anyedie

how bad is this?  

44 members have voted

1. 1.

• not too bad
    • pretty bad
    • that blows!
    • Horrible!

no real information here. Just that i JUST LOST MY FLASHDRIVE!!!! i just got a 1gig (upgraded from 512) cruzer micro. And i had the switchblade active. and all of my other 1337 (scanners, tor, standard standalone stuff, some pen-testing stuff) stuff that should not just be seen by anyone. it also had picutres (nothing bad) and other things about people, places and schools on it! this is soooo bad! im pissed. and AHHHHH>!

so possibely incriminating info, some personal info, and 40$ gone.

Ok, first thing you need to do is contact all of the possible places in which you could have lost it. Don't worry about being 'incriminated' for anything right now because the average joe wouldn't know airsnort from myspace. Call everywhere that you went and let them know that you lost your flash drive and the contents of which are very important, talk with a manager/ someone in charge and leave your basic contact info just in case it turns up.

Next you need to check all of your personal effects. I've lost my flash drive hundreds of times and in the end it was just sitting under the driver seat of my car most of the time. If you cannot find it in your room/house/car/backpack/etc, retrace your steps through the whole day in which you lost it and look everywhere, high and low. You'd be suprised where it could be.

Good luck.

I left my swirchblade (armed) at school somewhere and saw the windows admin with what looked exactly like mine, and thought i was f'd in the A. I asked the teacher of the room i left it in for it the next morning, and it turns out that the admin just had one like it

Dude, you're not going to jail for carrying around SuperScan and netcat. Unless you had personally identifying information on the disk (in which case you immediately forfeit any and all of your 1337 points), I would consider it a financial loss more than anything else.

I'd like to point out that having these programs is not illegal. Unless they can proov with solid evidence that you used them, you can't get in trouble. Just be thank full that windows level of loging is practicly verb 1 (verb 1 been least logging, verb 9 been the most)

I thought I lost mine the other night. And as Armadaender pointed out. It was under my driver's seat,along with about 9 pens.

I had been wondering what happened to all those pens.

I thought they were where socks go. :)

Haha, I knew I wasn't the only one who's done that. And it is interesting to find other items down there as well. Lot's of laundry money, straw wrappers and like you said, pens.

1. Dont keep personally identifiable information on a switchblade

2. Dont keep personally identifiable information on a switchblade

3. Dont keep personally identifiable information on a switchblade

4. See #1

atleast not your personally identifiable information :P

1. Dont keep personally identifiable information on a switchblade

2. Dont keep personally identifiable information on a switchblade

3. Dont keep personally identifiable information on a switchblade

4. See #1

What about encrypting everything. That way you can have your SSN, mothers maden name, address, credit card numbers, secret photos of the girl you like etc... on you thumb drive (not recomended!) and nobody will be able to read it!

mml, guys! 1st. no real personal info on me on the drive... but there were a few random pictures... yea. im really not dumb enough to keep personal info on it. Also... no, i was not worried about going to jail ect. i forget who brought that up. and the most important thing!!! Ready!!!

I FOUND IT!

i switched pants right before i walked out the door and that was the only thing left in those pants when i got home!!! isnt that GREAT![/i]