dv capture software

hakgipc

Ok. First of all stop asking questions that Google will tell you within 15 seconds at the longest.

Actually, that's the main thing.

Sure, ask questions, but check Google and other sources first, don't expect us to tell you everything.

Windows Movie Maker. Seriously, its free, does the job and is so simple that a stoned monkey could operate it without hassle. As for dumping the lot on a playable DVD, try Adobe Encore.

Never, never!!!!!!!!!! use Windows Movie Make. If you can't get a “copy†of Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer or Avid Xpress Pro, then download Avid Free DV.

Why not? It pulls the video off of a DV cam and dumps it to an uncompressed DV AVI on my HD. Beyond that it is utterly useless I admit, but for just pulling the footage off of a camera it works fine. Never had a problem with the captured footage when I import it into After Effects/Premier. Something I should know?

Why not? It pulls the video off of a DV cam and dumps it to an uncompressed DV AVI on my HD. Beyond that it is utterly useless I admit, but for just pulling the footage off of a camera it works fine. Something I should know?

I would say it doesn’t do a good job at it, way to slow and wastes system resources when doing it.

Fair enough, I've never had a problem with it, but I'll check out the alternatives. I still stand by what I say though, it does capture video with a minimum of fuss, resource issues aside. There will be better things out there of course.

ms movie maker works great i used it and i selected the option dv-avi for quality its the uncompressed one, now i want it on dvd from a uncompressed avi, the avi is outstanding quality but when ever i use winavi or dvdsanta i loose heaps of quality and the movement is lousy the sound is all high pitch and im just fusturated on how to keep the quality when encoding form avi to dvd so what program will keep the quality when encodingb to dvd

cheers