So, can you email me your new blender?

Garda

i was introduced to a new emerging technology by a friend of mine last night. It's called reprap. Which i personally think kinda sucks as a name, but whatever.

http://reprap.org/

it's kind of a 3D printer

also, what makes it really cool is that it's GPLed and apparently reasonably cheap to make. Oh, and it also makes itself.

the really cool idea that i had was that it uses a computer as input when manufacturing things, so you could imagine that it would be possible to email files of actual things to people that they just print of with their reprap

for all you warhammer guys, imagine being able to email your little figurines to your friends, and print of as many of those obnoxiously expensive little things as you want.

Think also, you could basically print off anything that can be represented 3 dimensionally in a computer, so suppose you want a model of Gorden Freeman on your desk, just print it off.

I guess you kinda get the idea.

Apparently you can build one already, it may be a little difficult, but i think the idea of the 1.0 release is to make it possible for somebody reasonable capable of making one for themselves

Doesn't that mean you could warez solid objects?

It'll truely become useful when you can print food... which... I guess is almost possible, you'd just need the food in the machine in the first place for it to assemble it.

Or you could just use an edible material or something to mimic food while having ink cartridges with flavoring and such. I guess you could use tofu and cut it to look like the food than add flavor but the texture would really switch things up

Doesn't that mean you could warez solid objects?

It'll truely become useful when you can print food... which... I guess is almost possible, you'd just need the food in the machine in the first place for it to assemble it.

Or you could just use an edible material or something to mimic food while having ink cartridges with flavoring and such. I guess you could use tofu and cut it to look like the food than add flavor but the texture would really switch things up

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know your local butchers name

no, because by the looks of it half of you wouldn't know how to cook a meal to save your life .. it's really surprising how many people eat box food.

like this year for xmas we bought a live turkey at an auction.

in that pic, its a rass about 5lb caught of the rocks at blackhead.

you can also find salmon a little bit more down coast, but i prefer to go up coast to Portrush (beside Bushmills [some may recnoise that name]) were there is very large polock

Portrush rocks(blue pool):

DSC00058.jpg

This is the point where I, being a moderator here, want to scream to you folks to stick to the topic.

Problem is, I don't see much of a topic, even in the first post... :?