Pineapple Mark V Gallery Show Off: Dec 13 2013 - Updated main post!

mrgray

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok later today i will be updating the main post, sorry i haven't updated it sooner I've been super busy!
But great work you guys!! I love these! I'll be going through the posts and replying in more detail later.

HAK5 should add a pineapple gallery, users can upload there own and have a voting/rating system that would be sweet! Also maybe add a small slideshow at the main menu.
It shouldn't be to hard at all to add this and would help inspire people and boost the sells up some more than it already is.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was beginning to think @mrgray took a vacation. I wanted to do some outdoor range testing with the Raspple Pi this weekend, but they are calling for MORE snow. Guess that really doesn't matter.....

I was beginning to think @mrgray took a vacation. I wanted to do some outdoor range testing with the Raspple Pi this weekend, but they are calling for MORE snow. Guess that really doesn't matter.....

A small work vacation of nothing but work.. Haha i'm updating the main post right now it might take a while i'm trying something new that should help.

Yeah i know what you mean i just built another case that looks a lot better than my old one with a Raspberry Pi also.

Updated!!! :D

Its kinda mean how you didnt put everyones in the picture lol

Haha I am still working on it i just needed to get the new people on there i'm actually at work so i'm doing this during my breaks. And the picture is actually more than one they are so far 3 on the main post to speed up loading time.

So if any of you guys want yours to be in a image please contact me and i will do it asap.

Sorry about my horrible editing on the main post!

Edited by mrgray

SirHaXalot, Boosted240, very cool, great work!!!

Thanks, for the pics.

SirHaXalot, how is the performance of that cubietruck? Would you recommend it?

Boosted240, thanks for testing that battery and letting us know how well it works.

The main post looks really good so far, turned out nice.

I'll add more battery info once I do some additional testing. I'd like to get an amp load reading for everything at once, then see how far the battery will go.

I'd also like to hear more about the cubietruck. I've looked at it before, but decided to use a Pi for this because I know it well, and voltage/power requirements.

Edited by Boosted240

well....

I bought the cubietruck because of the specs compared to the Pi, so that aint a drawback, but the support for it is not yet as good as Pi, nor will it be for a while. The community around the Pi is alot bigger and distro support much greater.

but in hardware specs the cubie is in my opinion much better, so for the near future i hope they will create a compatible cubietruck version of kali.

I have not run labtest of the cubietruck, but i can do that if someone is interested how much power you need in different scenarios for battery calculations.

I bought the bundle version with the plexicase and 2,5 and 3,5 hdd accessories. it came with a extra powerboard for 12v input and another 2x5v usb.

cubie runs on 5v 2-3amps depending on configuration, internal and external loads (Wifi/BT,HDD etc)

i have started it with only 500mA on 5v, 2,5w. it clocks the cpu down to minimum to operate, higher current, more speed.

for now i am running lubuntu on nand, but when i get xserver to work on the sd img i will run a 32gb class10 kingston card instead.

and hopefully kali will be released for cubietruck.

Also, here is my simple labtest for the Mark V

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31127-battery-math/?p=234743

Edited by SirHaXalot

well....

I bought the cubietruck because of the specs compared to the Pi, so that aint a drawback, but the support for it is not yet as good as Pi, nor will it be for a while. The community around the Pi is alot bigger and distro support much greater.

but in hardware specs the cubie is in my opinion much better, so for the near future i hope they will create a compatible cubietruck version of kali.

I have not run labtest of the cubietruck, but i can do that if someone is interested how much power you need in different scenarios for battery calculations.

I bought the bundle version with the plexicase and 2,5 and 3,5 hdd accessories. it came with a extra powerboard for 12v input and another 2x5v usb.

cubie runs on 5v 2-3amps depending on configuration, internal and external loads (Wifi/BT,HDD etc)

i have started it with only 500mA on 5v, 2,5w. it clocks the cpu down to minimum to operate, higher current, more speed.

for now i am running lubuntu on nand, but when i get xserver to work on the sd img i will run a 32gb class10 kingston card instead.

and hopefully kali will be released for cubietruck.

