WarBox

Cap_Sig

Just wanted to share a project I've been working on.  Currently calling it "WarBox" as the initial intent was for wardriving and mobility.  The unit at most only required one cable for power or can be used we certain battery packs.  Control connection is made wireless offering SSH and VNC.  Main reason for the build was to have a very clean device that had full linux capabilities for pentesting but in a compact package.  

It is a single enclosure containing:

• Raspberry Pi 3 - running Kali 2017.1
  • Two alfa network adapters 
  • GPS module
  • Custom power distribution board
  • Power supply
  • Filtered cooling fan

Input voltage is 8-26 volts allowing the use of many sources.  GPS module is configured to work with kismet for logging while on wardrives.  Also has external power switch that acts as a "Main" for the whole device.  Also added power LED for easy visual reference.  

I plan to soon make a solar battery pack that will mount to the WarBox.

I apologize for the poor quality picture and plan to post some more soon.  Please share your thoughts on the WarBox!

WarBox Post.jpg

• Like 3

Nice! Any pics of the insides, setup process and build documentation, full parts list, etc?

Edited by digip
  • Like 2

On 9/1/2017 at 4:37 PM, trapman16 said:

I plan to post more info if there is interest for it.  

Nondescript box, antenna's poking out, only info is war driving And pentesting..?

YES PLEASE!!

• Like 1

Here are a few more pics.  Currently working on a more compact enclosure, roughly a third smaller.  Some improvements with the smaller enclosure will be custom USB cables,  possibly removal of the cooling fan (testing if it is actually needed), and as mentioned before a built in battery pack.  The current setup was mainly done for testing but seems to be very functional.  The only piece not seen in the pictures is the GPS unit which is mounted to the lid of the enclosure.   

Any suggestions for improvements or general thoughts on the build would be appreciated!

Inside 1.jpg

Screenshot from 2017-09-03 03-02-13.png

powerboard.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BLAMM0 said:

Nice. Can you tell me what's the use case with dual wifi adapters? Better logging capabilities?

More adapters, more frequencies, or, more simultaneous channels, vs channel hopping, each can be on a dedicated channel or frequency, or in certain attacks, one acts as a fake AP while the other deauths clients to make them connect to you. Many scenarios where the more adapters, the better. Google the pineapple Wifi cactus form Blackhat/DefCon. A dedicated card for every channel and frequency, with automated logging and/or attacks if desired.

43 minutes ago, digip said:

More adapters, more frequencies, or, more simultaneous channels, vs channel hopping, each can be on a dedicated channel or frequency, or in certain attacks, one acts as a fake AP while the other deauths clients to make them connect to you. Many scenarios where the more adapters, the better. Google the pineapple Wifi cactus form Blackhat/DefCon. A dedicated card for every channel and frequency, with automated logging and/or attacks if desired.

@BLAMM0 His answer is pretty much spot on. @digip :cool:

Anybody remember the Janus box from the early 2000's?  Back when cracking WEP was new.

https://www.engadget.com/2006/08/31/janus-project-pc-can-scan-300-wifi-networks-at-once/

A few of us build our own versions.  <--  Trigger warning!  We weren't the most politically correct group of guys on the internet.  I miss those forums...

Crap, those posts are so old they pointed to my old .mac site!  Here's the box. 

Edited by barry99705
  • Like 1

It was fun.  It actually kind of neat to see how much you miss when channel hopping while wardriving.  It had 4 pci wireless cards in it when it was finally finished, so I had one radio each locked to channels 1, 6, and 11, and the fourth hopped between the others.

1 hour ago, barry99705 said:

It was fun.  It actually kind of neat to see how much you miss when channel hopping while wardriving.  It had 4 pci wireless cards in it when it was finally finished, so I had one radio each locked to channels 1, 6, and 11, and the fourth hopped between the others.

Could mod it to have 11 radios.  Would be kind of costly tho..  Might just have to do it for the fun of it! 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some version 2 photos.  Let me know what you think!

New features include:

• 30% reduction in overall size
  • new CNC router cut mount plate
  • External Ethernet port
  • new thinner fan grilles (CNC router cut)
  • removed almost 20ft of cabling with custom USB cables to all devices and shorting of power wires.

There is additional room in the enclosure for some soon to come updates.  Also going to cut the fan openings into the enclosure with CNC router for a sleeker look as well.  Going to use a slimmer Ethernet port (just used the one I had).

Still working out the battery pack but hope to finish up its design soon as well.

V3dsr1e.jpg

AH792tv.jpg

• Like 1