EU-Meetup: Age?

VaKo

Age Limit?  

50 members have voted

1. 1.

• 18+
    • 16+
    • No Limit

Its come up a few times, so I think we should vote. Personally I would rather this was an 18+ event, and I would draw a line at people under 16 as some form of alcohol will probally feature in this venture. So what do you think?

The UK is 18+ to buy alcohol in a bar unless your with your parents or something, and quite a few places seem to have door policy's that prevent entry to minors, despite the fact the can legally enter and just drink juice or soda.

I vote 18+ (or legal drinking age possibly).

Thing is, us 18+ y/o people will be responsible for any minors if they're not accompanied by a parent/guardian (which I don't think is gonna happen) and I think with a meetup this it's fairly important that you're confident everyone can stand on their own two feet (at least until the 3rd round of drinks...)

The booze issue is a big 'un too, it's gonna be pretty crap for the younger ones if we decide to go on a bar crawl... and... well... that just isn't gonna work, for them, for us, for anyone.

I would like to say "hey, anyone's welcome" but this really is gonna be an adult environment.

The UK is 18+ to buy alcohol in a bar unless your with your parents or something, and quite a few places seem to have door policy's that prevent entry to minors, despite the fact the can legally enter and just drink juice or soda.
ye , belgian drinking age = 16 tho so i voted 16+

not tht i care for myself cos by the time this is happening i'll allready be 18 ...

I think a during the day thing where anyone of any age can come, then the 18+ people can go out at night. This covers everyone, and is fair for people who aren't 18+.

That works but it'll take some organising, and still leaves the responsability issue... if it can be done though I think that would be fair...

well this is pretty shit then .. about 90% of europain views will have no intrest in going .. of the remaing about 25% can go cause of work/can travel far .. and then of the rest 40% or so is under 18.

its pretty shit on me like .. i have real enthusam to go and really want to .. and now i cant jsut because i was bon in '92 an not '88

well this is pretty shit then .. about 90% of europain views will have no intrest in going .. of the remaing about 25% can go cause of work/can travel far .. and then of the rest 40% or so is under 18.

its pretty shit on me like .. i have real enthusam to go and really want to .. and now i cant jsut because i was bon in '92 an not '88

Apart from those number not making much sense and being made up, there obviously has to be some limit if the plan is to go drinking. TomB's idea seems fairest, because it lets under 18s attend and meet everyone, then the people who are 18 or over who want to go drinking can do so later. And to be honest i'm not sure how many under 18s will be able to travel to it if it isn't near them (it probably makes sense to have it in a capital or major city which it's cheap to get to and stay in, and has good transport and which people would actually like to visit).

or you could do it the sensible way .. make sure the venue has a bar and those under 18 wont get served achol, but they can still join in the banter.

that is fair in my opinion .. but i think tomb's to far up his arse to even thinkbout itrealyy he jsut dosnt want under 18's becasue "young children pissme[him] off" .. an the youngest ther would probally be me .. so for the sake of 4 years bare with it

Under 18's are problematic though, there are some venues that may allow under 18's in, but there are enough that don't for it to be a problem. (Especially since drinking in the UK involves multiple bars). And I don't particularly want to have to babysit someone who can't get into a bar etc. If we're honest, being under 18 in the UK isn't that amazing if your planning a drink or 2. TomB has the best solution by far tbh.

Under 18's are problematic though, there are some venues that may allow under 18's in, but there are enough to be a problem. (Especially since drinking in the UK involves multiple bars). And I don't particularly want to have to babysit someone who can't get into a bar etc. If we're honest, being under 18 in the UK isn't that amazing if your planning a drink or 2. TomB has the best solution by far tbh.

I concur... I know the under 18s will be pissed off if they don't get to go, I know what it was like when I was under 18 and couldn't do stuff, but you gotta understand the age thing will be a problem. Perhaps where you live you can get in to bars your family knows or that don't care, but it will cause problems if we try anything.

We're not saying this to piss on those who aren't old enough to visit a bar, we're trying to be logical. Just as we'll think about solutions if we can, you guys gotta understand we're not organising this as a school trip, we will be reckless and we'll probably be wanting to be spontanious which we *cannot* do if we're accompanying minors.

err long story shot .. heres a formula

neochivers + drink + all-ready-pissed-off + getting anoyed even more = radom junk :)

i applogise!

basically what i think i said was,

say 500 people show up, how are you gona ge tthem all around a town theyve never been in and 500 people into a bar.

one venue is a better way, and then under 18's wont get served but they can stay.

basically what i think i said was,

say 500 people show up, how are you gona ge tthem all around a town theyve never been in and 500 people into a bar.

one venue is a better way, and then under 18's wont get served but they can stay.

Well obviously 500 people won't turn up, but if they did it shouldn't really be up to anyone to help get them around, people would just have to be responsible for keeping themselves with everyone else if that's what they wanted to do. I don't see how that's an argument against only 18 and overs, it seems more like one for it.

Edit; And how are you going to get 500 into a bar regardless of whether you are moving between bars or not?