iFrame Alternatives?

hsncorrosion

I am running a small banner advertisement php script and am trying to find a way to allow people to add the ad box to their site without using a nasty iFrame.

Do you know how?

Here is an example of what I'm using atm.

<iframe width="468" scrolling="no" height="60" frameborder="0" border="0" src="http://WEBSITE ADDRESS/affiliation/display.php?cat=general" name="code4site">You Don't support Iframes</iframe>

iFrames are bad
by Boris

Iframes are bad, I lived in a iFrame once, it wasn't very comfortable. it made me thin and tall, and you had to go down two floors to see my feet. Then when people moused over me and moved there scroll wheel, I moved up and down uncontrollably.

Foot note: The correct way to not use a iFrame where you are including a page from another site is to have your server download it and include it in it's own page, any other way is wrong.

Someone suggested Ajax, I thought maybe Javascript.

I don't know how to code either.

See iFrames look like crap and discourages users, I need something like how google ads does it....

...go look up 'ajax' and come back and tell us what it means

QFE

Ajax, or AJAX, (Asynchronous JavaScript and XML) is a web development technique used for creating interactive web applications. The intent is to make web pages feel more responsive by exchanging small amounts of data with the server behind the scenes, so that the entire web page does not have to be reloaded each time the user requests a change. This is intended to increase the web page's interactivity, speed, functionality, and usability.

Resource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax_(programming)

I think if you use a little PHP Includes for rotating page content aligned on the page using CSS, that should do the trick. There are amny ways it can be done, all of which will be up to you to decide how you want to code it. Uisng a combination of Javascript for an aray of ad content and placement using CSS, or calling in files from PHP. All are possibilities, but AJAX is more or less when you want user interaction and isntant feedback to the screen without reloading the page. EX: Googlemaps where you drag the map on the page and the images update in real time on the page.

Ads are just static elements that point to the advertisers link and can be put into one file that rotates them in sequential order, random, or whatever order you decide.

Here is an example to get you started with what you can do: http://simplythebest.net/scripts/DHTML_scr...script_131.html