from any GNU archive site.
rm -f stamp-h1
touch config.h.in
cd . && /bin/bash ./config.status config.h
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
make  all-am
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xxazazelxx/airpwn-1.4'
if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.     -g -O2 -MT airpwn.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/airpwn.Tpo" -c -o airpwn.o airpwn.c; \
	then mv -f ".deps/airpwn.Tpo" ".deps/airpwn.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/airpwn.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
In file included from airpwn.c:46:
conf.h:21:30: error: python2.4/Python.h: No such file or directory
In file included from airpwn.c:46:
conf.h:33: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘PyObject’
airpwn.c: In function ‘spoof_response’:
airpwn.c:401: error: ‘conf_entry’ has no member named ‘response_len’
airpwn.c:402: error: ‘conf_entry’ has no member named ‘pyfunc’
airpwn.c:403: error: ‘PyObject’ undeclared (first use in this function)
airpwn.c:403: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
airpwn.c:403: error: for each function it appears in.)
airpwn.c:403: error: ‘args’ undeclared (first use in this function)
airpwn.c:405: error: ‘value’ undeclared (first use in this function)
airpwn.c:405: error: ‘conf_entry’ has no member named ‘pyfunc’
airpwn.c:412: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
airpwn.c:435: error: ‘conf_entry’ has no member named ‘options’
airpwn.c: In function ‘process_ip_packet’:
airpwn.c:470: error: ‘conf_entry’ has no member named ‘next’
airpwn.c:509: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
airpwn.c:510: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
airpwn.c:511: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make[1]: *** [airpwn.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xxazazelxx/airpwn-1.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2

does anyone have any noob friendly tips on how to install it? thankz

why can they improve linux to have exe files where instead of doing 15 commands and having it mess up on 1 of the steps, why cant they have a exe file instead where the user only has to figure out how to click on the next button

anyway that guide fails for me also

they need to release a new version of all compilers where when they try to make a tgz file, it forces them to read something explaining why it is annoying and why they should make something like a .deb or something else that has a more automated install

don't want to sound like i am bashing linux or anything but why cant they make something similar to the .exe in windows and make a standard for apps for linux so people wont have to go through annoying install processes and if they cant do that then at least allow for something like a batch file that will do all of the commands for you and if there already is something liek that then they need to stop being lazy and release those, if it is the same command for everyone then release a batch file

Is there a package for ubuntu that has the airpwn program in it? If so, why not just apt-get install the thing. BT4 is not like the slax version, its based on debian and more like ubuntu. Also, as far as I know, there isn't a final release yet, so its still beta software, trial and error, or buyer beware, not everything works properly, and they have stated this in the past.

I'd say if the script on their wiki isn't working for BT4, then its probably because it was meant for BT3 and earlier, and BT4 is not set up for it, OR you are missing some dependant file, or not doing it correctly.

why can they improve linux to have exe files where instead of doing 15 commands and having it mess up on 1 of the steps, why cant they have a exe file instead where the user only has to figure out how to click on the next button

they need to release a new version of all compilers where when they try to make a tgz file, it forces them to read something explaining why it is annoying and why they should make something like a .deb or something else that has a more automated install

don't want to sound like i am bashing linux or anything but why cant they make something similar to the .exe in windows and make a standard for apps for linux so people wont have to go through annoying install processes and if they cant do that then at least allow for something like a batch file that will do all of the commands for you and if there already is something liek that then they need to stop being lazy and release those, if it is the same command for everyone then release a batch file

None of that is required, the error message was very clear and simple to understand.

I dont get it.

That would be the "all jpegs go to goatse" command in airpwn.

Because linux isn't windows. The closest you're going to get to that in the linux world is Ubuntu, which makes things so easy a caveman can do it.

so easy a caveman can do it.

caveman.jpg

:)

Maybe replace Goatse with this pic.

I know nothing of "make" and that error message tells me nothing. Any usefull advice plz?

"You might want to install the `Autoconf' and `GNU m4' packages."

Backtrack 4 is based around Ubuntu, which is based on Debian. Debian uses the Advanced Packaging Tool, also known as apt, which allows you to install packages with the command "apt-get install blah". So enter "apt-get update" followed by "apt-get install autoconf" and "apt-get install m4". Then try and install airpwn again.

