Ultimate School Prank (Hack)

SmoothCriminal

Hello, I am a Senior at high school, and i want to hack the network to make a prank that will earn my legacy. I would like to send a broadcast, or anything else you can think of that would be fun and doesn't cause destruction (I would like to graduate). Since I am currently enrolled in a CCNA class, I will not be pulling off the prank until late May (I would like to keep my Tech. privileges). Now I do not have many rights on the computers as I am a student, but due to our crappy tech. officials, I have found a few ports unused, that they forgot to disable (I could bring in my laptop). I know the Broadcast IP, but am clueless to the program I would need to send the message. I don't have to worry about getting caught while I'm doing it (my teacher will turn his head), but I know I will be caught within minutes of the broadcast taking place. Thanks for your help, I will try and video tape the broadcast for some youtube fun.

P.S. This is not one of the many messages trying to get around the school philters, I don't care how to, I can look at nasty sites on my own time.

Sorry to break it to ya kid, but you're legacy won't live on. The freshmen won't care. Chicks still don't dig nerds (just attractive dudes with macs on myspace). And honestly it's not going to do you one bit of good. As soon as you get out of high school your entire world will change and none of that stuff will matter. In 5 years time you'll return home for the holidays and bump into former classmates stocking shelves at walmart, and you'll have a deeper understanding of life.

Take whatever grain of insight you've gained through the CCNA program, grab a zoo book on whatever peaks your interest, and read it until you can recite it backwards.

Then after a few years in tech when you've become jaded and cynical come back here and flame noobs who post questions about pwning school networks. Sadly it'll be the highlight of your day.

Oh, and then do IPTV because looking at yourself in the mirror got boring.

There, I think I've offended everyone, including myself. Cheers.

Sorry to break it to ya kid, but you're legacy won't live on. The freshmen won't care. Chicks still don't dig nerds (just attractive dudes with macs on myspace). And honestly it's not going to do you one bit of good. As soon as you get out of high school your entire world will change and none of that stuff will matter. In 5 years time you'll return home for the holidays and bump into former classmates stocking shelves at walmart, and you'll have a deeper understanding of life.

He's right. Everyone who didn't make it out of my home town is doing exactly that, most have kids, and some are dead. I won't even tell you what I had planned for my senior prank, but it was pretty stupid, and I fell through the soft ceiling tile trying to accomplish it.

Then after a few years in tech when you've become jaded and cynical come back here and flame noobs who post questions about pwning school networks. Sadly it'll be the highlight of your day.

Oh yeah, not to mention, the school reserves the right to prosecute you in Federal court under USC 18:1029 for unlawful use of their network!

haha i like this, it amuses me so ^_^

Ultimate School Prank (Hack)... yeah umm, when i went to skool ppl really didnt call it like a Prank, its umm what we thought of kinda lame, like umm llama lame, u see at skool ppl dont give a sh^t bout ur skills, and if u kill the PC instead of being, "aaw! kool how did u do that!?" it more like "U F^&K TARD NOW I CANT CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE!!!"

Also umm being a Senior shouldnt u be more focused on ur studies instead of trying to be kicked out?

One more thing, u say this sint on of thouse "This is not one of the many messages trying to get around the school philters" but it is one of thouse, im a script kiddie, give me a way to fark with my skool network.

Well about all that, if ur using Windows XP < SP2, use "Net Send", if ur running Novell, then i suggest "Novell MSG Send", and umm yeah all msgs that are sent around a network all get traced, and a msg aint gonna give u a legacie at ur skool. Try standing infront of a bus or somthink, now that shit is kool.

well, I know I am going to get caught doing it. Four or five years ago "supposedly" someone sent a broadcast he was caught within two minutes, but it is not about that, it is about legacy. We haven't had a good prank for a few years, and I would like to bring pranking back. Thanks for the advice Darren, but being a stupid teenager, I will probably do it anyway. I know I will have my tech privileges revoked, but since it will be the end of the year I don't care. I can't imagine anything bigger happening to me, I am sure they will let me receive my diploma. Also, there is a chance that the broadcast will cover many many highschools. I have heard that our network (rumor) might be connected with others, as long as our router will send the message through (routers are supposed to prevent broadcasts).

well, I know I am going to get caught doing it. Four or five years ago "supposedly" someone sent a broadcast he was caught within two minutes, but it is not about that, it is about legacy. We haven't had a good prank for a few years, and I would like to bring pranking back. Thanks for the advice Darren, but being a stupid teenager, I will probably do it anyway. I know I will have my tech privileges revoked, but since it will be the end of the year I don't care. I can't imagine anything bigger happening to me, I am sure they will let me receive my diploma. Also, there is a chance that the broadcast will cover many many highschools. I have heard that our network (rumor) might be connected with others, as long as our router will send the message through (routers are supposed to prevent broadcasts).

I'm really rather sorry I wasn't here when you posted originally.

Screwing with school networks in any way, shape or form is one of the most stupid thing you can do. I've said it before and I'll say it again; you can screw your education, screw your career and screw your life.

You listen to what we're saying in this thread and you'll have done the sensible thing. Darren's 110% right and most of the other people in this thread have been too. Remember, we've been there, we've seen people mess up bad and now we're giving you the chance to take that knowledge and that warning. I'd advise that you take it and run.

Your name won't live on, you won't leave a legacy and you might not even leave qualified. If you have any brain cells at all in there then you'll see that what we're saying makes sense.

Welcome to the forums. Locked.