wii <-> ps3 comparison

DLSS

I have so many probelms with this that I don't know where to start.

First of all, you can't tell me that a PS3 game will look ugly compared to a Wii game. Second, WWII games are better than MarioCart type games. Third, are they saying the Wii is all style no substance. And the lsit goes on.

This is pure opinion.

For example, Nintendo has never let me down as a game developer. And, the main reasons I fell in love with Nintendo is based on Mario Kart and Super Smash Brothers. I have owned all the consoles at one time or another except the DS which Im thinking about getting before Christmas. Why? Wifi Doom and Mario Kart...

I love FPS games, however, you need a break to justify that love. Mario Kart was done very well and is really fun to play with a group of friends.

All in all, when it comes down to it, it's about how fun the game is to play, not the console it's being played on.

That and I dont favour this whole WWII trend. I like more of a scifi feel (Aka, Quake, HLDM, Doom, Duke-Nukem).

At the moment, in my opinion, I dont see a reason to get a PS3. And I felt this way about the 360 until Gears of War came out.

my thoughts:

when a game console is at $300 that is expected

when a game console is at $400 it just may be worth it.

when a game console is at $500 I start re thinking if its worth it or not.

when a game console is at $600 its not worth it.

my thoughts:

when a game console is at $300 that is expected

when a game console is at $400 it just may be worth it.

when a game console is at $500 I start re thinking if its worth it or not.

when a game console is at $600 its not worth it.

well technically the parts are worth it ....

but its just to much for a console , if it was parts for my pc thats another story ...

but in general a console is for playing now and then no matter wot extra features come with it its the main purpose and wot ure mainly gonna use it for and a console shouldn't cost that much ...

a pc on the other hand would be used for example for video editing thus justifying the dualcore/quadcore and nice gfx , even if u could ure not going to do video editing on a ps3 are you ? ...

besides why do games have to look uber realistic or uber good ?

its the gameplay that counts ...

i have a powerfull gaming rig can easily run source with practically everything turned on @ 114fps on a 64 ppl server ...

yet at the moment i dont even have css installed

i prefer cs 1.6 it isnt as realistc/good looking as css but the gameplay etc is far superiour .... its the gamplay that counts .... realism is just to boos sales ...

Im pretty sure the cost was set at this price considering it's one of the first generation of HD DVD players.

So, maybe in the long run the PS3 will be worth it. Especially when they start making games that have huge HD quality textures and content that will take up 50gigs.

Now lets all just hope that Bluray doesnt die like Betamax did back in the day vs VHS.

Yeah, however, do you even have the content to even use that HD hardware.

It's just like when Comcast came out with HD channels, 8 of them in all and charged an extra $30 a month for these 8 channels which were nothing but local channels, espn and a HD demo channel that played random shows.

People rushed out to get HD converters and HD TV's to watch what they have been watching perfectly fine in digital for years. But they had to be the first person on the block that could watch the football game in HD.

Dont get me wrong, you can tell the difference between the two, however, I personally can not justify the price.

So, that being said. The PS3 will be worth it in the long run. Do you really want to pay $600+ now or wait until Metal Gear Solid comes out next year and the PS3 could drop $50-$100. Even with out a price drop, there should be plenty of content by then to justify a Bluray player.