20" Widescreen Vs. 2 x 17" 4:3

VaKo

I will probally be buying Dell Ultrasharp screens, unless anyone has any better ideas. My question is, which do you think is the better choice, a single Dell Ultrasharp 2007FWP, with a resolution of 1650px x 1050px or 2 x Dell Ultrasharp 1707FP (1280 x 1024) with a resolution of 2560 x 1024. What are your thoughts?

Depends, I would personally go for the two monitors (if this is a any thing that isn't gaming environment) because I love the ability to have some thing other on one monitor while doing some thing on the other (even if it's web browser + VLC).

on the other hand, having two monitors annoys me, im much happier just dealing with one.

i suppose the point is, if you already have a 17", you can just add another one? if your monitor died, go for the single wide one.

I just got a 20" similar to what your looking at. I love it. Like others have said, if your using it for gaming, video, or ect, one big monitor is great. I prefer to dev on a dual or quad monitor setup simply so I can see all the code i want and do various other things like chat or watch a movie w/out moving windows around.

I use three 19" benq lcds and I love em. I've been seriously thinking about adding another three to the mix and going 2x3. maybe thats a bit much. anyway its all personal preference. once i went dual i could never go back. now that i'm going trip i cant possibly see using only one screen.

I was running 2 17 inches untill a few days ago, and am now myself running a 20inch widescreen dell - and Im well happy. There is tonnes of real estate at 1680x1050, and dont miss the twin screen ability. At work I have dual 19's, and dont feel like theres any difference when I come home.

The only thing I cant do now is have 2 apps maximised, or have something open on another screen during gaming (But I didnt do that much anyways).

atm ive got 2X LG Flatron L1932P's and there working great, though these are 19'' non-WS but i think they do the job rather well, i am now thinking of buying a 3rd, but just waiting for the price to drop another 5-10%.

ive found it fine to game of just one of the 19'' and im sure a 17'' would be fine to run as well, though if its more for programing, authoring, or even just standard usage, i think 2x 17'' is the way to go.

though if ur pro gamer then 20" is probably the way to go.

Games aren't important TBH, i rarely play them and even when I do it tends to be for about 30mins max. I do multi-task a hell of a lot and use photoshop, hence the desire for a single, large screen.. But having a 2 screens is very very useful.

Even though my monitors are really badly mismatched (19" CRT + 15" widescreen LCD) I find 2 monitors much better than 1 big one for multitasking...

A large monitor's great for photoshop, but I like to be able to see as much as possible, so I might have IRC or a browser open on the other monitor, it just feels much nicer than Alt+Tabbing.

depends on what your doing ...

I have a CRT 17" and a 26" HDTV on my pc and i use the tv for games with my wireless/b and mouse to sit on my bed .. and its uber 1337 like

DSC00861.jpg

DSC00832.jpg