November Desktops

BlowMe

Just testing RKlauncher:

The one thing I do not like is that it does not incorporate the SysTray so I have no Calender or Time display or icons from the SysTray. You would then need to add some widget for the time, and then another for a calender, still not having the icons for programs that reside in the SysTray applet. The idea of adding sperate widgets kind of defeats the purpose of a clean interface, in my opinion, but i like th eidea of a clean launch bar that magnifies the icons. If windows did this with the Quick Launch bar, that would be a much better solution. You could then make the icons very small and mouse over them to see the bigger ones to launch. Why windows has not ever implemented this, I have no idea, because I have been wanting that feature for along time, but have no desire to jump to a MAC. I also have wanted this long before I ever saw it on a MAC and I bet a lot of other people have thought of it as well, only Apple came out with it as part of the OS, as wehre this is just a third party app to do  the same thing. For anyone wanting to give it a try for windows, I found it here: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rklauncher/

No change, well I'm using Eclipse a lot more as I'm teaching Java to some people.

Metatron, I used to use Eclipse myself but I recently got into something called Anjuta, amazing IDE, I really suggest checking it out.

Just installed it, It looks like a nice C/C++ IDE I will have to play around with it. 

No change, well I'm using Eclipse a lot more as I'm teaching Java to some people.

Metatron, I used to use Eclipse myself but I recently got into something called Anjuta, amazing IDE, I really suggest checking it out.

Just installed it, It looks like a nice C/C++ IDE I will have to play around with it. 

It has advanced Syntax completion and Syntax coloring which I really like, the compiling and debugging process is soooo much more straightforward with it.

P.S. Use the Scintilla editor, its much more clean.

Edit: I almost forgot, you are doing Java so I suggest you go into plugins options and select the Class Inheritance plugin, there are tons of plugins with it, also that you may DL.

This is a failed attempt to make my laptop look like ubuntu

Just install Ubuntu. The only reason for having Windows on a laptop is visual studio.

waiting for 7.10 to be delivered :)

i want the cool cd..

Why not just dl it, install it, and keep the cool cd for later?

He may have Dial Up.

Just install Ubuntu. The only reason for having Windows on a laptop is visual studio.

i want the cool cd..

He may have Dial Up.

internet download speed it pretty decent @ 768KB/s stated MAX by isp...

hmm... i already downloaded and used 7.04.. while waiting for 7.10, should i download ubuntu studio or ubuntu ultimate 5? hmm...

maybe both?

(just reformatted and left afew GBs of unpartitioned space...so i cant decide which to install.. the new one or the old one? or other derivatives?)

i want the cool cd..

He may have Dial Up.

internet download speed it pretty decent @ 768KB/s stated MAX by isp...

hmm... i already downloaded and used 7.04.. while waiting for 7.10, should i download ubuntu studio or ubuntu ultimate 5? hmm...

maybe both?

(just reformatted and left afew GBs of unpartitioned space...so i cant decide which to install.. the new one or the old one? or other derivatives?)

Dood why are you asking us as if we care what you download. There both free and open source its not like its a buying decision.