Any gun enthusiasts/collectors?

Kyle 2.0

Not trying to start a debate on gun control or anything of that nature, just curious if there are any gun owners here and what guns they own/like/want to buy.

I have a H&K .40 that I do not like at all. Trigger system sucks, and I think the gun is too small. I'm not much of a fan of smaller non-compact handguns. And the damn thing won't shoot for shit if its full of dirt. Unlike a a Glock. I much prefer the trigger systems that you see on Glocks also.

I am looking to buy either a Glock 22 (.40 cal) or a Smith & Wesson M&P .40 or .45 All have relatively the same trigger system and are pretty popular.

I am a gun collector. Only gun I have atm is a 1943 M91/30 Mosin-Nagant. Need to get ammo for it so I can go shooting. I have a clip of 8mm Kar98K bullets too. 1938 Walhfen Nazi rounds. :D friend gave them to me for $5 when the bullets go for about $20 a pop and the clip is about $5-$15 depending on condition. I like WWII stuff if you can see.

Damn, thats awesome. I'd love to shoot a Kar98 or a Mosin-Nagant sometime. I'm trying to find a place to get a M1 Garand rifle. Its top of my list of rifles to shoot. I can't imagine those kind of antique guns are cheap though :/

I've got a few things I wanna get first though. I ordered an AR-15 the about 3 weeks back from a local gun store, but its back ordered for about another month. Which I am hearing is the norm right now nationwide.

I love my guns... just went shooting with my lil bro yesterday... i've got a Ruger .40, a Taurus .44 special, a Taurus .38, Walther P22, Walther 9mm, Ruger .45, Ruger 9mm, a few other misc revolvers.... i think my favorite as to be the .22 Ruger I have.... My first AR-15 should be here within the next month hopefully

Wow, thats quite a collection. I've got to say though, no 1911 .45 in there? I'm gonna go shooting tomorrow I think, but ammo prices are starting to go up significantly here. The only ammo I can still get for a decent price is that .40 American Eagle crap. Its like $18 or 19$ for a box of 50. It works fine, but it dirties up my gun pretty quickly.

What brand of AR-15 are you getting? I ordered mine from Rock River arms

In the Army, I've got to play with various toys: M16/M4, the M203 grenade launcher attachment (and I'd always heard before trying it that grenade launchers had no recoil.....LIE), .50 caliber M2, and probably the coolest: the Mk19 grenade machine gun!!!! :wub:

Unfortunately, where I reside now in Illinois has ridiculously-restrictive gun laws already, and add Cook County gun laws on top of that. So I've given up on trying to own any firearms while I live here...the old Louisville Slugger will have to do as my anti-burglary device :(

My good friend in Indiana has a Soviet weapons museum going on: a Romanian-made AK47 clone (wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it, but it's fun to take to the range when it decides to work), Makarov PM handgun (chambers the funky Makarov 9mm round that's a little fatter and shorter than the 9mm Luger round), and two Mosin-Nagant rifles (one all tricked out with high-power scope and a buffered stock, because that SOB can kick worse than a shotgun, and one old-school Enemy At The Gates one that's covered in grease and supposedly was dug out of a Ukranian salt mine from an old Battle of Stalingrad-era weapons cache).

If I could own some firearms, I'd love to have an H&K USP .45 (Kyle, is that the .40 you have?) or a tricked-out M1911-style .45 from Springfield Armory or Ed Brown Custom. Also a nice 12ga shotgun, at least in Indiana, since the terrain is so flat that rifles aren't allowed for deer hunting.

No, I've never shot the H&K .USP .45 though I've heard good things. I've got some cop friends that carry it on duty and swear by it. They went so far as to pay for it with their own money as opposed to carry what their departments issued them for free. My H&K is the .40 P2000. Its a nice gun, but I'm just no big fan of the H&K trigger system. Too much slack in the trigger for my preference.

I actually just bought a Glock 22 .40 today for $450 after taxes. Was in and out of the gun store in an hour (no waiting periods in Arizona). I was originally going to get the Smith & Wesson M&P .40 or 9mm which would have been like $620 or so after taxes, but I decided to save a few bucks and go with the Glock. I'm still going to get the Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm later along with a M1911 .45 of some sort.

I would kill to shoot a Mosin-Nagant rifle. WW2 guns are awesome in my opinion.

Because they're so blocky-looking, I call them the Telecaster of handguns. :lol:

But seriously, the only thing cheap about a Glock is the price. Haven't heard of a bad one yet.

Wow, thats quite a collection. I've got to say though, no 1911 .45 in there?

What brand of AR-15 are you getting? I ordered mine from Rock River arms

i've tried to stay away from 1911s as i've heard they can be a pain to get to run reliably. The AR is a Doublestar. Not a great brand but should do what I want it to do

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a hunter so i don't have anything super fancy or cool. Most are used at least once a year.

First shotgun is a Mossberg 500 Youth Model 20 gauge ($10 for 3 tickets at a Pheasants Forever banquet)

Oldest gun i got is a Ithica Featherlite 16 gauge, grandpa bought it when he was 16 and gave it to me, needs some cosmetic work but otherwise an excellent shooter.

Last obtained shotgun came from my other grandpa. It's a 410 gauge bolt action with a 3 round clip, not a 100% on it but if i remember correctly its a Remington.

I like to use my brothers Winchester .308 for rifle deer season. I had shot it less than 3 times at a target and shot a deer at 300 yards. I was pretty pumped about that.

Currently I'm looking to trade in my Mossberg for a Benelli Nova 12 gauge pump.

We got a few more hanging around the house but those are just the ones that i got.

BTW best gun ever made Daisy BB gun :P

I'm not a gun collector, but I own a couple handguns. I have S&W 357 long barrel I really like. I live in the desert so I can go shooting a few minutes drive from my house. The 357 is really fun to fire. With the long barrel it's a great target shooting gun. I also have a Llama 45 that's pretty much a Colt knock-off. That gun is fun to fire too. It's pretty well made for how inexpensive it was and almost never jams, I think it jammed once. Compared to the 357, it's like a cap gun, but it's fun to shoot. Though, hard to hit anything at any range. It's my home protection gun, great for that with large caliber and relatively low muzzle velocity.

Not trying to start a debate on gun control or anything of that nature, just curious if there are any gun owners here and what guns they own/like/want to buy.

I have a H&K .40 that I do not like at all. Trigger system sucks, and I think the gun is too small. I'm not much of a fan of smaller non-compact handguns. And the damn thing won't shoot for shit if its full of dirt. Unlike a a Glock. I much prefer the trigger systems that you see on Glocks also.

I am looking to buy either a Glock 22 (.40 cal) or a Smith & Wesson M&P .40 or .45 All have relatively the same trigger system and are pretty popular.

I am not a collector, though I have a few. I would definitely recommend a Glock. I Have a Glock 23. The 22 is a great weapon, it is just too big for concealment for me. The 23 allows for a full grip and unlike the compact Glock 26. S&W is a good choice too, again, not good for carrying though.

I have a glock 19 and a H&K P7m. I also have a remington 870 and bushmaster AR-15a1 style.

My wish list includes a Remington 700 .308 style, AK47 Soviet, M-14. I also want to add to the collection a Kimber 1911, H&K USP Tactical .40, Sig Saur P226 .40. and a barrette bobcat .22. I would love to have a uzi semi-automatic 9mm and yes they have this b/c I have shot the civilian style. It is a great gun to shoot.

I think I would have about every calaber cover except the .50 cal...bear to shoot and expensive.

• 3 weeks later...