Replacing Windows Explorer

twotwenty

Hi there.

I recently decided to replace my XP laptops Explorer with the Xfce desktop environment, bbClean (a modification of BlackBox for Windows). I did it because I need my laptop to start up quick, and save on memory usage. I've been a fan of Xfce for a while now, my other laptop has Xubuntu installed. I also like minimalistic designs. So far I've been very impressed with it - its really doing the job very well! I even installed Rocketdock and Rainmeter with it to enhance the desktop controls, which work really nice with it.

Heres a picture:

rocketbox_rainmeter_bbclean.jpg

What I would like to know is - What do you guys use, if anything, to modify your Windows UI?

Thanks,

TwoTwenty

Personally, I don't do much UI tweaking. When I do want/need to change the Windows Explorer/shell, I go for Directory Opus, especially with Vista.

While it's an entire explorer/shell replacement, it mainly acts as a much improved file manager, althoug the features are pretty astonishing. :)

For themes, I just go with the Zune theme for XP, Black Vista for Vista.