say "System Software 2.80 HEN"

9.]If it says this then congats you can now run the Downgrader "PSP Update ver X.YZ" under the GAME section on your memory card.

2.]PSP Update ver X.YZ

1.]Once you run the "PSP Update ver X.YZ" app it will take you to a black screen with red words.

2.]PUSH X TO DOWNGRADE!

3.]Let it run it may take a little bit, but not that long.

4.]Once its ALL done it will have on the bottom of the screen "Press X to restart PSP" so press X!

5.]Once it restarts it will take you to a blue screen that says ".Setting information is corrupted. Press the O Button to repair and restore default settings."

6.]Then you PSP will reset again and tis time it will bring you to a screen asking what language you want and so forth just answer those

[it actualy should be the settings you had before you downgraded!]

7.]Then to check that you have a 1.50 PSP go to the settings section of the XMB again

8.]Go to the settings section of the XMB

9.]Go down to System Settings [push X]

10.]The it should say "System Software Version 1.50" [if you did it correctly!]

YOU NOW ARE RUNNING 1.50!

----------------------

AND YOUR DONE!

----------------------

If You Need MORE Help Or If You Have Quesions You Can Ask Me As A Comment On My Blog @ crazydrake96.blogspot.com : )

walcy,

Thanks for the website link! I watched some of his videos.

And I have been thinking about this for a wile WHY HASN'T THE HOMEBREW WORLD COME OUT WITH OTHER WIFI APPS LIKE A PACKET SNIFFER? They already have apps to detect ,on the fly, wifi access points ,but what about sniffing their traffic!

walcy,

Thanks for the website link! I watched some of his videos.

And I have been thinking about this for a wile WHY HASN'T THE HOMEBREW WORLD COME OUT WITH OTHER WIFI APPS LIKE A PACKET SNIFFER? They already have apps to detect ,on the fly, wifi access points ,but what about sniffing their traffic!

Anytime man, actually Squidly is a chick..lol

But she has done lots of stuff on all the psp stuff, if you google squidly schlepping er something like that can find stuff on one of her sites, also now i remembering Jenn Cutter might of done some stuff like that too....... ;)

just wanted to post this somewere. this seamed teh best spot. for thoes poor soles who bricked there psp and didnt get a chance to make a pandora battery or magic memorystick. (my self included (actualy i bricked it before it was released)) pandorasales.com. i used them and got it with in a week. for a 512Mb (preinstalled with the reinstall for 3.88 m33 and sony 3.88 and an upgrade to 4.01 m33 and 1.50 add on.) its about $45 US with shipping included in that price. $35 without shipping.

neowhitehat,

Thanks for the POST! I know a few people including myself who at one point bricked or simibricked their PSP! I have bricked mine messing with the flash0 TWICE! Because I was messing with the Module folder tring to get a custom theme installed, but in my case I have a SPARE BATTERY AND MEMORY STICK that I pandoraized the original way using CMD that I can just pop in and reflash with! That is one VERY important thing to have laying around that you might one day NEED so that is why you have a SPARE battery and memory stick Just In Case!

Any way, I hope that nobody has to go through that pain staking process of tring to find some one to unbrick their PSP or have to buy another PSP to make a Pandora's Battery with! Trust me IT SUCKS!

Also speeking of fixing a simi bricked PSP I need to add one more EXTRA to the

[GUIDE]HOW TO UPDATE YOUR PSP FROM 1.50 TO M33 [GUIDE]

Check it out soon!

lol I haven't had a PSP in ages!! When I did though I used to keep up with the homebrew scene! I was a strong believer in firmware version 1.5 (I believe that was the version which allowed that kernel access you would so desire!)

I remember all my friends like didn't care about the homebrew shit and just updated to version 2.x and at that time downgrading was not possible! until someone discovered that buffer overflow in GTA! ;)

and after that my little cousins broke the PSP and I never got a new one since! Well at least it was fun when I had it !