Check this speed out

messsy

I think it's lying, because to the best of my knowledge a regular copper phone line cannot support those speeds, and even if they could, Orange don't offer them. I think something's caching somewhere.

People should learn not to bullshit to people who actually know that stuff. They are neither impressed or think better of you, quiet the opposite actually.

Currently fastest copper broadband in the UK is 24Mb ADSL2+, for which the majority is supplied by Be Internet and O2 (who own Be). They have been experimenting with dual bonded lines and more, which obviously increases speed in multiples.

You really lost everyone by claiming to have reached over 100Mb, there are very few modems that could even support speeds that high, seeming that I'm willing to bet you a have the free modem you go with the connection, your certainly not got one.

Please go and waste your own time and not others.

Excuse me how am i bullshiting, that was not very nice, i am experiencing high speeds and this is what was reported by speedtest! Im not showing off or even claiming i have this speed, just looking for an answer to this.

I posted in post #5 proof that i have not changed anything.

Dont talk to me like that again, i have never claimed to know tech stuff about copper broardband as i know very little. I joined this forum to learn and with people like you posting comment like that makes me think if i want to stay..

And where did i "claim" to have reached 100MB? :S

Its far more likely that the test itself is bolloxed than your connection is going super fast. Especially as most consumer routers and modems just cannot support that kinda throughput.

But if you want to test, try downloading from USENET, using a 20Mbit Virgin line, close proximity to the node, monowall on a 3.4GHz CPU, and some late night/early morning downloading I used to get around 3-3.5 megaBYTES per second sustained from giganews (until the SOB's at Virgin put in traffic shaping, after 4GB down it was cut back to 512kb for half an hour).

lol i dont even know what all that is.

the only large file i could think of was backtrack.

this picture is screenshot downloading at 47.5mb. The download did slow down half way through though.

im not showing off im just gob smacked to whats happening

post-13119-1244157804_thumb.jpg

not all downloads are fast but most are, im not one to tell lies and make stuff up as a person. most of the people on here would put me to shame, i wasnt going to post up about it but i got spooked with it. anyone know any reliable speed test sites, ill post results straight up.

@Seshan yeah it is a shame as upload speed was higher than that standard :'( not complaining though

Is it cable? If it is, then I can believe those speeds. Because newer Docsis 3 modems(or upgrade capable modems, like some newer Linksys modems) can get over 100mbit downlaods because they use multiple bonded channels for downloads when the ISP provides the bandwidth. Comcast is rolling out their 50 and 100mbit service right now in limited areas. I learned about it last year from one of the guys at Comcast, but they are just now starting to go live with it.

My current modem used to get about 35Mbit/s speed(docsis 2.0), but they capped me at around 15Mbit when they started coming out with the new 50 and 100 speeds a few months ago. I guess they want me to pay for the faster service I had already been getting. I would get one of the newer modems, but they only offer it with their service for a monthly rental fee. Motorola doesn't have them for purchase to consumers in the US just yet. Probably not for another year until the cable ISP's get their stuff rolled out. I tried to buy one from them last year and they said only in Europe, as they are not for sale in the US yet.

edit:maybe they are out now? http://www.miamitechsolutions.com/proddeta...p?prod=mdSB6120

People should learn not to bullshit to people who actually know that stuff. They are neither impressed or think better of you, quiet the opposite actually.

Currently fastest copper broadband in the UK is 24Mb ADSL2+, for which the majority is supplied by Be Internet and O2 (who own Be). They have been experimenting with dual bonded lines and more, which obviously increases speed in multiples.

You really lost everyone by claiming to have reached over 100Mb, there are very few modems that could even support speeds that high, seeming that I'm willing to bet you a have the free modem you go with the connection, your certainly not got one.

Please go and waste your own time and not others.

Why are you always such a dick to people? Lighten the fuck up...

You bitch & whine about the dumbest things.

thank you foo :) But its forgotten now, ive been around forums too long to get in arguments ;)

kei, your upload speed is amazing, thats more than my normal download :s

would anybody sugest i try anything with this?.

Excuse me how am i bullshiting, that was not very nice, i am experiencing high speeds and this is what was reported by speedtest! Im not showing off or even claiming i have this speed, just looking for an answer to this.

I posted in post #5 proof that i have not changed anything.

Dont talk to me like that again, i have never claimed to know tech stuff about copper broardband as i know very little. I joined this forum to learn and with people like you posting comment like that makes me think if i want to stay..

And where did i "claim" to have reached 100MB? :S

Right below:

Well all i can say is OMFG

488765393.png

Now what do you think?

No you are trying to show off, as Vako said, most of these speed tests you can fiddle in many ways and if not by purpose then you stumbled on a bug. Your other screenshots are easy to fake. All you have been doing is claiming you have this speed. Perhaps you should re-read your posts to work out where you are in your story.

I'll talk to you however I like thanks, its evident that you don't know much. I don't have a problem with helping people out, I have a problem with how people go about asking for help. I try to reply with more than the owner gave, so if they gave crap then I'll give crap in return, they give good thought out content, they'll get a good reply from me.

People posting threads like this one always makes me think if I want to stay. This community seems to have a few exceptional individuals and a sea of idiots. The forum seems to have been pretty slow for a while anyway.

oki doki then, yes im bullshitting ALL the way, fuckin grow up, like ild go through all this to show off. i know nothing about imaging, if i was to have done this then download the picture and analize it.

i said someone can connect through teamviewer.

its bollocks from people like you that give forums the bad vibes that have kelled them.

fyi saying omfg is not claiming to have reached 100mb, omfg means "oh my fucking god" and this phrase means a state of shock.

i never normaly get in arguments on forums as it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth but im realy cheesed off that ild be accused of faking a speed, knowing i could not fake proof.

its bollocks

489010845.png

Below is a direct link which can not be faked!!!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/489010845.png

Picture

489010845.png

just to piss strinwrap off,

now go tell some other mug hes lying, now dont get saying ive hacked speedtests server and uploaded a dodgy pic cuz then ull look like a twat,

back to topic, what can i do while this is happening? are there any ways to try and keep these higher speeds im getting?

btw messy

http://www.speedtest.net/result/489010844.png

did you change the above 844.png to 845.png by any chance ?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/489010845.png

infact the more i look the crapper it gets , so 100 Mb download well how is an upload of 0.48Mb going to send enough Ack's and requests to keep up with that download? not including everything else trying to go up the pipe !