How to get around blocks on school comp?

El14z3r

* Moonlit puts on his flame retardant suit and grabs a chair.

Seriously though, seriously? Read the stickies at the top of the Everything Else section, then come back.

all i want is to check my aol i go to a lame private school where you cant use google without teacher approval the only way i can use this site is the fact that i had an email (yahoo isint banned but its lame) with the forum address and a whole bunch of numbers so it got by im not trying to be malicious or break something or "take down the network" im just trying to read my mail T_T

It's still their network and they're perfectly within their rights to restrict what you do. You might not agree, or disagree with their policies, but it's not your place to decide. If you desperately need the net at school, try using your phone or a laptop/netbook with an HSDPA dongle. A second hand laptop and a USB dongle isn't that pricey and you can always say you're using it to take notes.

hey im in school and the computers are gay and everything is blocked how do i get around this without getting caught??? :P

if you can find a proxy that works (like hidemyass.com) then that is a start, but i'd assume most of these should be blocked...

options:

1) get an Internet enabled phone and check your email from it.

2) wait to get home from school

3) call you mom, ask her to log into your account and read new mail to you

what are you doing that you need to check your email while at school? Funny thing with email is that it will be there when you get home!

Uh, if you have access to this site you should have access to other sites that give info on getting past filters at school.

Also, if your rich enough to be in private school surely your parents can get you a netbook with a HSDPA, or evdo dongle (depending on which country you happen to reside in).

hey im in school and the computers are gay and everything is blocked how do i get around this without getting caught??? :P

The fact that you began the sentence with "Hey I'm in school" and the utilization of the word "gay" as an adjective for an inanimate object tells me that you are in dire need of help and not in school. also there is the strong possibility that you are joking and posted the topic just to get attention indicated by the smiley face sticking it's tongue out at the end of the sentence.

Do not pass go; do not collect $200

I see two things here. 1, the need for autoban/thread lock for clear violation of not reading the forum rules, when he can't even follow his schools rules, I don't expect him to follow the ones here, and two, a new forum topic devoted to posts like this, where this post gets moved and that exists nothing more than for us to have a place let off steam on the general population at large who come here with these types of questions.

Google probably could have answered his question in one or two proper queries, and its not even a hack to do it, so asking in a hacking forum for something I don't consider to be a hack in the first place is kind of lazy and stupid. SHould ahve at least aksed how to hack the school. Would have been more entertaining than begging for a way to read his email, when that clearly is not what he wants to do.

I didn't even have the internet when I was in high school, and in a way, I'm glad. There was enough stuff to deal with, let alone an education that didn't leave time for surfing the web while in school. Its sad how kids these days(and adults) can't go without their pc or the internet. I know, I'm an addict to some extent, but I have good reason for the most part. I work as a console operator for a Bank doing computer work for the past 12 years and am in school to get my IT certifications for Cisco and Microsoft, so I need to use a computer for what I do, but I do not need it to surf the web while I'm in school or work. In fact, we have access to the internet both at work and my tech school, and I hardly have time to open a browser, let alone think about personal things like email and such. Get your work done, play at home when you are on your own time.

School sucks at times, but get it over with, get your education, and be done with it. You keep f*cking around online while at school, the better chances you will have at failing and the longer you will be there, with restricted access. Get in, get out, get over it. :rolleyes:

obviously you are not going to be helped.... BUT I will chime in at this point anyway. you can live 8-10 hours without checking your "email". If you can't, then your priorities are wrong.

Lastly, no matter what you do if the IT people know what they are doing, (and yes even if you think they don't, they probably know something about their job), everything gets logged in more than one place.

for the record, I am speaking from first-hand experience, as I am an IT admin. I have been told that I don't know what I am doing... but I bust kids all of the time... full logs, screenshots and more.

So... I won't ream you more than that, but you don't deserve to have network access if you think life is unfair for you.

Posted on behalf of SomeoneE1se on IRC, who refuses to use the Forums, but wanted to voice his opinion on this topic:

if it's gmail you can have it forward all of your email to you're phones sms, and that if you really need google over yahoo for search you're doing something very wrong because you should already know that a google search will tell you how to break past the schools proxy

0MG! I'm g0nn4 h3lp u out k?

First: open a command-prompt or a terminal any type: hack

This will give you admin privs mmkay?

G00d luck!

1337H4xx

You see, you'd have to be attending a public school where IT admins don't get paid to get the right answer. The cut in state funding really hurts anything the schools don't need like SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS. You can imagine where IT comes in that list.

WOW People are real dicks in this forum. Seriuslly though you have 2 easy options, options 1 ultrasurf, option 2 get Putty and ssh to a server somehwere (a.k.a hak5 did a episode on the ssh tunneling, actually 2 just search ssh tunneling).

1. Ultra Surf

well for ultra surf you can download it here.

2. SSH Tunnel

and as i said earlier just watch the hak5 episodes on ssh tunneling.

Hope This Helps. Happy Hacking!

redxine: Not all Public School IT admins are stupid. Yes we are underpaid, but it doesn't mean that we don't know what we are doing anf that we don't do our job.

hawksprite: Its against the forum rules to even ask. If you, the O.P., and the rest of the kids would learn to read, you'd have known that.

goodbye.

redxine: Not all Public School IT admins are stupid. Yes we are underpaid, but it doesn't mean that we don't know what we are doing anf that we don't do our job.

hawksprite: Its against the forum rules to even ask. If you, the O.P., and the rest of the kids would learn to read, you'd have known that.

goodbye.

If that is the case can someone please lock this thread?

If that is the case can someone please lock this thread?

We don't have a problem so much with hacking, or even sharing knowledge in general on how to defeat filters so much as we don't condone helping people do things on networks they don't own or have rights to mess with. School being the number 1, workplace being right up there. A lot of times its more in how you ask a question than it is what you ask.

The rules are pretty clear on what not to ask, its just no one seems to read or follow them, then they get all pissy when people flame on someone. We're not here to be dicks, but we're also not here help with something that is not only against the rules, its trivial at best when you can google for such answers.

If you have watched the show over the years, they pretty much have taught you how to do just what the Op asked in the first place. How you use the knowledge is up to you. We don't care what color hat you wear, white, black or grey, but at least have a little common sense on how and what to ask when you're in someone elses house. I'm not a moderator, or anyone of authority on the forums, but if you fail to comply with the basic rules of the forums, you leave yourself open to any flames. Calling us a bunch of Dicks doesn't win you any points with anyone here.