Live Show 2x07 TIME ERROR FLAME!

Ethan Hunt

I state clearly here that I wish 2 kill whoever posted the timezone calculator 4 the live show. It made me miss it! So step up and confess :D I guess I'll just download it but I wish 2 complain in hope that there will be no such mistake 4 the next show. P.S. To Darren and Wess: How's the new house?

Peace.

The timezone calculator was correct. So was the time we posted. So was the GMT/UTC difference for EST. If you can figure out what time it is in NYC and what that means to you then you've got Hak5 time. It's only as complicated as you make it.

Maybe next time we should post a map that shows where we are on the globe along with the timezones. :shock:

PS: Sorry aussies, 6am is totally not hacker friendly.

No seriously unless I'm totally blind I didnt catch a mistake. If I made an honest mistake I take full responsability and will do whats necessary to make it up to the community. Please help me to figure this out so that I can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Ahh screw it, next time we'll just rent a stadium and fly all hundred odd thousand of you guys down. man that would kick ass.

As for the download, it'll be ready tonight. Ash is working on scrubbing the audio now. Please forgive us in advance for not getting the audio right this time.

Ok now I'm confuzed. I'm not sure if I'm even correct here but: The link to the timezone that was posted in the live show page said 3 pm blabla bla there is 12:00 in the morning here. So I got online at 12:00 on the 4th and nothing. Went to IRC and asked, they told me that it started and finished 2-3 hours ago. So I don't really know if u made a mistake or I figured out something wrong but anyway... Waiting 2 download it and c... BYW: The stadium idea ----> PWNAGE! :D Peace

The link is to a website that calculated the timezones based on an event at 3:00 PM EST, set to Washington DC time which is in the same timezone as us. On most world clocks Eastern Standard Time is represented by New York. The website could be wrong for all I know. If anyone has some insight on a better system for announcing event times I'd be more than happy (yes slightly less than insane) to hear them.