[RELEASE] WiFi Pineapple Firmware v2.3.x

Sebkinne

Hi everyone,

After releasing firmware version 2.3.0 at DEF CON, I hadn't gotten around to creating a forum thread of it yet. As usual, please leave all feedback in this thread.

- The Hak5 Development Team

Changelog 2.3.1:

• Recon
    • Fixed an issue where timed recon scans would fail the first time around.
    • Fixed an issue where the stop handshake capture button would persist after a capture had completed.

Changelog 2.3.2

• Recon
    • Fixed an issue where performing recon scans would lock up all further PineAP actions.

Changelog 2.3.0:

• Recon
    • Added the ability to capture WPA Handshakes by clicking on the arrow next to a WPA / WPA2 encrypted network.
    • Fixed an issue where multicast MAC addresses were shown as clients to wireless networks.
  • PineAP
    • Fixed an issue where PineAP would remain running when the wlan1mon interface had been removed, causing confusion.
  • Filters
    • Fixed an issue where some combinations of filters did not apply correctly.
  • Logging
    • Fixed an issue where non-completed associations were logged as completed.
  • General
    • Fixed an issue where notifications would show invalid timestamps in Firefox.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the timezone set during initial Setup from persisting across reboots.

Download:
Over the air via your WiFi Pineapple's webinterface, or at https://wifipineapple.com/downloads

Thanks for the update.

Everything that I've reported seems to have been fixed now. However, there might be an issue with PineAP not collecting any essid's into the pool but not 100% sure until I leave out somewhere near people as there's little to no wireless AP's near my home >.>

Hi, with version 2.3.0 I had an issue when connected my wifi card ALFA AWUS036NHA to access Internet. All the configuration done under "Access Points" was established to default, losing the configurations done for "Management SSID" "Management PSK" "Disable Management AP" and "Open SSID". It happened only the first time when connected the ALFA card, after reconfigure all the section, the configurations remains even using the ALFA card.

35 minutes ago, NazgulAngmar said:

Hi, in version 2.3.1, 3 unexpected restarts in a period of 3 hours. One of the restarts after the usb connection to my phone and enabling tethering. 

more likely a power issue, by the sounds of the symptoms anyway

• 2 weeks later...

I am unable to connect to the open SSID I create get a network disabled service rejection or something or other....Never happened until I updated. Also PineAp has to be restarted when wanting to reckon again.....

20 minutes ago, simoncfc said:

I am unable to connect to the open SSID I create get a network disabled service rejection or something or other....Never happened until I updated. Also PineAp has to be restarted when wanting to reckon again.....

Are your filters set correctly?

Archived