Building a computer

haxorflakes

Here are the specs, post anything that im missing or any suggestions to change anything

-Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

-Not sure what sound card (any ideas would be great)

-BFG Tech BFGR1000WPSU ATX 12V 2.2/EPS 12V 2.91 1000W Power Supply

-eVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

-2X 18X DVD Drive

-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 3.5" IDE Hard Drive - OEM

-2X 1 gb some brand of SDRAM DDR2 800

-ECS PN2-SLI2+ (V1.0) Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

-Intel core 2 extreme Quad core

thanks for all the help

Have you checked if the 8800GTX will fit in the Antec 900?

It is eleven inches long.

no i havent, im going to do that. Any other cases that are better than antec? Aso i have the 1000w power supply because u need that to have dual 8800GTX and im thinkin im going to buy one a once i get some extra cash

Have you checked if the 8800GTX will fit in the Antec 900?

no i havent, im going to do that. Any other cases that are better than antec? Aso i have the 1000w power supply because u need that to have dual 8800GTX and im thinkin im going to buy one a once i get some extra cash

Define better.

Better looks?

Better airflow?

Also, http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...cfm/607713.html

Issues with the 900 ^

Antec, has been my favourite company for cases for a while now.

I'm in love with the P180, and the 8800GTX does fit in their.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811129017

If your spending this much money, get someone else to assemble it and test it. No, its not quite as l33t, but since computers are like lego, I don't see how you can brag about putting one together. Plus, you get the added advantage of someone else having to worry about all the bits fitting together and any compatibility issues.

ok well it does seem like a lot but im on a price limit because my parents are getting this for me as a gift and i thought it would be cool to put it together, but vako, your saying not to. 1. How much would someone charge (estimate, ik it can be very varied, but just an estimate.) 2. I have installed ram, vid card, and pwoer supply, so i have a little experience, how hard is mother board andprocesser? 3. will all this work together or do parts conflict?

9 times out of 10 it will be fine, but every now and again you will run across stuff that just never seems to work together. Like the current problem with the latest nforce chips and some Intel processors. And its not that putting a computer together is hard, its pretty much like lego as I said. But in general, I would pay to have it put together by someone else if its new. That way, you can be sure it will work.

These people seem to be ikinda what your after: http://www.vadim.co.uk/

If your spending this much money, get someone else to assemble it and test it. No, its not quite as l33t, but since computers are like lego, I don't see how you can brag about putting one together. Plus, you get the added advantage of someone else having to worry about all the bits fitting together and any compatibility issues.

Also works into getting a assembly warrenty, not bad just incase u run outta screws and need to use ductape (*sigh* has been done b4). and yeah for the compatibility then will organise that, though i have had some do it for me with out getting them to put it together, just ordered all parts from them (for ppl in Aus Vic, Scorptech.com.au)

reminds me of something i have ;)

as for a sound card .. try the xfi gamer edition, but don't buy a good sound card and cheap speakers.

again don't buy an 8800 and play it on an anolouge VGA CTR monitor.

i recently did my first build (xmas day) and now have it hooked up to my 26" HDTV (via HDMI) and i havent had to move from bed for a whole 48hrs (apart from toilet and food)

How much would someone charge (estimate, ik it can be very varied, but just an estimate.)

It varies wildly. Given the size of your purchase I'd be surprised if you couldn't talk the shop you're getting all this from into assembling it for you for free. I can't imagine them charging over 50 bucks for it. It's called service. If they want more money, take your business elsewhere, as you won't be able to rely on them if something were to turn out wrong anyway.

I use large cases designed for servers, so I had no issue fitting two 8800 in my main desktop. If your one of those guys that are more worried about how the computer looks instead of how fast/well it runs, you’re going to have issues.