Wifi Pineapple coupled with Raspberry Kali

UltimatePeter

Well... I probably wouldn't be able to list all of the things you might do with a Kali machine tethered right to the Mark V.

But for starters, I thought I might use SET to clone some sites and make the pineapple's dnsspoof redirect to the ip of the Raspberry Pi for them.

• Of course, I would only do this in a controlled setting using my own computers... not directed at the unsuspecting public.

BTW- those are the 9.5 dbi antennas I got with some of my Alfa USBs. They are about $6 or 7.

Update [11:41pm CST]

• dd is writing Kali to the SD card... Taking a while, but I have my fingers crossed.
  • At first it was telling me that the SD card was read-only. I had to chown the /dev/sdb so it would allow me.
Edited by UltimatePeter

My Alfa antennas fit my MarkV, but they aren't picking up much. I assume it has something to do with the power the antennas are trying to consume?

your antennas are sma not rp-sma right? the antenna should be male

Well... I probably wouldn't be able to list all of the things you might do with a Kali machine tethered right to the Mark V.

But for starters, I thought I might use SET to clone some sites and make the pineapple's dnsspoof redirect to the ip of the Raspberry Pi for them.

ya i use my pineapple tethered to my laptop running kali often I was just hoping you had an amazing cool project with your pi and pineapple as right now my pi is collecting dust although it does have kali on the card at the moment.

also couldn't you host a cloned page on the pineapple?

jjd is right, the antennas are not the correct connection. the antennas are most likely rp-sma and the MKV is sma. they will screw on but there is no actual connection. this was discussed in this thread.

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/30686-mark-v-has-sma-connector-antenna/?p=231130

and this one

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/30802-7dbi-panel-antenna/?p=231961

I would put the original antenna back on till you get an adapter, you can damage the radios by essentially running them with no antenna attached. by the way I can't wait to see where you take this project, I am very interested.

So, I am pretty new to the pineapple, so excuse my greenness... I saw a place where you could put some html for a cloned page on dnsspoof... But I find the functionality of SET way more:

• Easy
  • Versatile with multiple vector choices
  • It serves it right over to metasploit for a dynamic range of choices after you land the target
Update [12:40am CST]

Kali is rolling! That was sweet! Have it going on my large screen on the Raspberry Pi and it has grabbed the eth0 ip from the Pineapple.

Now maybe time for bed (work in the morning). More ideas and fun tomorrow I guess.

Otherwise: I have a battery on the way for the Raspberry Pi (10,000 mAh!) and I just got my Pineapple juice pack today.

So, I'm most interested in how I might figure on connecting to it remotely through the Pineapple from the net and control the whole show remotely.

Also thinking of what possibilities would be unlocked with another Alpha or two in the R-Pi USB ports.

PS - I just looked at what I have for antennas. I guess one is good and one is bad:

One is this SMA Alfa, the other is rp, so I will be ordering replacement.

post-45375-0-88940100-1383635269_thumb.p

Edited by UltimatePeter

UltimatePeter

Watch Hak5.org episode 1112,1113 to learn about reverse SSH connections and relay servers, for remote access stuff. This should get you started on the remote access stuff. It was an awesome starting point for me. In the end it helped me with setting up my Synology NAS as a relay server for my pineapple/raspberry and kali laptop and it works great. You can do some VNC stuff with the raspberry also.

I had my Raspberry Kali pi hooked up to my MKIV and now my MKV. Does everything I want it to. I used the internet sharing script for the MKIV/V on the rasp kali and double NAT the internet connection through a wifi dongle on the Rasp to my iPhone hotspot. Great for dropping somewhere then using the rasp as a metasploit pivot, using BeEF, redirecting dns etc.. Pretty much everything you can do with a Kali box.

Not only does it add to the Pineapples functionality but it also seems to route internet much faster than using the extra radio on the pineapple to client to my iPhone. Even when running SSLStrip there is no to very little lag for the client.

I also run autossh reverse shells from both to my VPS <evilgrin>. Also redirect the pineapple's web interface as well to my VPS. Good times. :ph34r:

I had my Raspberry Kali pi hooked up to my MKIV and now my MKV. Does everything I want it to. I used the internet sharing script for the MKIV/V on the rasp kali and double NAT the internet connection through a wifi dongle on the Rasp to my iPhone hotspot. Great for dropping somewhere then using the rasp as a metasploit pivot, using BeEF, redirecting dns etc.. Pretty much everything you can do with a Kali box.

Not only does it add to the Pineapples functionality but it also seems to route internet much faster than using the extra radio on the pineapple to client to my iPhone. Even when running SSLStrip there is no to very little lag for the client.

I also run autossh reverse shells from both to my VPS <evilgrin>. Also redirect the pineapple's web interface as well to my VPS. Good times. :ph34r:

I canned swapping my Kali VM for a rasberry pi due to seeing posts about performance issues. Sounds like you are getting your raspberry to do a lot! beef, SET, metasploit, spoofed page web services.. how do you find the performance? what connection method are you using, CLI or VNC?

Also, how do you rate limit the connections using your iPhone hotspot? nodogsplash with injected beef hook? would hate for a client to start a massive download like an ios update for example.

