McAffee Hate Us!

Mr Andrewson

It might be a bit harsh for the site itself to be flagged but the hacksaw stuff is definitely something they should flag as possibly harmful. Here it might be a fun toy but in the "real" corporate world that kind of thing is scary as hell and something you would expect your expensive AV-scanner to catch.

I've posted a message as the owner of the site. Interesting verification process involving a very long filename in our web root.

Not that it matters that much since only noobs use McAfee (Yeah McAfee I said it, you're bloatware preying on the computer illiterate). Wait, thats probably not going to help our case. Hang on. ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Stupid VT100.

Anyway if you're concerned you can always swing by http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/hak5.org and post a positive user review.

I've posted a message as the owner of the site. Interesting verification process involving a very long filename in our web root.

Not that it matters that much since only noobs use McAfee (Yeah McAfee I said it, you're bloatware preying on the computer illiterate). Wait, thats probably not going to help our case. Hang on. ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Stupid VT100.

Anyway if you're concerned you can always swing by http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/hak5.org and post a positive user review.

Funny, my work blocks the main hak5 site and wiki because "smart filtering" deems it as "hacking" and other illicit stuff, but the forums come up just fine. I think there is something in your main pages that it sees, like either a link to a certain site or specific word it filters out and blocks it for.

Oddly, I can enjoy the forums with no problem though, so whatever your doing differently on the forums, please, leave it that way or I won't be able to get my fix...

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to inquire about the SiteAdvisor Web safety test for hak5.org

SiteAdvisor senior engineers have cleared this domain for a green Web safety rating switch.

Please allow approximately four weeks for the data to propagate through our database.

Thanks again for your interest.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

McAfee, Inc.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to inquire about the SiteAdvisor Web safety test for hak5.org

SiteAdvisor senior engineers have cleared this domain for a green Web safety rating switch.

Please allow approximately four weeks for the data to propagate through our database.

Thanks again for your interest.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

McAfee, Inc.

awwww McAfee <3 Hak.5

sounds like googles webmaster auth

FOUR WEEKS?!?

Nice process they got going there...

Edit: On a brighter note, those 4 weeks appear to already have passed. Except for the switchblade all is looking good now.