Sparda

Will you upgrade if so when?  

46 members have voted

1. 1.

• I'll be stood out side my local computer shop at 5AM on the release day
    • I'll upgrade legaly when it starts gewtting used in buisnes
    • I'll upgrade when the iso is on Bittorrent and it's been cracked
    • I'll upgrade if I can get it free legaly
    • What is this windows you speak of? LINUX!

oooh double post

I'll hold off until i can see a benifit, same as I did with XP. When it was clear that it worked better than 2K for my needs, i made the switch. But i know a lot of nay sayers will be along shortly to say it sucks. So to them I say:

Are you a beta tester?

Have you actually used it?

If the answers no to either of them, then be quiet.

If yes, tell us what its like.

I have experianced it a little, honistly, it's mac OS but can nativly run Win32 applications ^^. Nah, i'v used it a little, not enough to make a claim like that. I was still using windows 98se when i finaly upgraded to XP, and that was XP SP1, I finaly saw the need becasue my school was upgrading to 2k, and i needed a platform to test my latest hacks ^^. Although I put I would do it if it was free, in all honisty I will probably have to if it start working some where that uses Vista.

From what I can see from places like digg and neowin, is that it might actually be quite good under the hood. Not sure i like Aero personally, i find to much eye candy to be annoying when i'm working.

I'll upgrade as soon as a torrent is up. If I was paying then I wouldn't be upgrading as the price will be way to high to justify the new features. Regardless of paying or not paying it's going to be risky beign an early adopter, like the early days of XP when hardly any hardware had XP compatible drivers.

Friends don't let friends use Microsoft.

True but what else does one have to turn to when it comes to gaming? I love linux, windows, and osx but If vista is better than xp pro, I'll torrent it and use it for my gaming rig.

Other than that viva la open source.

I will upgrade to Vista on my gaming box when it come out as there will be a speed increase for gamers, I already have it up and running on a test box and it still need some work but it will be good enough for a gaming box.

One reason I'll upgrade asap.. Direct X 10

The only slight drawback is I'll have to wait to buy Vista until a bad ass DX10 card has been released and then buy the most up to date motherboard as well just to compliment the package.

Vista does have its flaws, like their big brother bullsh** about DRM among others, just read up on it on the web. However, me being a hardcore gamer at heart, I can't ignore the benefits offered by a non backwards compatible DX10 technology so there is no bottlenecking. But naturally that wont be the only OS I have installed incase I want to watch a movie or something that Vista wont let me do, or a game that abso-frigen-lutely wont work with DX10 and needs DX9 etc.

Can't forget the always ever important partition of Linux to :)

I have the beta, from MSDN I installed it it was ok... I tried to use it as a desktop for 2 day, It ran a bit slower then XP on my machine and I really didn't like the eyecandy to much although the theme is, in my opion far better then WinXP's defualt.

I'd love to move completely over to FreeBSD, or even Linux, but gaming needs Windows (until companies move away from DirectX).

Speaking of DirectX, has everyone seen the DirectX 10 trailer from Crytek?? DirectX 10 will be my biggest reason for upgrading so I may wait until those games are out before I upgrade/move to Vista.

Ben