Bandwidth gain

Bob Der Bauermeister

Hi, i'm an internet addict, and now i'm going to try to explain my problem.

My school is having some trouble with the internet service provider, they can only provide one 2mbit internet connection at the moment. More bandwidth is expected in one month. Sharing a 2mbit internet connection with 200 other users, will make the internet unbearably slow for me.

Now you know the problem, and now i need a solution. There is no monitoring on the network or any security other than you'll find in a normal home network.

I was thinking about doing some ARP poisoning, redirecting the users away from the source with internet connection or redirecting them with some DHCP magic.

Any suggestions what i can do?

btw: i don't think i'm evil for denying other users internet access, the internet is almost entirely used for accessing social websites and watching kittens on youtube. I think it will make the students focus more on the education :huh:

btw: i don't think i'm evil for denying other users internet access, the internet is almost entirely used for accessing social websites and watching kittens on youtube. I think it will make the students focus more on the education :huh:

And your use of the internet is far more important and you don't every use social networking websites.

Shut up, go back to studying and use the internet at home.

I can bet that if you do any of the shit you have named you will be caught and banned from the net faster than you can close ettercap. Your in a community when your at school and you have to share the resources with your peers, so grow up and deal with this shit like an adult.

What you're asking is to deny other people the right to their internet access that they paid for..., these people are entitled to it. Even still, it's at what cost? You're own personal gain and nothing more. On top of that, who gave you the right to decide that a legitimate internet using person shouldn't get access? I'm finding it hard to understand how'd you be able to discern that a 2mb connection is being shared amongst 200 people and has zero security. Almost like you're making it up to make your case more serious, and thus "have a good reason."

I guess you have higher morality than i expected

I think you got the perception that this is a forum for "~malicious hacking~" which you assumed was some evil process we exploit to steal, cheat, and make life for others miserable. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that's not the intention of what we do here. Go to any type of hackercon and say something like this and you'll immediately be ignored for being ignorant.

Your problem is:

Hi, i'm an internet addict[sic]

Turn off the computer and step outside, i heard they have much better graphics.

AND

No, you do not get to decide what people can and cant do online. I think you should heed your own advice and jog off.

What you're asking is to deny other people the right to their internet access that they paid for..., these people are entitled to it. Even still, it's at what cost? You're own personal gain and nothing more. On top of that, who gave you the right to decide that a legitimate internet using person shouldn't get access? I'm finding it hard to understand how'd you be able to discern that a 2mb connection is being shared amongst 200 people and has zero security. Almost like you're making it up to make your case more serious, and thus "have a good reason."

I think you got the perception that this is a forum for "~malicious hacking~" which you assumed was some evil process we exploit to steal, cheat, and make life for others miserable. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but that's not the intention of what we do here. Go to any type of hackercon and say something like this and you'll immediately be ignored for being ignorant.

*claps* Very well said! It is people like you, nullArray, VaKo, and stingwray that make me love this community, it shows that this community has integrity. Also the hak5 show helps =P.

Here's an idea, stay in school, learn what you can and become a network administrator, but ill warn you, if you cut 1000+ people's internet access (with no good intention) you can basicly see yourself in the foodstamp line for awhile.

most school networks are not very secure, doing anything to it means nothing but a 1 way ticket to getting arrested

build a cantenna and use another access point

also schools are quick to give harsh punishments (doing as little as accessing something that students should not access but the schools own carelessness left it unsecured will land you in jail depending on your age, thats why it is not even recommended to alert the school to any network problems because you will get blamed for the problem regardless of the problem and the cause of it )

a cantenna will give you ample range to find a better access point (if your lucky and have another school near by, you can probably connect to their network

your first post is to basicaly ask us to put the rope around your neck aswell as kicking the chair from underneath you.

grow up you freetard or atleast comeback whey you have some ethics