WiFi Pineapple NANO Mount dev

MrGadget

Hi guys,

I ordered the NANO and while I'm waiting I figured, I'll design a nice wall-mount for it :D

I was wondering, if it might be possible, to get the detailed dimensions of the NANO or even better, the CAD drawings.

it would make it a lot easier to get it right with the correct dimensions :)

Cheers

MrGadget

As Mr-Protocol said, 122 x 47 x 14 mm

I wish I still had the STL file from the 3D model we printed while in development. PCBs always get done way before plastics get shot so it was nice to have something. It doesn't look like much but was nice to have something in early dev. Cutout at the top if for the serial. Shouldn't be hard to come up with something.
nDnwOv1.jpg

@Mr-Protocol: thx for the link!

@Darren: Would be great to have the CAD files for the final case (technical drawings would be good aswell) :-)

Looking to make a functional mount that could be printed fast while still providing air circulation to ensure proper function of the NANO.

If you don't have the files available, I just need to wait for the NANOs to arrive and the measure it by hand.

Cheers

MrGadget

Finished the first version of the NANO mount. Will adjust all the dimensions, once I get my hands on my NANOs (hopefully tomorrow :grin: ).

What do you guys think about it?

Using double-sided adhesive tape mounted anywhere you want. Thread the NANOs USB-Plug through the hole and press it down, so that the RP-SMA antenna

is latched in.

WbXb7LR.png

Cheers

MrGadget

Hi MrGadget,

The mount looks great! I assume that one antenna holder would do, depending on what you have planned for it.

In regards to the heat the WiFi Pineapple puts out, you may want to put a couple of bottom cutouts in there, but I don't see this being an issue at all, especially when mounted to walls and not kept in a pocket.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

@Seb: Thank you for your kind words! Indeed I planned to add some cutouts in the final version. I guess I will add a bunch of changes, once I have my NANOs. Working on a version with a 15mm fan for active cooling :grin:

Gruss :wink:

Gadget

Active cooling sounds fun but should hopefully really not be needed (or we'd have a problem) ;)

Gruß,

Sebkinne

Looking good!

I have a USB hub strapped to my pineapple case right now - wonder if there are any clever ways to integrate a hub clip of some sort into your design. I suppose I could just use 3m adhesive + velcro and attach it to the front of the pineapple...

Are you considering making an enclosure for on the go usage?

Ok, so I finished the first "minimal" design. It holds the Nano very well and is Printed out pretty fast ~45 minutes. Will keep working on a more "fancy" one as soon as I find the time.

Check out: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1244841

Here a few pics of the mount in action:

TyKwnoP.jpg

dEx3XcZ.jpg

@MrGadget I have 2 questions for you:

1. What is that beautiful brand of case you are using?

and

2. What display are you using for your RPi?