PINEAP Not Capturing SSIDS

mr_g_marsh

6 minutes ago, mr_g_marsh said:

Although it now seems to be working as expected. I didn't have logging turned on initially. Is it required in 2.2.0?

think it kicked in with 2.1.2 after the rewrite of PineAP.

i

4 hours ago, mr_g_marsh said:

Looks like it's OK now.

Thanks for the prompt reply and getting me up and running again.Don't remember spotting that in the release notes.

I doff my cap to you sir!

I also ran a Recon, not sure if that helped?

4 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

if it was something to do with wlan1mon then maybe but doubtful. either way glad its sorted.

If you setup the Enterprise SSID and made the cert, it will reset wlan1 and take it out of monitor mode.  Even thought it shows enabled on the PineAP module, it wot do anything until it is either re enabled or a reboot.  I dont know if this helps but it kinda stumped me for a little bit.  It even says after making the cert that it will reset the radios.

3 hours ago, b0N3z said:

If you setup the Enterprise SSID and made the cert, it will reset wlan1 and take it out of monitor mode.  Even thought it shows enabled on the PineAP module, it wot do anything until it is either re enabled or a reboot.  I dont know if this helps but it kinda stumped me for a little bit.  It even says after making the cert that it will reset the radios.

That's not meant to happen. Only wlan0, wlan0-1, and wlan0-2 should be restarted. I had tested this numerous times, but will make sure I re-test.

32 minutes ago, l33tllama said:

Also on 2.2 with Logging of PineAP Events, capture SSIDs to Pool, and have manually tried to add the SSID to the Pool.  No SSIDs being added to the Pool and no logging in PineAP Log. 

nvm.  Full factory reset, and it's working again.  

On 7/7/2018 at 12:16 AM, l33tllama said:

Also on 2.2 with Logging of PineAP Events, capture SSIDs to Pool, and have manually tried to add the SSID to the Pool.  No SSIDs being added to the Pool and no logging in PineAP Log. 

Same here, factory reset helped as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Upgraded the firmware on my nano the other day to 2.2.0 and now it wont capture SSIDs to the pool. I've tried factory reseting twice, and I can add SSIDs manually by scanning in recon and clicking add to pool. Any thoughts?

On 8/9/2018 at 12:37 AM, T3ch404 said:

Upgraded the firmware on my nano the other day to 2.2.0 and now it wont capture SSIDs to the pool. I've tried factory reseting twice, and I can add SSIDs manually by scanning in recon and clicking add to pool. Any thoughts?

I'm getting the same. Have also updated to 2.3.0 today and still getting this issue.

1 hour ago, BarMuda said:

I'm getting the same. Have also updated to 2.3.0 today and still getting this issue.

I talked to Seb at Defcon about it and he said they are aware of the issue and it would be addressed in a future update. I haven't tried 2.3.0 yet so I'll keep you posted if it has any effect.

6 minutes ago, T3ch404 said:

I talked to Seb at Defcon about it and he said they are aware of the issue and it would be addressed in a future update. I haven't tried 2.3.0 yet so I'll keep you posted if it has any effect.

Great news. Thanks for the update.

I am having the same issue.  I upgraded to 2.3 and was not able to capture SSIDs (with logging enabled, beacon, broadcast, associate enabled/on).  So I flashed back to 2.2, and had the same problems.  I reset the network settings in the network tab, then it found 1 SSID, my management SSID on the pineapple.  I have various test clients and APs in various stages of connection (some connected, some not, all with multiple associations to various SSIDs).  Any ideas on what to do next, or what may be happening?

This has been addressed on the official Nano firmware thread:

12 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Nothing big or bad, but there is a bug with Recon / PineAP which we are releasing a fix for tomorrow.

Until then, I want to prevent people updating to a bugged update, just to update again.

Just wait for another update to be released.

I upgraded yesterday to 2.3.1 and I was still not seeing SSIDs added to the pool (I’ll double check my filters today). When I ran a scan in recon it yielded no results. After checking to make sure I had an interface in monitor mode(which there was) I ran the site survey module scan and it showed results fine. I went back to recon and that started working, but still no SSIDs in the pool.

Archived