webpage blocking geting round it

jrwcmj

i was wondering is there a way i could have a server act as my connection to the internet so blocked  websites i can view without changeing proxy's because i do not have access to the settings in internet explorer at collage i was thinking about useing a webpage  like anomamouse exsept i what my own server so that it loads faster will this work and how would i set the up and what would the best type of server and os would be best?

• 2 weeks later...
just load a copy of portable Firefox onto your flash drive and use that... unless there pushing traffic through a hardware firewall in that case it wouldn't matter.

How does portable browsers get around content filters on a network?

I have PHP Proxy running on my site, but I could not get it to run with Apache and PHP on any box at home. I get a blank page when I try to visit it on my home box, yet it works from my website. I think maybe I don't have something configed right, but sure if I even have the right setup.

I downloaded the Apache 2.2.4 with SSI and PHP 5.2.? and I see the "It Works" page, but when I go to the PHP proxy page, its just a blank page, no html in it.

EDIT: I couldn't get it to run individually, so I went with the XAMPP package instead. Things are working nicely now, so all I need to do is finish testing it from a remote location and see if I can connect to my spare box with PHP Proxy running on it.

• 1 month later...
they block runing programs from memory sticks i think it's for that reason

i would say the stop executables on flash drives for a lot more reasons than browsers, normaly in a skool, it will be for games, in a work enviroment, it will tend to be for security.

pobely is but i can not run my portable apps which is the most annoying thing as i like using firefox epically with the plugins i have and i like ircing but they don't like you using chat rooms even in your break which is the most annoying i am an adult am safe what do you think i am going to try to do cheat come on what chat rooms out there will help you do your assignments come on we are responsible come on it's a collage you are not going to have a bandwith limit lighten up