i really need this tool

HALEN666

hey guys, i know this is gonna sound kind of dumb, but do you guys know about a good command line keylogger????

i know there are many keyloger out there, but i have't fgound any that will show me what people is typing from the command line. for instance, it would be nice to use tools such as psexec with a cmd keylogger so that i could see what the person is typing  like in the video in youtube that talks about how secure windows vista is, the guy uses some kind of keylogger that shows him in live what the other guy is typing in a website, but the attacker sees everything from the command pompt.  please if you guys knows about a good tool that does that please lemme know. thank you

why would you need a port scanner??  too see how nice it looks?? oh ok

Is there a legitimate use for a port scanner? - yes

Is there a legitimate use for a key logger? - no

Hmm not 100% true, if u have a family, and young kids, and want to be on the safeside, a keylogger is fine, but u really should atleast tell the kids, u will monitor the, at all times on the PC.

why would you need a port scanner??  too see how nice it looks?? oh ok

Is there a legitimate use for a port scanner? - yes

Is there a legitimate use for a key logger? - no

There is if it's your pc. My sister used to get on AOL using my pc and I told her I didn't want her on there. I eventually got her password and changed it so she couldnt use her account anymore. I gave it back to her after she agreed to stop messing with my pc. (This was before xp, so there was no password to lock the pc down per accounts on 98). I had written it in VB and it saved ANY typed words from any keystroks along with the title of any program you may have been in to a log file.

"Look at the sky just before you die" - isn't that Metallica?

Hmm not 100% true, if u have a family, and young kids, and want to be on the safeside, a keylogger is fine, but u really should atleast tell the kids, u will monitor the, at all times on the PC.

There is if it's your pc. My sister used to get on AOL using my pc and I told her I didn't want her on there. I eventually got her password and changed it so she couldnt use her account anymore. I gave it back to her after she agreed to stop messing with my pc. (This was before xp, so there was no password to lock the pc down per accounts on 98). I had written it in VB and it saved ANY typed words from any keystroks along with the title of any program you may have been in to a log file.

"Look at the sky just before you die" - isn't that Metallica?

Ok I can see a legitimate use for a key logger if you only own a node on your network but I control everything on my network and therefore can accomplish both of these without the need for a keylogger. But yes I have also written a key logger in VB, wasn't the greatest but it worked.

I also wouldn't say that stealing your sister AOL password is a legitimate use for a keylogger.

I also wouldn't say that stealing your sister AOL password is a legitimate use for a keylogger.

At the time, it was a means to an end, and this was like 7, 8 years ago and one of my first VB apps. If anything, he should learn to write his own. That in itself was more rewarding than actually using it and he would learn something in the process.

At the time, it was a means to an end, and this was like 7, 8 years ago and one of my first VB apps at the time.

In my opinion it's still not a legitimate use, but an acceptable solution to an annoying problem.

IF anything, he whould learn to write his own. That in itself was more rewarding the actually using it and he would learn something in the process.

QFE

I've never come across any command-line keyloggers, so my advice is to code one yourself if you can, and if not, I'm sure someone on this site could do it for you if you asked nicely :)

As far as the practicality of a keylogger, they can be very useful. For instance, if you're a student and there's a test coming up and you want the answers to "study" with, you could install an invisible keylogger on the teacher's computer :) (or probably just use the HackSaw)

I've never come across any command-line keyloggers, so my advice is to code one yourself if you can, and if not, I'm sure someone on this site could do it for you if you asked nicely :)

As far as the practicality of a keylogger, they can be very useful. For instance, if you're a student and there's a test coming up and you want the answers to "study" with, you could install an invisible keylogger on the teacher's computer :) (or probably just use the HackSaw)

Well you answered it yourself, but still that is not a legitimate use for a key logger.

it annoys me too when people are like

ZOMG lets cheat on tests in school!

If you need to cheat go play monopoly, its easy to cheat when your the bank. I hate people that cheat in test's it's annoying, I earn't all my grades at school (although for me its easy to get +90% on a test) and when people cheated it was just irritating. On the other hand, in monopoly I have no problem cheating :P

I really hate the way you give answers .

and why would you need a key logger...

SmoothCriminal , that was a very smart answer . You should'va kept your mouth shut . If you don't know how to answer his question , don't post anything . Yeah , it's very ELITE of you to give such answers .

HALEN , i don't know if it's possible to only log the command line . Check the following links :

This one is very simple to setup , you only need python installed :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pykeylogger/ 

This one works too , but i preffer the one written in python

http://sourceforge.net/projects/elogger/

Skiddies....

So many skiddies

DISCLAIMER: ¡¡ I am not good at hacking as of yet (learning lots of programming stuff in school right now) but it annoys me too when people are like

ZOMG lets cheat on tests in school!

I think you misunderstood me...I wasn't saying that I would do that at all, I never really needed to cheat. I was saying that I've heard of people doing that before, that's all :P

I really hate the way you give answers .

and why would you need a key logger...

SmoothCriminal , that was a very smart answer . You should'va kept your mouth shut . If you don't know how to answer his question , don't post anything . Yeah , it's very ELITE of you to give such answers .

HALEN , i don't know if it's possible to only log the command line . Check the following links :

This one is very simple to setup , you only need python installed :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pykeylogger/

This one works too , but i preffer the one written in python

http://sourceforge.net/projects/elogger/

Ouch, I asked a legitimate question, one of which that doesn't have many (IMO) legitimate answers.  If he had satisfactorily answered I would have referred him to Iron Geek's review of some of the big hardware key loggers (http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=securit...keyghost-keelog), but he did not and chose to reference a legitimate tool  in his crappy response.  And now here we are having my head ripped off for asking a question that should be asked before this question gets answered.

Just a note here, when you try to justify why you want a key logger saying "because i want to log the keys pressed on a computer" is far better than any lame excuse about ethical hacking, or long winded stories that end with you needing to right a wrong. We all know what they're for, lets be adult about this.

Just a note here, when you try to justify why you want a key logger saying "because i want to log the keys pressed on a computer" is far better than any lame excuse about ethical hacking, or long winded stories that end with you needing to right a wrong. We all know what they're for, lets be adult about this.

That is true, I just got a little carried away with myself after reading hacking the school netz topic(s).  If I kept with that response on everything how could I justify learning things like man in the middle attacks.  So in conclusion...touché.