irc

anyedie

ok, this is retarted.

Im having am impossible time trying to use irc becasue (i use zone alarm) zone alarm keeps blocking it. Ice chat logs onto a network but when i try to join a channel it says "blocked by ZA". Ive tried everything i know to do. clicking the little box for firewalls, allowing it in ZA ect. with no luck. Does anyone know how to fix this?

uninstall Zonealarm, go get open source alternative. :lol:

Such as?

Because Open Source is better.

Cleaner and more reliable code.

Not by default though.

Anyhoo, have you tried kerio/sunbelt personal firewall, Comodo Firewall (not heard of it before but download.com gives it 4 star) or Outpost free edition. If your attached to ZA, try removing it, then reinstalling it and manually adding the program and irc port to a safe list?

You and me both, man.

Guess we can't write clean and reliable code. Better not tell my company's customers. :)

But seriously, don't ditch Zone Alarm over this just yet. First figure out how you're supposed to solve this. I'm sure there's some Zone Alarm FAQ/Newsgroup/Forum/support thing out there that will be able to tell you what you're doing wrong.

Because Open Source is better.

Cleaner and more reliable code.

wait... so if i write me a firewall it will instantly be better and cleaner than zone alarm?

well i could write a better firewall :P but it wouldn't be easy to open ports :P

block everything, no popups, enjoy