Retro Gaming

Ohm-ee the homie

I am trying to spark a larger interest in people to start playing old platforms like Atari, NES, Sega Genesis etc. Just because games like Link for Wii is crazy awesome doesn't mean we can't still play Hogan's Alley on NES. I stress the "on NES" part of that. Emulators are cool but they don't posses the nostalgic reach back to our youth that the old platforms give us. Most of us have these old systems in storage on on shelves in our houses as if they were relics on display from ancient times. Well...maybe they are but that doesn't mean we can't still use them. Nintendos take some cooing and coaxing to get them working but with a good cleaning and a snip to the lockout chip pin #4 they were as good as new. Who's with me, and if not why?

• 1 month later...

I've kept my old school ninetndo consoles since my mom bought them for me when I was little. I don't care that there are cables everywhere and I have to steal the tv to play... I just love my old consoles. Maybe thats why I never dl emulators.

• 1 month later...

my nex quit working years ago. so a bought a generation nex. it works with the exact same controller. takes carts for both nes and famicom, and has a retro look. and since i can use my real nes pad its still got the retro feel to it.

but im a sega fan at heart. i would love to play my genesis again (its not in storage. its got a drawer in my dresser dedicated to it). my only problem is i dont have the av cables. and the rf switch i have doesnt work. so the closest i can get to that old feel is wii virtual console with the classic controller. i dont have the spare cash to spend on av cables for my genesis 2 though.

i have quite a few old consoles but its not easy at all to get ahold of games and cables. ive got cash but living expenses are too much.

though my atari 2600 is in working condition and ive got everything i need for it. i may just pull it out and have some fun.

if theres anyone out there wanting an atari 2600. ive got 2 and im willing to sell 1. the only problem is neither have the tv connection box thing lol. but you can get those of ebay easy and cheap.

if anyone wants to buy ill put it on ebay with 2 controllers (ive got aroud 8. 2 regular joystics, 1 arcade style joystic(with the ball tip), paddle controllers(somewhere), and 1 flight sim style stick.) of your choice. and ill send it with any games i have multiples of as well as a few of your choice from the list.

just post here if your interested. ill list all my games(besides space invaders. thats one im keeping) and you can pick 5 or so.

i want the spare cash so i can get a sega master system and some games. since ive fixed my genesis(bad connection on the board. lil soldering fixed it) i want to get a different system. and since master system is extremely cheap and tons of games out there i'd love to finally own one.