Pineapple nano no led

kattapult

Today, my new Pineapple Nano arrived. However, I'm not able to start the device up ...

When I plug it in, the blue led lights up for about 5 seconds. Then it turns off, and nothing happens.

When I go to /pineapple/ (http://172.16.42.1:147), the page cannot be displayed.

I then tried to do a factory reset, but also that does not work. Again, nothing happens.

Finally I tried to do a firmware recovery, but also that doesn't work. However, after holding the reset button and plugging it in, the blue led remains solid. Unfortunately, again nothing happens when going to 192.168.1.1 after configuring a static ip

Does someone recognizes this? What else can I try?

• 1 year later...
On 3/8/2016 at 4:31 AM, kattapult said:

Today, my new Pineapple Nano arrived. However, I'm not able to start the device up ...

When I plug it in, the blue led lights up for about 5 seconds. Then it turns off, and nothing happens.

When I go to /pineapple/ (http://172.16.42.1:147), the page cannot be displayed.

I then tried to do a factory reset, but also that does not work. Again, nothing happens.

Finally I tried to do a firmware recovery, but also that doesn't work. However, after holding the reset button and plugging it in, the blue led remains solid. Unfortunately, again nothing happens when going to 192.168.1.1 after configuring a static ip

Does someone recognizes this? What else can I try?

I have the exact same issue and have tried the exact same things you stated above with the exact same results. Did you have any luck in fixing the issue?

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Zech15 said:

Im having the same issue with my Nano too.It has a dim green light. Does anyone have a fix?

its suppose to have dim green light, no fix, thats normal.  Do you have the bright blue light also?

The WiFi Pineapple features a firmware recovery option which allows the user to restore the device to a factory firmware image. This procedure is performed via a special web interface.

Begin by downloading the factory firmware image for your device.

WiFi Pineapple NANO Factory Firmware Image - SHA256: a40f0d790369a3490bcd271f89201460282c34a4f530aa7261f0cb4d45ab2c40
WiFi Pineapple TETRA Factory Firmware Image - SHA256: 30fa9e83494593972750a254c706f1be329e4af4265629e1177015b764d27ae6
Next, follow these steps to access the recovery web interface and update the firmware.

Unplug the WiFi Pineapple completely from all power sources.
Begin holding the RESET button on the device.
With the RESET button held, power on the device.
Continue holding the RESET button for 10 seconds, then release.
NANO: The blue LED will remain solid
TETRA: The yellow LED will remain solid
Connect the host PC to the WiFi Pineapple via the USB Ethernet Port
NANO: The male USB A plug
TETRA: The Micro USB port labeled ETH
From the host PC, configure a static IP address on the WiFi Pineapple facing Ethernet interface to 192.168.1.2 with netmask 255.255.255.0
For example, in Linux run ifconfig eth1 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 up (where eth1 is the interface name of the WiFi Pineapple).
From the host PC, browse to http://192.168.1.1
Click Choose File and select the factory firmware image downloaded above.
Click Update Firmware.
This process will take several minutes. Do not interrupt the power supply while the firmware is updating. Once complete, the WiFi Pineapple will restart.
Reset the the WiFi Pineapple facing USB Ethernet interface back to DHCP or 172.16.42.42 with netmask 255.255.255.0

make sure you follow the directions 

Archived