Some links to buying the equip mentioned in this post would be excellent i.e.. the battery that can run both raspberry and pineapple, rasberrypi itself and clear pi cover.

Thanks in advance,

Isolot.

I canned swapping my Kali VM for a rasberry pi due to seeing posts about performance issues. Sounds like you are getting your raspberry to do a lot! beef, SET, metasploit, spoofed page web services.. how do you find the performance? what connection method are you using, CLI or VNC?

Also, how do you rate limit the connections using your iPhone hotspot? nodogsplash with injected beef hook? would hate for a client to start a massive download like an ios update for example.

Some links to buying the equip mentioned in this post would be excellent i.e.. the battery that can run both raspberry and pineapple, rasberrypi itself and clear pi cover.

Thanks in advance,

Isolot.

CLI (SSH) or reverse VPN (depending on the attack vector situation). As for rate limitting, I don't. I have a decent data plan but I don't always use my iPhone hotspot. I will usually connect it to another wifi signal either open or one I hacked. I use an Anker battery. I don't have it with me right now but I will try to find the link. I got it on Amazon. It outputs 9v and 12v and has two USB charging ports for 1A and 2.1A. Runs both for about 6 - 12 hours depending on whether or not I have an extra alfa hooked up to the pineapple for de-authentication. I use a bag similar to the tactical bag in most cases. Fits everything nicely. I ordered the tactical bag for the MKV and should be receiving it tomorrow. I will be posting a detailed howto on my blog with a link here. Probably more than one howto. Likely videos.

Thanks for the links guys.So once you have the swap on the class 10 sd, would you say VNC is usable whilst running multiple tasks? thinking about using vnc for gui tasks like w3af...etc.

I must admit, i did expect hak5 to move the project over to a web front end for kali on low cost hardware such as the pi. Open-wrt was great but wasn't that decision made in a time when there was no Arm pentest distro's and hardware costs were much higher? the kali linux powered pineapple would cost more yes, but you might make that back in stability + dev time mucking around with open wrt installs. It can be done much cheaper than the pwnie plug 2 price. By staying with opwn wrt, it has left the market wide open for a low cost kali linux based evil AP.

Thanks for the links guys.So once you have the swap on the class 10 sd, would you say VNC is usable whilst running multiple tasks? thinking about using vnc for gui tasks like w3af...etc.

I must admit, i did expect hak5 to move the project over to a web front end for kali on low cost hardware such as the pi. Open-wrt was great but wasn't that decision made in a time when there was no Arm pentest distro's and hardware costs were much higher? the kali linux powered pineapple would cost more yes, but you might make that back in stability + dev time mucking around with open wrt installs. It can be done much cheaper than the pwnie plug 2 price. By staying with opwn wrt, it has left the market wide open for a low cost kali linux based evil AP.

But.. why would anyone want Kali or any pentest distro on a dropbox?

Kali is supposed to be ran from your laptop/desktop. what benefit would it have?

I use an Anker battery. I don't have it with me right now but I will try to find the link. I got it on Amazon. It outputs 9v and 12v and has two USB charging ports for 1A and 2.1A. Runs both for about 6 - 12 hours depending on whether or not I have an extra alfa hooked up to the pineapple for de-authentication.

Yeah, I would like to second the Anker battery. I still ordered the kit from hak5 since it's been custom tested for the pineapple by the crew (and because of how excited Darren was about it during the launch vid, heh), but for the Pi and a few robotics projects I work on, I'm using this:

http://amzn.com/B005NGKR54

It's 10,000 mAh, very nice quality, beautiful polished look, LED remaining charge indictors, variable USB, 9V, 12V outputs, and enough adapters to connect it to anything on earth. If you don't need the extra options or for it to look sexier than your phone, I'm sure you can find a similar one from Anker a bit cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

But.. why would anyone want Kali or any pentest distro on a dropbox?

Kali is supposed to be ran from your laptop/desktop. what benefit would it have?

Why would anyone want Kali on a drop box? Because with open-wrt you are in dependency hell! Surely i am not the only one who has experienced this?

Have you tried to do much custom outside of the infusions? its like smacking your head against a wall. WOOOOOW HOLD up dude you cant do that with this kernel!!! the infusion releases are slow because of the dev time involved in getting them to work with the pineapples hardware and open-wrt (really appreciate the people who put time into this work). Each of those infusions would have been available day 1 if the dropbox was based on Kali or similar stripped down Arm distro. The release rate of available infusions would see astronomical growth.

Sure, if you look at it from the point of view that its a dumb connect one network to another device then yes Kali is overkill, but are we seeing the device used for more than that? I remember back when it took months to iron out sslstrip issues on open-wrt...if the pineapple moved to kali then there isn't any mucking around, we see a new tool released then bam is available to enhance the functionality of our pivot box. we had to wait years for dependencies required to get nodogsplash running. openvpn? etc.

So why would anyone not want to run kali on their Pivot box? Probably because open-wrt was the best choice before ARM compatible distro's and cheap hardware were available.... I could be totally off the mark here, i am interested in why you think open-wrt is the superior choice for a pivot box?