Strange foods

Sparda

Recently, as a quick snack, I have been eating ham (the boild stuff) and salad cream sandwhiches. A strange configuration I know, but it's supprisingly nice. Does any one else know any quick fix culinary concoctions?

(I can't help but think the language I used seem arrogent? Either it is or moonlit has just got me paranoid)

Guest zacharygriggs

bakeing potato crisps onto my pizza

peanut butter and orange slices

yeah strange

what the fuck is up withyour avatar everytime i see it it changes, particularly love the hidious monster head

no it wasn't arrogant in the previous post here

I have just been looking on the BBC's web site for quite easy things to make. They have several very easy to make tuna (tinned) based recepies. This one sound paticulaly easy and (more importantly) non leathal. Since Tuna in a tin is safe to eat stright out of the tin, the likly hood of diying is slim.

Edit: Gah... that link is a bit foobared, the bbcode sytax is correct... I guess there is a charater in the URL phpBB doesn't like.

Cooper: It were the ( and ) characters. Replaced by %28 and %29.

Make your own chicken (or steak) quesadilla. All you need in some pre-cooked chicken (again, or steak) that's chopped up, tortilla shells, whatever cheeses, vegies, etc you want, olive oil and a frying pan.

1) Pour a layer of olive oil into the frying pan (covering the bottom and about 3 mm high).

2) Take the shell and toss the chicken, cheese, whatever on on half of it, fold over the other half to cover the goods and press down the edges firmly (but don't tear it) to make a seal.

3) Once the pan is heated (I like to use the medium-medium high setting), put the tortilla into the pan and using a spatula, move the queso around (keep it from burning easily), checking the down side every few seconds to see if it's golden brown (this usually takes about a half-minute to a minute, depending on the strength and settings of your stove).

4) Once it is golden brown, flip it over (be careful here, that olive oil is damn hot), repeat #3 for that side as well.

5) Once both sides are finished, you should have a perfect quesadilla. Enjoy.

It took me about two tries to get it down perfect so have patience.

A friend and I invented this on a camping trip with school.

The Bean Beasty

Indredients:

1 - Tin of Baked Beans

2 - Eggs

2 - Slices of shredded bread

bacon to taste

Method

1. Make a pan hot.

2. Pour in beans, and wait untill they are hot.

3. Crack in the eggs and stir well.

4. Add bread and bacon if you want.

Serves one hungry person or two not hungry people.

When I was at college, my buddy and I made really cheap stir fry with 2 packages of ramen noodles, Spam and a some chopped red and green peppers.

You can do it with "real" meat also, just make sure that the ramen flavor matches the meat you're using.

I kinda like Chili Con Carne. Done with very little effort, plus it's trivial to make a HUGE amount which you can then freeze and eat at a later date when you have even less time available.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Chili_con_carne

CHILLIMAC!! When my roomates and myself have lan partys or are all hungry we will cook up a couple boxes of kraft macaroni and cheese. When that is done throw in a couple cans of hormel chili without beans. Generally the rule goes 1 can of chili for every box of macaroni. Its quite tasty.

CHILLIMAC!! When my roomates and myself have lan partys or are all hungry we will cook up a couple boxes of kraft macaroni and cheese. When that is done throw in a couple cans of hormel chili without beans. Generally the rule goes 1 can of chili for every box of macaroni. Its quite tasty.

Man, that sounds like such a good idea and such a bad idea at the same time.

Tuna in a can. Thats what got me through season one. Stupid expensive bandwidth. Need an Internet truck...

What Mr. Stevens? It's not a truck?

Damnit.

Anyway one of my fav recipies is Tuna Noodle Casserole

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,tuna...sserole,FF.html

Too bad I havent been able to make it in over a year. You see, when Wess moved in with me, the first night, he decided to start a kitchen fire.

See, I got a call from Wess one night saying "Hey think I could crash with you for a while" and I said "no problemo dude, we're always buds, totally welcome here. I'll leave the back door unlocked for you, come in any time"

And he did. At like 3:30 in the morning.

And he decided it would be a good idea to make a frozen pizza.

Rewind just a day or two:

We just had an awesome cocktail party at hak5 studios (it wasnt actually called hak5 studios then, it was called, um, Darren's apartment). Anyway we had a cocktail party and it was awesome. And at the end of the night after all the chix0rz left the guys thought it would be nice to help me clean up.

So glasses made their way to the dishwasher, passed out people made their way to the sidewalk, and for some reason, someone cleaning the kitchen decided it would be a good idea to put a plastic collender (thing you use to drain water from pasta) in the over. Why? Dunno, guess it was a good enough place to get it out of the way.

Fast forward back to Wess. He's hungry. It's 3:30 in the morning. I'm asleep. And Alli and him decide to make a pizza. So he pre-heats the oven like anyone would do.

But little did he know, the pastic collender was inside. About 5 minutes later I was waking up to the smoke alarms going off, and black smoke coming from my kitchen.

If Wess were telling the story he'd mention the part about me screaming like a little girl, but I'm leaving that part out.

so there I was, in bed, screaming like a manly man, when wess and alli bust in telling me to STFU.

Long story short (too late), Wess puts out the fire, saves a few kittens, and puts the Earth back into orbit, just in time for me to call him a farking n00b.

No hard feelings. anyway, that was a year ago. and I *still* dont have a working oven. Wess tried to clean it a while ago, but "hasnt gotten around to it" since then.

So if you see him on IRC, tell him Darren wants his oven back. It's Tuna Noodle Casserole time!

I never quite managed to set the kitchin in my house on fire. I did nearly set my friends house on fire (we thought it would be a good idea to have a airasol + lighter fight).

Moonlit's idea is interesting. It sounds almost like the lazy mans cheess cake.

I was at a LAN party a couple years back. It was supposed to be a 24-hour non-stop gaming gig. A friend of mine organised it from his home as his parents were away on holiday anyways. There were about 10-15 people in attendance.

Fast forward to about 4 am when this guy decides that it's about time to get some warm snacks going. So he grabs a can of small sausages (they're called 'knakworstjes' here). Most prefer them warm, and you can either boil them in some water, or dunk them into the microwave. He chose the latter. Now, the pan he used was made out of microwave approved materials. The only thing this guy didn't consider was that the device was both microwave and regular oven and of course he turned the thing on as a regular oven. Which wasn't particularly appreciated by the plastic handles on the pan.

The stench was sickening, though, thankfully, no smoke. The party continued after we opened up all the windows and doors and aired the place out a bit. Interestingly, we were never allowed to do another LAN party at his place again... :)