[Version 1] Ducky And Sensing Key Strokes

Pinni3

maybe strange question but can the Teensy ( ducky ) sense a keystroke from keybord .

hope it is .

as you can use the teensy also for jokes like numlock and capslock interval on/ off signal .

+ with a buzzer you can intermit a sound every 30 min or so .

if the user uses a special key combo the teensy activates a payload ( hack or Joke)

in this way you don't have to wait for the timing in the payload or when user is probably in .

he activates the Payload itself .

like press CTRL-ALT-DEL combo activates a payload the payload has then a timer of 5min less or more .

Thada user activated your planted payload without your interaction for activation.

Just plug it in and let user activate it without knowing anything .

:rolleyes:

hope you like the idea.

sorry for bad English

You would probably have to build the thing into the keyboard itself or use another device to take signals from the computer and input them into the teensy...

No really easy way at the moment and probably way more work than anything useful in a prank.

like press CTRL-ALT-DEL combo activates a payload the payload has then a timer of 5min less or more .

Thada user activated your planted payload without your interaction for activation.

Just plug it in and let user activate it without knowing anything .

:rolleyes:

Interesting idea.. what if the payload started when they say, typed Paypal.com? <_<

All really good ideas, but it would really require it to be between the keyboard and computer..

OR another thing you could do is execute TWO payloads. One that is dormant waiting for it to be activated, the other would be executed right away, sniffing the packets from the keyboard to the computer. Im pretty sure that that is the only software way this is possible.

Seb

Something I'm hopefully going to test out is embedding the teensy inside an old white apple keyboard (Because it has huge amounts of space in the back for my crappy soldering.), taking out the USB controller board and running the buttons through the teensy for key logging or activating the payload when conditions are met.

Something I'm hopefully going to test out is embedding the teensy inside an old white apple keyboard (Because it has huge amounts of space in the back for my crappy soldering.), taking out the USB controller board and running the buttons through the teensy for key logging or activating the payload when conditions are met.

So, Apple products don't get viruses?

It seems they get duckies.

It would be very simple to use the ducky as an interceptor of the keyboard by connecting the keyboard to the teensy and then the teensy to the pc.

Then you could program the teensy to search all key presses, and have certain combo activate payloads. Other nonregistered key presses would then be forwarded to the computer.

It would be very simple to use the ducky as an interceptor of the keyboard by connecting the keyboard to the teensy and then the teensy to the pc.

Then you could program the teensy to search all key presses, and have certain combo activate payloads. Other nonregistered key presses would then be forwarded to the computer.

well for that you will need to get a other teensy than the 2.0 i dont even know if there is a teensy with 2 USB ports. you might need to total new chip.

i think that idea is a whole new project since you look at it a total different way.

the idea of the duckey is more a response for the U3 payloads to fuck up on vista+

So, Apple products don't get viruses?

It seems they get duckies.

Correction: Nobody bothers to write viruses and by the nature of it being based off of UNIX, it has very few "hacks" because of things like stack protection that help to prevent buffer overflows, etc.

The USB duck hack is very unreliable on the Mac due to the fact that very little in OS X is ever in exactly the same place computer to computer (Eg. dock at the bottom but can be resized and is centre aligned so things are never in the same place except on a clean install/user.) and that you can't exactly use the menu bar to open apps, you can use spotlight but that returns different items depending what the user uses regally.

I'm going to do my best to get around these issues and make the best payloads I can but don't expect this to even work as well as it does on Windows.

Correction: Nobody bothers to write viruses and by the nature of it being based off of UNIX, it has very few "hacks" because of things like stack protection that help to prevent buffer overflows, etc.

I know, I was joking.

The USB duck hack is very unreliable on the Mac due to the fact that very little in OS X is ever in exactly the same place computer to computer (Eg. dock at the bottom but can be resized and is centre aligned so things are never in the same place except on a clean install/user.) and that you can't exactly use the menu bar to open apps, you can use spotlight but that returns different items depending what the user uses regally.

I'm going to do my best to get around these issues and make the best payloads I can but don't expect this to even work as well as it does on Windows.

Well, you can always use keyboard shortcuts. Although I doubt Mac OS X is very keyboard friendly.

well for that you will need to get a other teensy than the 2.0 i dont even know if there is a teensy with 2 USB ports. you might need to total new chip.

i think that idea is a whole new project since you look at it a total different way.

the idea of the duckey is more a response for the U3 payloads to fuck up on vista+

You would not have to do this. It would be as simple as connecting talk a usb femal connector and soldering the wire to the appropriate connection on the teensy.

5v to 5v, ground to ground, and each data wire to an I/O. Then plugging the usb keyboard into the female slot.

Then some programming ofc.