Fon Promo Code

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any Fon Promo codes? They had one not too long ago that allowed for free shipping. Anything current?

I have been searching for a promo code for months now and still have not found a single one that was valid. Ofcourse on night (very late...or early) I just snapped and bought a standard fon and the fon 2.0 but if anything pops up this is the spot it will end up at.

I have been searching for a promo code for months now and still have not found a single one that was valid. Ofcourse on night (very late...or early) I just snapped and bought a standard fon and the fon 2.0 but if anything pops up this is the spot it will end up at.

I can give you an invitation which gets you a Fon+ for $20

I'm also interested, if you'd like to share :D

The Fon+ is the same thing right, just an extra network port?

Yes, You'll need to use Gargoyle and AP51 to get openwrt on it. It's still basically point and click for the technically challenged. Although the plus is a bit a PITA getting openwrt on it. It tooks me several tries. Whereas DD-WRT does it in one try.

PM me and I'll send an invite which I believe gets you the Fon+ for $19.95

Yes, You'll need to use Gargoyle and AP51 to get openwrt on it. It's still basically point and click for the technically challenged. Although the plus is a bit a PITA getting openwrt on it. It tooks me several tries. Whereas DD-WRT does it in one try.

PM me and I'll send an invite which I believe gets you the Fon+ for $19.95

Correct, I was only able to flash DD-WRT and Gargoyle Beta 3 on mine (which many of you have seen my tutorials here), however the Gargoyle developer has been diligently helping me with 8.09 which many people claim it works out of the box, but mine just wont do it. :huh: If anyone would like an invitation, just drop me a PM or email and ill send one out asap.

The Fon+ runs can run openwrt 8.09 and has redboot and ssh available straight out of the box. I'm working on patching the madwifi drivers that come with 8.09 at the moment, see a separate thread for info on that.

• 1 month later...
I would appreciate a promo code for a Fon+, too. If it's easy to do and will save me $20, send one my way! I gotta finance my hak5 sticker addiction somehow.

:mellow:

As mentioned above, msg me your name, email and country and I will send them out. A note to anyone who requested promo codes a while back, I will be canceling your invitations to use for people who actually want them.

As mentioned above, msg me your name, email and country and I will send them out. A note to anyone who requested promo codes a while back, I will be canceling your invitations to use for people who actually want them.

A Fon+ for the UK seems more expensive than the US versions at £30, which google claims is $43, thats before any shipping charges of course. If there's any way to get a discounted one in the UK then I'd love to hear it and get started playing with these great pieces of kit.

I'm guessing these codes are for the US only though?

A Fon+ for the UK seems more expensive than the US versions at £30, which google claims is $43, thats before any shipping charges of course. If there's any way to get a discounted one in the UK then I'd love to hear it and get started playing with these great pieces of kit.

I'm guessing these codes are for the US only though?

snip

Just as a note, it looks like I am unable to send invites to the UK. Valid countries are:

Austria

Belgium

Canada

Bulgaria

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Denmark

Estonia

Finland

France

Germany

Hungary

Ireland

Italy

Latvia

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Malta

Netherlands

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Romania

Slovakia

Slovenia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

US

Right, I placed the order with Dabs on Sunday, and I just spend a frustrating 30 mins with their web based text chat customer services while I was told it would take a further 24 to 48 hours to authorise the order, that would mean an order placed Sunday would not be dispatched until Thursday? That's crappy service in anyones book.

I cancelled the order.

Dabs used to be really good when it was a large warehouse and a small counter you could just walk up to. That was a lot of years ago and their customer service has probably changed a lot since then.

Dabs used to be really good when it was a large warehouse and a small counter you could just walk up to. That was a lot of years ago and their customer service has probably changed a lot since then.

I remember that, they used to be in the Woking area originally, I can remember buying 64MB of ram on a single module (that shows how long ago it was) and putting it in my computer, for it not to work. Took it straight back and replaced with 2x 32MB modules which worked perfectly. Thats the kind of service that is missing from most places now.

I've shot myself in the foot here, as it seems that the only place to get one in the UK is Dabs/BT or Fon.com.

I'm not about to place the order with BT after canceling the Dabs order and I wont re-order it from them as I vote with my wallet when it comes to customer service, so I placed the order with fon.com

Wouldnt you know it, their standard delivery estimate is three weeks!!