Higher question

anyedie

Im coming to the end of my 2nd year at my university. I have been double majoring in psycology and computer science, Psycology because I am highly intrested in it (but see no real long term future in it), and CS because I could really see myself doing something in that field.

My question is:

:arrow: if you have completed some sort of higher education, what was the concentration?

:arrow: What Degree(s)/ Certs do you have?

:arrow: If you could do it over, would you pick the same thing?

:arrow: And for those not quite there yet, what are your plans?

[...]what was the concentration?

Very High

What Degree(s)[...] do you have?

2nd and 3rd mostly

If you could do it over, would you pick the same thing?

No, I would actually use some sort of fire, I'm thinking magnesium, as it burns pretty hot.

And for those not quite there yet, what are your plans?

... Oh! You're talking about education, not chemical burns...

In that case:

Web Development

Associate of Applied Science

Probably, maybe switch to CS

if you have completed some sort of higher education, what was the concentration?

Only computer science related subjects

What Degree(s)/ Certs do you have?

one degree in computer science and a cert in software engineering.

If you could do it over, would you pick the same thing?

i would have learnt another language in addition to my computing course.[/i]

If you ove compsci stick with it, theres lots of money to be made, adn jobs to be had. Samegoes for physch I suppose. If you can figure out how to combine the two you oculd probubbly make an assload of money.

Just remember to take a bunch of electives too, always fun to see what else you like. I never would have known i liked hotography until i took a course in it.

:arrow: if you have completed some sort of higher education, what was the concentration?

4 classes away from my AAIT, Inter networking (Cisco oriented)

:arrow: What Degree(s)/ Certs do you have? Will have AAIT Internetworking soon, Network+, GSEC, taking GCIH in a week or three, CISSP in June

No would've done a more security focused one, but hey gotta use the military credits.

:arrow: And for those not quite there yet, what are your plans?

:P

I had the luck of going to an average (?) education school before moving on to the higher education one (our school system is rather different). It laid the groundwork that made the higher education school a breeze. There's no doubt in my mind that if I had gone directly to the higher education school, I would've have a VERY hard time. Concentration is high, and you're expected to go out and figure out the missing pieces if you can't deduce it from the actual class.

:arrow: What Degree(s)/ Certs do you have?

MTS Technisch Informatica

HTS Hoger Informatica

Tought myself java, but when my boss learned the hard way that during the .com bust it's hard to sell a dev to a company when he's got tons of experience but no piece of paper that says he managed to survive a questionnaire a couple of years ago I got to attend a few classes and become a Sun Certified Java 1.4 Developer. (Yay me...)

I also got a cert for Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 which I deliberately left off of my resumé when applying for jobs.

Absolutely. Although I was told later that since I completed the MTS I was allowed to skip the first year of HTS. That might be something I would do differently if I got to do it all over again. 8)