[Module] HTTPeek

newbi3

Description

HTTPeek displays all images, urls, cookies, and post data sent in plaintext by clients connected to the Wifi Pineapple.

Features

• Display images, urls, cookies, and post data on a web page.
  • Start/Stop capturing
  • Start/Stop live updating
Edited by newbi3
  • Like 1

• newbi3 changed the title to [Module] HTTPeek
  • 2 weeks later...

Module works great, any chance of keeping it active while clicking on other tabs in the menu?

Testing shows if a user clicks off the module, and returns later, even immediately, Sniffer will stay enabled, but Listening must be manually restarted.

During active engagements, I do not see staying on a single page for the duration of testing for data collection.

This module isn't really meant to be left running while you're not looking at it. If you need to do a packet capture that records the data it collects I recommend using tcpdump.

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, wicked69ng said:

Module works great, any chance of keeping it active while clicking on other tabs in the menu?

Testing shows if a user clicks off the module, and returns later, even immediately, Sniffer will stay enabled, but Listening must be manually restarted.

During active engagements, I do not see staying on a single page for the duration of testing for data collection.

I opened the module in another tab on my browser. This seems to work no problem and will grab the data. I did it whilst typing this out and have caught POST data for my router login (only http site I visit.......)

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I've spent about an hour in a metro with PineAP in active mode, and internet input.

It was about 5-13 different clients connected at any moment. some of them for 20 minutes.

I've collected huge list of SSIDs and MACs.

40 minutes of watching on the HTTPeek. "sniffer enabled. listening active".

And there is nothing in HTTPeek.

No URLs, no images, no cookies.

What is my mistake?

The only mistake I can spot is the fact that ppl get their traffic sniffed without them allowing it to happen. Other than that... there is no mistake. The module works as intended. The question to ask is: "How many ppl are using web services in 2021 that is based only on http?" My answer is, "not many" and probably the reason why nothing gets caught in the net.

• Foxtrot featured this topic
  • Foxtrot pinned this topic
  • Foxtrot unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

HTTPeek not loading
I've been trying for quite some time now but I am unable to get HTTPeek to work. 

The "sniffer" can be enabled and loads but when I try to start listening, it just doesn't load. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the module but it seemed to do noting, I've even tried restarting my PC and the wifi pineapple but still getting the same issue. One thing I've found odd is that it never asked me to download any dependencies. Could it be because of that?