Tetra Endless Boot Sequence

The_Fox

Short but unfortunately not simple:

My Tetra endlessly repeats this sequence:

OFF > FLASHING BLUE > STEADY BLUE FOR BOUT 20 SECS > STEADY ORANGE WITH DIM LIT RED > OFF

I have not got SHH remote access enabled on it, my management AP or the open AP do not appear, I cannot connect to the portal via the 172.16.42.42:1471. The router successfully had internet sharing and had modules installed. This error seemed to have occurred when I changed the client mode setting to use a uni network which requires a key. A new key was needed and so I believe the router is using the WPA2 old key instead which is causing this. But this is only speculation. I have quickly pressed the reset button, pressed it for 7 seconds, and for 10 - but to no avail.

Please may assistance be given regarding this matter - I hope I don't have to try and ask for another one 😞

1 hour ago, WPA2 said:

Have you tried a firmware recovery? 

https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq#collapseSix

This has successfully resolved the issue. However another issue has arisen with internet sharing (should I create another discussion for this?) that my WiFi is being shared and passed to my tetra through my eth cable using eth1 mini usb on the back of the router itself. I updated my drivers and it fixed the problem, however now it seems to not work anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've a similar problem, but after I've put the recovery firmware on, I still have the Tetra rebooting (amber led then blinking blue led over and over again). I cannot get an ip from the tetra.

I can, however, enter in recovery mode on 192.168.1.1 (my fixed ip192.168.1.2) and go on the update page. Putting the recovery firmware again and all starts over again.

Any idea how to unbrick my tetra.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, PiAnAnXa said:

I didn't use a wall adapter, but used the Y-cable.

Are you 100% sure its getting enough power? Just to rule it out could you power from 12V wall adapter?

37 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Are you 100% sure its getting enough power? Just to rule it out could you power from 12V wall adapter?

Although the doc assures the Y-cable should produce enough power, it seems this time it wasn't. With a 12V wall adapter, the TETRA booted up.

Thanks

35 minutes ago, PiAnAnXa said:

Although the doc assures the Y-cable should produce enough power

To be clear the cable doesn't produce the power, the issue will be under spec USB ports unable to provide enough juice. Its rare but can happen under full load such as flashing/upgrading. You will probably be fine for most other light tasks.

Glad you got it sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

So if one uploaded an upgrade file rather than a bin factory firmware bin file would that brick the pineapple? Asking for a friend.

Can not change the IP to 192.168.1.2 after upgrade file loaded instead of factory firmware, Plugged in with the wall power.

You could theoretically brick it. But the Pineapples have that sweet factory-reset mode built into the bootloader.
So as long as the bootloader isn't touched, you should be safe. Most upgrade files doesn't modify the bootloader.

I too am having a issue with the Tetra being powered via USB Y Cable.  Either from my laptop or the portable charger that i ordered from Hak5, just keeps power cycling.  My other Tetra has no issues at all, can work fine powered via laptop & portable charger.

I do believe this to be a hardware issue and perhaps will need to be replaced.  Willing to mail back for replacement or any troubleshooting steps needed to do in order to get it up and running.

2 hours ago, th3l0b3_ said:

I too am having a issue with the Tetra being powered via USB Y Cable.  Either from my laptop or the portable charger that i ordered from Hak5, just keeps power cycling.  My other Tetra has no issues at all, can work fine powered via laptop & portable charger.

I do believe this to be a hardware issue and perhaps will need to be replaced.  Willing to mail back for replacement or any troubleshooting steps needed to do in order to get it up and running.

This is the exact same issue I am having. It has to be a hardware issue, but I've personally been having a hell of a time getting any help from Hak5 support team.

Archived