Pineapple Juice Issue

Rapt0r9

Hi all,

I recently got a pineapple juice battery pack from the hakshop. The model number on the back is i13200. It seems that the pineapple juice battery pack automatically shuts off if there isn't a large enough load placed on it. If I just plug in the wifi pineapple and turn the battery on, the pineapple starts to boot, but the battery turns off after about 20 seconds or so. If, however, I plug something else into the pineapple juice battery along with the wifi pineapple, then the pineapple juice battery will stay on and continue to power the wifi pineapple.

Is this normal behavior? I imagine that it is the design of the pineapple juice battery so it doesn't continue to try to charge a cellphone or tablet once the device is already charged. Has anyone else run into this issue with the pineapple juice battery?

Does it read i13200 or i3200?

I think I have seen that issue before but I can not replicate it with what I have. I have two i3200 pineapple juice packs, two mkIVs and one mkIII and can not get the pack to turn off during the boot phase.

If the juice pack is fully charged and it still does it I would say to have a defective unit.

One more stupid question, how are you connecting the pineapple juice pack to the pineapple?

Are you using this cable?

usb-power-cable1_1024x1024.png?0

Edited by lostngone

Does it read i13200 or i3200?

I think I have seen that issue before but I can not replicate it with what I have. I have two i3200 pineapple juice packs, two mkIVs and one mkIII and can not get the pack to turn off during the boot phase.

If the juice pack is fully charged and it still does it I would say to have a defective unit.

One more stupid question, how are you connecting the pineapple juice pack to the pineapple?

Are you using this cable?

usb-power-cable1_1024x1024.png?0

It reads i13200. I am using that cable. I'd like to try to do some load tests on the pack to see if there is a minimum load it needs to stay on. I can charge my phone and tablet off of it easily, but they have a larger draw than the pineapple.

I've tried charging and discharging the battery, but I get the same results when the pineapple is plugged into it, shuts off after about 20 seconds.

It reads i13200. I am using that cable. I'd like to try to do some load tests on the pack to see if there is a minimum load it needs to stay on. I can charge my phone and tablet off of it easily, but they have a larger draw than the pineapple.

I've tried charging and discharging the battery, but I get the same results when the pineapple is plugged into it, shuts off after about 20 seconds.

Sorry, I do not have the same pack as you so maybe that is normal for that model. I would contact the hak shop.

Edited by lostngone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a problem with my pineapple juice battery pack model i3200. It charges ok and manages to power objects like my phone etc and even the pineapple itself, however it wont power the usb that is in the pineapple so i can use the modules installed on it.

On the pineapple the usb light is lit and the usb (a 4GB Sandisk - just like they sell in the hakshop) and the little orange light on the usb to show its loading can be seen so iknow its powered but when i get to the pineapple GUI i cannot access and modules on battery power

Any suggestions?

Edited by SystemCrash86

I have a problem with my pineapple juice battery pack model i3200. It charges ok and manages to power objects like my phone etc and even the pineapple itself, however it wont power the usb that is in the pineapple so i can use the modules installed on it.

On the pineapple the usb light is lit and the usb (a 4GB Sandisk - just like they sell in the hakshop) and the little orange light on the usb to show its loading can be seen so iknow its powered but when i get to the pineapple GUI i cannot access and modules on battery power

Any suggestions?

Known issue (at least it's been reported numerous times in the forums). Certain flash drives work better than others, but if you want it to work properly off battery power you'll need a beefier powerpack. Most people recommend the anker.

Known issue (at least it's been reported numerous times in the forums). Certain flash drives work better than others, but if you want it to work properly off battery power you'll need a beefier powerpack. Most people recommend the anker.

Yeah i have seen this problem multiple times in here, whats the ankler? I've never come accross that yet

When I was looking for a good battery pack I wasn't sure between the 3 amp and the one with the 9v/12v switch. I decided on the one with the switch for two reasons.

1. The 3 amps is split between the two USB ports. Meaning if you had one thing plugged in to it it would give 3 amps but if you had two things plugged in it would only give 1.5 amps

2. The switch allows for higher amperage. With the 3 amp version both are at 5v Im pretty sure.

I bought the Anker Astro3 and it made no change. It powers everything else including the pineapple but will NOT load my Sandisk Cruzer Fit thats plugged into it even though the led lights are on.

This is really annoying me now.

I don't know what's wrong

It's possible your Fit has gone into Read Only mode. Can you format it or write to it on a computer?

-Foxtrot

I formatted it before without any problems and i can moved files to and from the device. However when i click on the usbs properties and click permissons all i get is:

"The Permissions of USB Partition 1 could not be determined"

hmmm not sure, does this mean that its still gone into write protect mode?

The usb loads up fine when the pineapple is connected to the mains power but as soon as its on battery power the usb will not load despite me purchasing a new Anker Astro3 battery

I formatted it before without any problems and i can moved files to and from the device. However when i click on the usbs properties and click permissons all i get is:

The usb loads up fine when the pineapple is connected to the mains power but as soon as its on battery power the usb will not load despite me purchasing a new Anker Astro3 battery

Hmm... Not sure. Is this on Windows, Mac OS X or Linux??

-Foxtrot

Hmm... Not sure. Is this on Windows, Mac OS X or Linux??

-Foxtrot

It was in my Backtrack machine (ubuntu), i tried it on windows but becasue its been formatted ext4 it wont load becasue windows cant read ext4

I've never had a drive go into read only mode, and seeing as you can still write to the drive and format it, I would say that it isn't in read only mode. One reason for the pineapple not seeing the drive could be that your fstab is configured incorrectly or that your drive is formatted incorrectly. Also look for a /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdb2 etc.

-Foxtrot