Video converter

Phoenix

I just got a Zune for my birthday (march 12 woot) anyway, All of my Hak.5 eps and other shows are in the xvid .avi format and the zune won't play them. I don't want to have to re-download the ones I want to take with me :(

But the problem is all the converters I can find (free ones/ trial versions) leave a "water mark" on the video. I was wondering if anyone knows of one that won't do that. I need to get the files to Zune MP4, H264, or .wmv

Thanks

This is what you need: Windows Media Encoder

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...er/default.mspx

I'm using it right now to transcode (re-encode) all of our master AVIs over to 3Mbps WMV9 videos (DVD quality). More on what thats all about later.

1 4 hour transcode down, 20 more to go :)

So, I assume you guys will be doing more video capturing in this format to improve the video and audio quality over the network?

Also, its gonna take 3 more days to do the conversions. Something big instore for all that extra work...Give us a hint...

Actually it's going to take a lot longer than 3 more days to finish these encodes. These things are taking forever to encode. And when it's all said and done I'll have to upload 14 GB to our webserver, which will probably take two or so days. Then we've got to wait for the content distribution partner to pick them up off the special RSS and cache them on their network. So I'd say we probably won't be making a press release until late March / early April.

But man do these files look beautiful. Full res, DVD quality version at just under 700MB each. Mmmm.

But man do these files look beautiful. Full res, DVD quality version at just under 700MB each. Mmmm.

Dude... don't do that shit to me... My hard drive's gonna be full like a fat guy at a pie eating contest with a slow metabolism and a knot in his intestine... :shock:

• 4 weeks later...