option device /dev/sda1
option fstype ext4
option options rw,sync
option enabled 1
option enabled_fsck 0

config swap
option device /dev/sda2
option enabled 1

I followed the instructions in the booklet that comes with the pineapple and the format i did was clean its tell me no errors then i enabled the swap partition by issuing "mkswap /dev/sda2". All of this is no problem when powering the pineapple on the mains but when i plug in the battery the usb fails to load

This is my fstab

config global automount

option from_fstab 1

option anon_mount 1

config global autoswap

option from_fstab 1

option anon_swap 0

config mount

option target /usb

option device /dev/sda1

option fstype ext4

option options rw,sync

option enabled 1

option enabled_fsck 0

config swap

option device /dev/sda2

option enabled 1

I followed the instructions in the booklet that comes with the pineapple and the format i did was clean its tell me no errors then i enabled the swap partition by issuing "mkswap /dev/sda2". All of this is no problem when powering the pineapple on the mains but when i plug in the battery the usb fails to load

On the PC write a file or folder to the drive, then insert the drive into the Pineapple and reboot. After reboot cd to /usb/ and see if the file or folder is there.

-Foxtrot

On the PC write a file or folder to the drive, then insert the drive into the Pineapple and reboot. After reboot cd to /usb/ and see if the file or folder is there.

-Foxtrot

Question - am i doing this when the pineapple is on mains power or battery? On battery it doesn't even mount and on mains power i can ssh into the pineapple and issue cd /usb/ it works

Question - am i doing this when the pineapple is on mains power or battery? On battery it doesn't even mount and on mains power i can ssh into the pineapple and issue cd /usb/ it works

If it works on mains then the problem seems to be power. Check the Anker has been fully cycled and then fully charged.

-Foxtrot

Just tried it on mains power, i created a new folder then scp'd that to the usb part and typed reboot from the advanced menu. Once rebooted i ssh'd in went to the usb directory and the new folder was still there.

The Anker Astro3E which has been charged from my computer has all the lights a steady blue

Hmm this is strange. Cannot think of why it would work on mains but not on a fully charged Anker, Only thing I could think of now is a faulty cable or Anker, or maybe a Pineapple (Allthough the latter is probly incorrect, due to it working on Mains.)

However, post some more details if you can :)

-Foxtrot

Hmm this is strange. Cannot think of why it would work on mains but not on a fully charged Anker, Only thing I could think of now is a faulty cable or Anker, or maybe a Pineapple (Allthough the latter is probly incorrect, due to it working on Mains.)

However, post some more details if you can :)

-Foxtrot

No problem, just tell me what you need and i'll post it

I just plugged the Anker back into my pineapple after its fully charged (blue leds go out when fully charged) and at first the usb didn't even show up, even the led was not lit. So i tool it out and put it in my computer - it loaded fine so i put it back into the pineapple which then the usb led on the pineapple started flashing and the orange light on the usb is on.

Under the usb tab it shows:

lsusb Output

Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0781:5530 SanDisk Corp. Cruzer
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Part of the system log file (located under the logs tab) shows:

00:01:32 Pineapple user.notice usb-modeswitch: 1-0:1.0:
Manufacturer=Linux_3.7.6_ehci_hcd
Product=Generic_Platform_EHCI_Controller Serial=ehci-platform
00:01:32 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 92.580000] hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
00:01:32 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 92.460000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/8, error -71
00:01:28 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 88.830000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/8, error -145
00:01:23 Pineapple kern.info kernel: [ 83.800000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-platform
00:01:23 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 83.570000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/8, error -145
00:01:18 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 78.440000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/8, error -145
00:01:13 Pineapple kern.info kernel: [ 73.410000] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 4 using ehci-platform
00:01:13 Pineapple kern.err kernel: [ 73.180000] usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -145
00:01:05 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led WLAN
00:01:05 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led WAN
00:01:05 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led USB
00:01:05 Pineapple user.info sysinit: setting up led LAN
00:01:05 Pineapple user.info sysinit: Selected interface 'wlan0'
00:01:05 Pineapple user.info sysinit: OK
00:01:05 Pineapple user.info sysinit: /etc/rc.local: line 7: /usb/infusions/logcheck/logcheck.sh: not found
00:01:04 Pineapple kern.info kernel: [ 64.220000] br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entered forwarding state
00:01:02 Pineapple kern.info kernel: [ 62.220000] br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entered forwarding state
00:01:02 Pineapple kern.info kernel: [ 62.220000] br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entered forwarding state
00:01:02 Pineapple kern.info kernel: [ 62.140000] device wlan0 entered promiscuous mode

• 3 weeks later...

The Anker Astro3 has a 9V - 12V switch on the side, however I think you have the Astro3E. If you have only 2 USBs on the front of your battery, its the 3E.

-Foxtrot

I got the anker 3 that you were talking about and it seems that - at least for now - that its working.

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas what i can now use for the case that i can put them in because the anker 3 is bigger than the pineapple juice and no longer fits in the case i had with the pineapple?

I got the anker 3 that you were talking about and it seems that - at least for now - that its working.

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas what i can now use for the case that i can put them in because the anker 3 is bigger than the pineapple juice and no longer fits in the case i had with the pineapple?

It fits in a Peli 1050 i think.

-Foxtrot