GTFO. I honestly don't care if that offends anyone or not, I hate ignorance like this. Anyways, the reason it's probably not installing is probably because you are missing a dependancy or more...

GTFO. I honestly don't care if that offends anyone or not, I hate ignorance like this. Anyways, the reason it's probably not installing is probably because you are missing a dependancy or more...

he's most likely getting the error involving the wireless.h on compile.

I have resolved it and posted a how-to on my blog (see previous post)

It would have been easier had he just read through the error text that was posted and dealt with each error in turn, starting with the 2 at the top and moving on to the install file not been able to find python.

"You might want to install the `Autoconf' and `GNU m4' packages."

Backtrack 4 is based around Ubuntu, which is based on Debian. Debian uses the Advanced Packaging Tool, also known as apt, which allows you to install packages with the command "apt-get install blah". So enter "apt-get update" followed by "apt-get install autoconf" and "apt-get install m4". Then try and install airpwn again.

I wrote a very detailed how-to on installation of AirPWN and execution of injecting code into web pages on my blog --> http://timashley.me/node/100

Thank you ;)

Hey, has anyone gotten the python scripting to work in airpwn 1.4? I upgraded the python implementation from 2.4 to my system python version 2.5 and reinstalled airpwn. While trying the python example included in airpwn 1.4 I get this:

root@lap:~/stuff/airpwn# airpwn -c conf/pyexample -d madwifi -i mon0 -v -v -v

Parsing configuration file..

initializing python..

Error loading module: pyexample

Error parsing configuration file.

root@lap:~/stuff/airpwn#

Hey, has anyone gotten the python scripting to work in airpwn 1.4? I upgraded the python implementation from 2.4 to my system python version 2.5 and reinstalled airpwn. While trying the python example included in airpwn 1.4 I get this:

I know you've probably already checked this, but does conf/pyexample exist?

Yes.

root@lap:~/stuff/airpwn# cat conf/pyexample

begin pyexample

match ^(GET|POST)

ignore ^GET [^ ?]+\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|tif|tiff)

pymodule pyexample

initializing python..

root@lap:~/stuff/airpwn# mv conf/pyexample conf/pyexample2

fopen: No such file or directory

root@lap:~/stuff/airpwn# cat pyscripts/pyexample.py | head

#!/usr/bin/env python

#

# Demo python module to illustrate airpwn python integration.

# the TCP data payload is sent as input to airpwn_response, and the data

# returned from the function is injected as a response. If you don't

# want to send a response return None

#

root@lap:~/stuff/airpwn#

It would seem that airpwn can find the conf file, but for some reason fails to locate the pyexample.py module. I have copied both files into one directory, but I get the same result. Perhaps there should be some variable that tells the interpreter where to look for the given py script.

*bump*

Okay, it's definitely a problem with python module paths. The file "pyexample" is the configuration file and "pyexample.py" is the module. Both files are in the same folder. I've added a few calls to the PyErr_Print() function in conf.c like so:

PyObject *str = PyString_FromString(argument);

if (str == NULL) {

printf("PyString_FromString returned NULL:\n");

PyErr_Print();

return NULL;

}

PyObject *module = PyImport_Import(str);

if(module == NULL){

printf("Error loading module: %s\n", argument);

PyErr_Print();

return NULL;

}

And this is the error output:

root@lap:~/stuff/airpwn# airpwn -c pyexample -d rtl8187 -i wlan0

Initializing python..

ImportError: No module named pyexample

Clearly python fails to find the specified module, but I've always thought that the interpreter also searches the application working path for the given modules. Unfortunately I'm not a python expert so this might be a rough one for me to fix on my own.

EDIT: Eh, stupid environmental variables. It turns out that PYTHONPATH did not exist on my system. Running "export PYTHONPATH=." without the quotes in a shell fixed the problem. Although you'll have to modify the configuration files and add relative paths to the modules from the directory you're running airpwn, else it won't work i.e. the pyexample conf file should look like:

begin pyexample

match ^(GET|POST)

ignore ^GET [^ ?]+\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|tif|tiff)

pymodule pyscripts/pyexample

~Vol