hak5 shop issues?

saeed662

Hello,

Has anybody experienced issues with the hak5 shop lately ?

I tried using two different credit cards to make a purchase but it gives me "Error from gateway, Your card was decline"

The funny thing is it doesn't even show up with the bank that the payment attempt was ever made. I tried contacting support but they couldnt help me much. It seems like its an issue with the hak5 payment gateway. :(

Forums probably not the best way to get support for the shop. I would try either http://www.shopify.com/ , http://support.shopify.com/ or direct email to darren or snubs @hak5.org

Edited by digip

@digip thanks for your reply,

I had Emailed hak5shop@gmail.com and got a reply back from Shannon saying "Please try another method of payment." so i tried another Card but its now giving me a gateway error message.

Then called shopify.com and they only offer support to merchants that use their domain/service and said it was possible there something wrong with the shop i am making the purchase from.

So I figured I would post on here and see if other shoppers are experiencing the same issue. I will try to send em a direct email

Thank you again

@digip thanks for your reply,

I had Emailed hak5shop@gmail.com and got a reply back from Shannon saying "Please try another method of payment." so i tried another Card but its now giving me a gateway error message.

Then called shopify.com and they only offer support to merchants that use their domain/service and said it was possible there something wrong with the shop i am making the purchase from.

So I figured I would post on here and see if other shoppers are experiencing the same issue. I will try to send em a direct email

Thank you again

No problem, just thought maybe if it was on their end, they would like to know, but seems you already notified them. Not sure what else to try other than maybe checking to make sure you aren't blocking anything, like cookies, referrer, or javascript, things like that.

No problem, just thought maybe if it was on their end, they would like to know, but seems you already notified them. Not sure what else to try other than maybe checking to make sure you aren't blocking anything, like cookies, referrer, or javascript, things like that.

its just strange i am able to use the card with any site and never faced this. i guess what we want most in life we never get .

Shannons goin to try and look into it. if it really is my card then i guess i will have to buy it from ebay or some where else which i really dont want to do.

Thanks for everything again! i will update when i finally get this resolved :)

Weighing in. I used a CC to make a purchase from hakshop 2-3 days ago and it worked fine, product's shipped, all went well.

You may try clearing ALL your cache in your web browser...cookies, temp, etc...and then try again...or for that matter, maybe just try a different browser to see if that may be the issue. I've seen stranger things happen.

On another note, bummed that there's no more PayPal option. Don't want to hijack the thread though. :)

good luck saeed!

Weighing in. I used a CC to make a purchase from hakshop 2-3 days ago and it worked fine, product's shipped, all went well.

You may try clearing ALL your cache in your web browser...cookies, temp, etc...and then try again...or for that matter, maybe just try a different browser to see if that may be the issue. I've seen stranger things happen.

On another note, bummed that there's no more PayPal option. Don't want to hijack the thread though. :)

good luck saeed!

Hey I finally was able to purchase my pineapple using an American VISA card. i think the issue is with international visa cards cause i tired using one from Dubai but it wouldnt work then tried a virtual visa i bought from entropay which i believe they are European and it wouldnt work either.

I do wish hak5 used paypal or other payment gateways for international purchases.

and in regards to shipment

UPS is awesome they deliver fast! paying 100 $ to have it shipped with in a few days is worth it.

Thank you all for your support!

@Darren Kitchen & @Shannon Morse Thank you also for your great site and services :D

Glad you were able to purchase through the shop!

This was the only issue I've heard of recently with cards not working on the site, so I'm happy to hear that you were able to find the fix.

We also recently added some much needed fraud detection, so any weird problems that I see happening on the purchasing end like several attemps to make a purchase will result in cancellation of an order.

Unfortunately Paypal doesn't like us and won't allow us to use their service on the site- so our only option is credit cards. We do have a paypal account, but use if sparingly because Paypal is useless in chargebacks and fraud detection.

We're currently working with UPS to lower pricing as well, but won't have a confirmation on whether we can do that or not for a long while. I keep arguing to lower rates though!

Thanks for the heads up!

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the same problem for the past 2 days thought it was just something wrong with the shop. Then I got tiered of it fired up a Windows Virtual Machine and ordered it on there and it worked fine. I guess the hakshop just doesnt like Linux or maybe its just the linux version of chrome it doesnt like. Either way use windows and it works :/