Feedback from using Nano

zoro25

Firstly amazing change from the MK5 all positive improvements. so much easier to use and loving the new interface, much easier to set up PineAP and get basic set up running. Congrats to the team.

Improvements (only 3 I can think of)

1) Possible faulty MicroUSB cable? (or just not supported) I plugged in the cable that came with the Nano and tether option was greyed out with the message that "No USB Connected", if my cable wasn't faulty and was not supported then the whole tethering issue could be a big pain for the team.

The thing that led me to believe that the cable might be at fault was that I was sure that I had USB tethered my device which is a OnePlusOne before.

So I switched to the cable that came with the phone (Red Flat USB Cable) and voila USB tethering just fine, so my device was not playing nice with the cable that came with the Nano, I write this as advice for people to try other cables, before giving up on tethering.

By the way I'm running CyanoGenMod 12.1

I have a couple of OnePlus Ones in the house so my next project will be to install NetHunter over the holidays.

2) Next the part about blue light being static after flashing, mine was static but would give a tiny flash every 10 seconds or so, so I waited about 15-20 minutes just to be sure. my point is that a future improvement would be different colored LED to signify different statuses, or fixing issue in software but actually having the page refresh as the text states (once a successful flash has been detected)

3) And lastly an improvement would be some way to notify the user that the radios have been disabled / enabled when pressing the reset button once. Sure the feedback from the reset button is quite good , however again different led color or flash pattern to let the user know. this way they could tell the device has registered there actions.

All small things , but thought they might come in handy for the team as user feedback or users going through set up for the first time.

I was thinking of buying a nano. but i do not know whats so special about it besides it size. Will it still do the same thing as the mark v? If it does what, does it do it better or faster? So what i am asking is does it still do what the mark V was made to do, or does it do something completely different.

The new one is equally capable but optimized to be a tad more efficient. It doesn't run as hot, isn't as bulky, can connect to your controlling system over USB rather than ethernet (so less cable clutter, and it can power itself over USB when you use it like that so another cable gone).

They've been putting work into the UI which I didn't get into yet so donno.

From a technical capability standpoint they're interchangeable. Sure, the nano uses different parts, but those parts do exactly what the original parts were meant to do. If you have the one I'd say you have little incentive to get the new one. If you don't you can't get the old one new and unless you get an exceptional deal you really should go for the new one because of the support - the nano will be where the bulk of the dev time will be poured into.

As far as I know it's coming. I think Hak5 needs to get some kind of approval. After that I think we should see some modules popping up. The developers are working pretty hard on this, so I guess we need to patient.

Remember, this is an evaluation period mainly focused on developers.

Cheers

Edited by cheeto

Point both antennas up and hide them under your shirt. Might not be too comfy, but it's possible.

Next problem is the yagi, but you know what they say everything can be when you're brave enough.

• Upvote 3