Shock

Pizza

have ever touched a something and it shocks you like when you are closing a car when you touch your door it shocks you

:-x :-x :-x :-x

how do you stop that from happing?

it makes me so mad

It's called "Static Electricity", it's like normal electricity except it doesn't move...

You can avoid it by sleeping on a bed of nylon.

I wouldn't know what any one else thinks, but this thread really is absolutely ridiculous.

How can you be mad at been statically charged? Thats like been mad that it's not particularly safe to go out side in the rain when giant bolts of static jump from the clouds to the ground.

You could live in fear all your life and never move, or learn to ignore it. been statically charged doesn't aulter body function (but does fuck mostly any thing that uses arrays of transistors). You feel a small discharge, boo hoo, go see a shrink about it because you probably have anger management issues.

Ground yourself at all times

I'm sure that's very possible in a car or plane ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrostatic_discharge

Just be sure yoru grounded if your working on sensitive equipment, like PC hardware, etc. Other than that, the only way to avoid it is to discharge yourself, which means, your going to get a shock anyway.

Here are two sure fire ways to ground yourself:  Stick a fork in an outlet, or try to climb up a metal latter to a high voltage wire.

Dont forget metal cleats on your golf shoes while holding a lightning rod in a thunder storm. Toaster in the shower usually works too.

Electrocuting yourself is a rather strange experience. We where cabling up our new office and decide to run some electrical cabling in the conduit as well, I was putting a plug or something on one end of the cable, at the time I though the juice was switched off, however to securely screw the connections down I put my thumb across the live terminal. I remember letting out a really girly yelp (which I am still reminded about today) then I remember by thumb growing ever increasing hot! It was fuzzy and numb for a little while after that, I also remember that It was near impossible to let go of the plug, it has tensed all the muscles in my hand.

I disasembeled a camera one the capassitor still had a charge I tried to pick it up.... ended up throwing it across the room

That's not a static discharge just to be clear. Never touch capacitors if it hasn't been discharged, even if it's out of some thing that hasn't been turned on in decades. They can hold their charge for longer then the average person will be alive.

I disasembeled a camera one the capassitor still had a charge I tried to pick it up.... ended up throwing it across the room

Your lucky it was just a camera and not something like a CRT monitor or Television. No joke, you can still stop a persons heart with a flash from a disposable camera(or any camera) if you do not discharge it before working on it. And taking a picture does not properly discharge it, it will slightly recharge after each picture.

I've burnt a hole in my thumb because i shorted a 240v transformer making an electro magnet for school. That class i got all A's because i told the teacher i would sue him.

I've made a tazer with a camera flash works well.

lol

thats bad

That class i got all A's because i told the teacher i would sue him.

not sure I believe that, but in the case that that's true

1)one that teacher is stupid becasue it only accredits your claim that it was his mistake

2) You are and asshat, who first off was dumb enough to injur your own damn self.  But then used it to cover up your own inability to do well in that class

A better opportunity would be to actually learn the material and better yourself.  I have to agree that I don't believe you on this.  I somehow can't see a teacher giving in to a student.  Maybe if the threat was more along the lines of "The principle will here about this or I am going to write a letter to the local newspaper about said event", but not "I am going to sue you". 

Maybe if the threat was more along the lines of "The principle will here about this or I am going to write a letter to the local newspaper about said event", but not "I am going to sue you". 

"I'm going to sue you for this!"

"Hahahahahahahahaha. I want the project on my desk tomorrow morning or you've failed."

"..."