• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I sincerely hope the people enjoy and use Hak.5 Radio as just one more of the community outlets that Hak.5 has... I guess "grown" would be the appropriate word. Have fun you guys, and police your own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, this thread is still alive. To keep you guys updated, the wiki (http://wiki.hak5.org/wiki/Hak.5_Radio) has updated information on Hak.5 Radio, including how to DJ, what to do when something goes wrong, etc.. (it has an extensive FAQ). Also soon hak5radio.com will have a makeover that'll integrate a web based request system with a completely new site. Hopefully you guys will like it.

If you want to chat or have any questions not posted on the wiki, please join irc.hak5irc.org #Hak5Radio

Once again, thank mubix for setting up the radio, and relaunching it! It's been very successful since the last relaunch!

I've been on the TomB show a couple of times and it isn't as bad talking to the world as I thought it would be so I recommend anyone who thinks that they may want a go at DJ'ing give it a try. Even if you do one show and bomb, you've done better than the people who just sit there and whinge that the DJs are rubbish!

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone, my names Riizu, and I have been DJ'ing on the server for the past couple days.  I am posting this because I wanted to see whether or not anyone might be interested in doing a prerecorded show using skype.  I plan on DJ'ing at least 5 nights a week in between 7:00pm-9:00pm PST.  So about 2 hours at the most.  At the moment, all I am playing is music that I have collected or that people have sent me.  If anyone would be interested in doing something like this please PM me as it would be the easiest way for me to get in touch with you.  If anyone would like to ask me to do something else not in the lines of playing a particular song, or doing a particular segment for a radio show if I start doing one, feel free to ask.  I want to do something for this community that will be productive and not just be something to listen to just because its there.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

well im going to start streaming. no set times. no set genre. just random lol. w/e i am just listening to music or something ill stream to the radio. genres are pretty much everything. if you guys have any requests for bands or songs just post'em here with a link to a good quality youtube video so i can listen to the song.

pce

-rogue

the whats the legality with streaming? i thought permission was necessary

as far as i know permission isn't needed. ive heard all kinds of stuff being streamed over the hak5radio. so i assume no permission is needed. if permission is needed then i wont be streaming lol. over 100 tracks in my current playlist for the stream with probably over 40 bands and i doubt i can get all their permission.

now if your refering to permission to stream to the radio(as in streaming anything. just permission to stream) then you dont need it. check the wiki to get setup and anytime the airwaves are clear load up and stream your stuff.

im using the winamp plugin for it. its great because i can mute winamp and it will still stream so i can listen to videos if i need to for programming methodology.

Hmm, mubix, if your still up for it, i can do a two hr prerecorded one, zip it and email, or should i send it to you RH?

I have EVERYTHING, but i dont update that often, by my bro just gave me his old laptop with 23GB+ of music and some vids. aight?

EDIT: so far im diging into the night THANKS

I intend to do shows involving Skype call-ins, I have no set time as yet but if it goes well I'll turn it into a regular show. I'll probably do one in about an hour/hour and a half if no-one else is on. I did a show last night too but it ended up being pretty much just music and a sound check because of the time at which I broadcast.

As for legality, AFAIK mubix has a licence for Hak5Radio to play copyrighted music and permission to actually take the stream is not required, providing no-one else is on the stream it's fair game.

I intend to do shows involving Skype call-ins, I have no set time as yet but if it goes well I'll turn it into a regular show. I'll probably do one in about an hour/hour and a half if no-one else is on. I did a show last night too but it ended up being pretty much just music and a sound check because of the time at which I broadcast.

As for legality, AFAIK mubix has a licence for Hak5Radio to play copyrighted music and permission to actually take the stream is not required, providing no-one else is on the stream it's fair game.

i just want to state that if im streaming and someone wants to take over the stream (including you moonlit) just let me know on irc or something. im basically streaming to get rid of all the dead airtime the radio sees. im just trying to maintain. though restarting my client every 4 hours is irritating lol

ill always be on irc when im streaming so just contact me there if you want to stream.

I'm up for a Skype callin and/or prerecorded show.

I'm a student so got loads of time on my hands