Also, here is my simple labtest for the Mark V

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31127-battery-math/?p=234743

Ok, that's what has held me back, no Kali yet. I am probably the most noobish user out there when it comes to Linux.

At my knowledge level (practically none) I guess I will either wait or go for something that does work with Kali.

I have also looked into the odroids, U2 and x2 and the cubox, I think they have Kali for those.

The cubietruck looks good because of the sata, I think Kali has a developers version...... Have you thought about making a cubietruck version?

I like the way mr.gray is using a netbook, I have a couple I could use for now. I could probably get 12 hours or so with the battery Boosted240 used.

I may say it too much, but I really do appreciate everyone posting in this thread.

Thanks, You guys Rock!!

Did some reading, the dual core cubi without wifi would be my choice. The battery can do 2 amps @5v, it would just be a matter of sucking down more juice than the Pi while running.

Going to keep my eye on the Cubi, would make a great replacement for the Pi in the HTPC role.

They built a Kali image for this thing... I just need to find power requirements/consumption somewhere. (at work on my phone right now)

http://utilite-computer.com/web/home

Heck if that Pro model works well enough, I would get rid of my old core i5 Dell I use for Kali/Mint.

They built a Kali image for this thing... I just need to find power requirements/consumption somewhere. (at work on my phone right now)

http://utilite-computer.com/web/home

Heck if that Pro model works well enough, I would get rid of my old core i5 Dell I use for Kali/Mint.

Hey Boosted240,

Power Supply Unregulated 10 to 16 volt input

Power 3W – 8W (depending on system configuration and load)

Operating Temperature 0C – 45C

I got that from the website.

That thing looks very promising.

Hey Boosted240,

Power Supply Unregulated 10 to 16 volt input

Power 3W – 8W (depending on system configuration and load)

Thank you. :) So @12v and 8W, that's a 700mA draw.

The battery can do one output @5v 2 amps (the USB) and one DC at 12v-16v-19v, 3 amps I'm using the 12v DC for the Pineapple.... and the 5v USB for the Pi. I could use the 16V setting for that thing, and it would be 500mA.

But running the Pineapple from the 5V USB output might be unstable with 3 radios, and drain more power. Using the 9v plug I was measuring roughly 500mA spikes on the pineapple. (4.5w) So at 5v that would be a 900mA drain.

These are all super rough estimates.. I'm basically just typing out thoughts here.

Wow these are all really cool. Hopefully once I get some more cash I can get some gear together and maybe make something cool like the ones in this gallery. I've been fairly stripped of cash ever since I got my 3d printer, but this seems like a promising project. I'm thinking slimmed down version of SirHaXalot's build. I'll post some pictures if I start building.

Okay I added some very subtle security features to the outside of the case. I put two more photos in the original gallery.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jr62ncj4u54sr06/OkxePk7qpU

AWESOME work everyone!

You have got me inspired to get creative with my pineapple. Santa Clause has actually asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year and I thought Id asked for a external battery pack for my Kali raspberry pi and a ALFA unit. What would you recommend for both? So many options.......

I had these in mind:

http://www.amazon.com/Alfa-AWUS036NHR-High-Gain-Wireless-N-Strongest/dp/B005ETA5K2/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1387309159&sr=1-1&keywords=alfa

http://www.amazon.com/Astro3-12000mAh-Worlds-Fastest-Triple-Port-Highest-Energy-efficiency/dp/B00CEZBKTO/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1387300264&sr=1-3&keywords=external+battery+anker

Thanks!

Edited by TYTechnolust

Cubietruck with 7" HD lcd @ 1280x720 running without wifi

12V 469mA

Was that 470mA with the LCD or just by itself? I need to get a PSU like that, needed one for awhile now.

@TYTechnolust

What do you plan on powering with that battery? Might wanna look into something larger if you are doing a Pinapple AND Pi.

Give this site a quick read before buying any radios, info is kinda older but seems to hold up.

http://backtrack.pl/wiki/doku.php?id=en:cards

Edited by Boosted240