WiFi Pineapple NANO Mount dev

MrGadget

@Havenbreaker

@MrGadget I have 2 questions for you:

1. What is that beautiful brand of case you are using?

and

2. What display are you using for your RPi?

1. The case was a cheaper replica of a Pelican Case 1450. Same dimensions, but much cheaper.

2. It's a 9'' LCD-Touch display that runs on 5[V] so there is no mix of different voltage levels. I made a simple GUI for internet sharing, so that it can be done via simple presses on the touchscreen :)

Desktop overlay information is displayed using conky

Edited by MrGadget

@Darren: I used wp5.sh as reference and created a simple GUI to make internet sharing easier and faster. Currently its pretty hacky but it lists all available interfaces and allows manual change :smile:

Main View

Ji7GgJh.png

Interface selection (ethernet, wifi or in that case usb tethering)

GYQHJDO.png

After hitting "Save" a little confirmation pop-up:

Nrrauod.png

• Upvote 3

@Darren: I did not plan to release the source code as it's quick, dirty and uncommented. But if you'd like to check it out. no problem :-)

@Barry: I made an eror during export of the stl. It's ment to be printed on the straight edge (so 90° flip). Like that the mount will not snap as fast.

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at prettying it up. Seems like something a few people would enjoy -- myself included.

Seconded! Mind throwing it up on github?

telot

Edited by telot

@Darren: I did not plan to release the source code as it's quick, dirty and uncommented. But if you'd like to check it out. no problem :-)

@Barry: I made an eror during export of the stl. It's ment to be printed on the straight edge (so 90° flip). Like that the mount will not snap as fast.

Dude! Laying it down on it's side makes the print beautiful!!

20160108_192824.jpg

I hope not, but who knows, sometimes one just wants to have options ;)

here a first sketch with active cooling using a 15mm 5V micro fan:

4I1bq9F.png

NUCpukk.png

I've been noticing that my nano is running awfully hot lately. Has any progress been made on this? Having some kind of active cooling solution would be helpful.

Is it getting hotter than 110 C / 230 F? If so -- that's a problem. Otherwise, not so much.

Under normal circumstances indoors it's very unlikely that it would require active cooling. The thermal ratings on these chips are pretty high and the passive cooling of the NANO is designed within the chip tolerances.

Is it getting hotter than 110 C / 230 F? If so -- that's a problem. Otherwise, not so much.

Under normal circumstances indoors it's very unlikely that it would require active cooling. The thermal ratings on these chips are pretty high and the passive cooling of the NANO is designed within the chip tolerances.

I'll have to look at the exact temps when it's particularly hot, but leaving it running against the battery (or any flat surface, for that matter) seems to make things quite hot. Pressed against the battery, inside the tactical pouch, for hours at a time seems to exacerbate things.

Edited by White Light

I third this motion mainly wanting to see how everyone including myself makes their final beautification render

Seconded! Mind throwing it up on github?

telot

I wouldn't mind taking a crack at prettying it up. Seems like something a few people would enjoy -- myself included.

ok guy it's up, sorry for tha ugly code... Hope it helps ^^

https://github.com/MrG4dget/internetShareGui

• Upvote 1